You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Late Registration

edited June 2011 in Sky Poker Tournaments
every1 complains that the Gurantee's are always going down tounaments are dissappearing cos theres too much overlay and sky withdraws them, now ive played at 1 time or another on near enough all the sites worth playing on, and on ALL of them, the only way they reach their GTD quota is by having Late-registration (either up to 2-3rd blind level/or an hour after it starts), they almost NEVER reach it by the time the MTT starts!

this is the ONLY way to 'grow' MTT's to get bigger tourneys and bigger GTD's

i dont know why it works (why cant ppl register before it starts) but it just does...

Sky has a habit if introducing new MTT's  then 4-5 weeks later lowering the GTD or scrapping them completely

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I voted yes but i've just reread your post and noticed that you said 2/3 rd blind level or an hour after the start. An hour after the start is too generous by half! Every computer does have a clock you know! Assume an average blind level of 10 minutes I would say 2 levels is generous enough and half an hour max. Still a good idea though.
    Resizable tables would please me even more though as I hate the minview.
  • edited May 2011
    dont think its worth it, you only start with 2000 chips in most of tournys on here, by the time ur in level 4 (50/100) you only have 20bbs
  • edited May 2011
    I personally hate late reg tournaments.

You end up registering early, start playing and then next time you look an hour later there's 3 times as many people playing.

Not good when you don't want to be playing until 7am.

• edited May 2011
    Hi,

I voted yes simply because this is a great way to reach the guarantee.

Furthermore I have trouble to register for a tourney hours before it starts: I want to know how many are getting paid. When I see a tourney starting in 5 minutes with only 6 people registered, should I assume only the top two spots will get paid ? In which case I don't feel confident to play as I'm unlikely to reach the paying places.

So, yes, allow late registration for say 3 blinds levels and up to a maximum of 50% of the already registered people. So if there are 100 registered for a tourney, we can have a maximum of 50 late registrations and only during the first 30 minutes or so.

Regards,

Max
  • edited May 2011
    I think yes, i would suggest stop level 3 of regular tourneys and the slower structures stop around level 5-6

I think the added bonus of getting more players in is good, fwiw i would still buy in initially because thats my style but some people prefer to sit out early on or think its pointless. Those people im sure will play more if we allowed late registration too

Nice idea Sikas
  • edited May 2011
    i play late reg on another site. sometimes its useful (late back from town) but mostly it annoys me when people just come in for 10BB after an hour double up first hand and then shove over every raise u make.

TILT.COM
  • edited June 2011

definate - YES

as you say late reg for 2 levels is fair enough - and for the bigger major sky tourneys could do it for a bit longer. dont think anyones complains over bigger prize pools least of af all sky who have a better chance of hitting guarantees etc
  • edited June 2011
    The thing with Late Registration is you can log in, look at tournaments just started and start playing immediately - as opposed to whats coming up and waiting a few mins.

Certainly on other sites the number starting is often way lower than the eventual entries which would certainly help with the guarantees
  • edited June 2011
    come on sky lets do it!