You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Building your bankroll

I play tournaments and cash.....how would you play my current bankroll of £75......whats the best way to build it up to a reasonable level, say £200 or so to start....

Cheers

Pete

Comments

• edited September 2009

£3.30 double your money, then move up to £5.50 when you hit £100-110. The standard is low and if you are any good you will crush these games.
    For cash i recommend somewhere between 1p/2p to 5p/10p, i dont know whats in between but play whatever it is. Your roll is bigger than 1p/2p though and too small for 5p/10p.

Hope this helps. Tournaments you want to be playing with no more than 5% of your bankroll ish, and cash games its recommended you have 100BB in front of you and 100 buy ins. So 10,000BB of a cash table and you have enough of a bank roll to play very comfortably with no risk of going bust.

• edited September 2009
    I think BlackFish has got that pretty much spot on. The DYM tournaments should be a good way to begin the bankroll, and then move up to the £5s. If you feel your cash game is decent, I'd start off with the full ring 2/4p games and move up from there once you get to around £150.

The key to this to be patient. Bankrolls very rarely spring up out of nowhere, so it's about finding a level you can beat, taking the monies and moving up a level. If you find you're uncomfortable at the higher level, drop down - there's no place for pride in poker, so play at the levels which are best for you and your wallet.

Good luck!
    Dave
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Building your bankroll:
    I play tournaments and cash.....how would you play my current bankroll of £75......whats the best way to build it up to a reasonable level, say £200 or so to start.... Cheers Pete
    Posted by burnanator
    Ignore the MTT's for a while. Yes they can drastically increase your bankroll but 90% of the time they will have the reverse effect.
    DYM's in my opinion are the best limited risk option. Been doing it myself. Started at £19.02 (dont ask why!) and slow grinding has pushed this up to well over £250 in 4 months.
    Sitting at a level you are comfortable with is so important. Never risk more than 2.5/5% in any game and dont play above your ability. I still play at £3.30/£5.50 games as having played the £11.00 I still dont feel that comfortable at them. Perhaps when i go over £300......
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Building your bankroll:
    I play tournaments and cash.....how would you play my current bankroll of £75......whats the best way to build it up to a reasonable level, say £200 or so to start.... Cheers Pete
    Posted by burnanator
    win, win and win lol
  • edited October 2009
    Just stick to 5% bankroll for cash, same for the DYM, and 2% for MTT and you will be fine.