You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Trips, straight, full house. Should i have got away from this?

Hi guys. 8NL. Been playing this table for quite a while. Not had much contact with villain to be fair when the following hand takes place. There was quite a discussion after this in the chat box and i thought i would throw it open to you guys. The chat went along the lines of it was obviously a big pocket pair by the pre flop betting. I called the pre flop betting not only to see the flop but i had noted to myself that i had been folding to a few 3-bets previously and didnt want to seem weak. When the flop comes i have to go with it dont i? One for the telly maybe.

Anyway, as usual, rip it to bits. Thanks.

Hand History #372491178 (23:15 16/05/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
beeasyonme Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £8.51
NELLYBEN Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £5.09
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

bogavill21 Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £6.35
DrSharp Raise  £0.40 £0.76 £9.05
sex_kitten Fold     
SALSACITY Fold     
beeasyonme Fold     
NELLYBEN Fold     
bogavill21 Raise  £0.80 £1.56 £5.55
DrSharp Call  £0.64 £2.20 £8.41
Flop

• J
  • J
  • Q

bogavill21 Check     
DrSharp Bet  £1.00 £3.20 £7.41
bogavill21 Call  £1.00 £4.20 £4.55
Turn

bogavill21 Check     
DrSharp Check     
River

• K

bogavill21 All-in  £4.55 £8.75 £0.00
DrSharp Call  £4.55 £13.30 £2.86
bogavill21 Show
  • Q
  • Q

DrSharp Show
  • A
  • J

bogavill21 Win Full House, Queens and Jacks £12.30  £12.30

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Don't call his 4bet pre unless hes a total tard
  • edited May 2011
    Flat pre

If you want to 3bet make it bigger

Fold to 4bet

lol at bond film syle flop, if it was 3 way the 3rd guy would deffo have Ahkh
  • edited May 2011
    really dislike the 3bet preflop, infact i think you should probably just fold unless he is overly aggressive but you say you havent got involved with him yet so he probably isnt.

• edited May 2011
    I wouldn't fold to the initial raise, but I'd definitely flat. You have position on him down the streets. The 4bet is a tad worrying, and I might be tempted to fold to that. Even if you flop an ace, you're not sure you like it.

After that, there's not much you can do really. Although... I think perhaps you can get away from the river. Sure, you have a straight now- but it's a paired, flushing board. I think the overbet is the nuts more often than it's a bluff, and whether it's a house or a flush- it's got you crushed. The way the betting's gone, it's not even inconceivable he has a royal here, and is going for maximum value.
  • edited May 2011
    Just flat in position pre
    might have ended the aame anyway by the way he played it, slow, slow , SHOVE !!
    Maybe you could fold river, only really beating a bluff or splitting with AK gone mental :s