You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Payout Structures

£11 bounty hunter 113 runners

PositionPrize Awarded  1st£152.55 + 50 League Points2nd£88.70 + 46 League Points3rd£62.15 + 38 League Points4th£50.85 + 32 League Points5th£41.24 + 28 League Points6th£33.90 + 24 League Points7th£28.25 + 20 League Points8th£22.60 + 16 League Points9th£16.95 + 12 League Points10th£11.30 + 8 League Points11th£5.65 + 4 League Points12th£5.65 + 4 League Points13th£5.65 + 4 League Points14th£5.65 + 4 League Points15th£5.65 + 4 League Points16th£5.65 + 4 League Points17th£5.65 + 4 League Points18th£5.65 + 4 League Points19th£5.65 + 4 League Points20th£5.65 + 4 League Points

11-20th getting half the buy in is srsly so awful, make it top 15 get paid at most so you atleast get ur buyin bk

Comments

• edited May 2011

Hi - this is because it is a Bounty Hunter tournament.

Don't forget that there is twice the amount shown here in prizes (the other half being bounties)

Thanks
    Sky Poker Team
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Payout Structures:
    Hi - this is because it is a Bounty Hunter tournament. Don't forget that there is twice the amount shown here in prizes (the other half being bounties) Thanks Sky Poker Team
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Yeah i know, its still awful
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Payout Structures : Yeah i know, its still awful
    Posted by CrazyBen23

People will generally end up in profit with the bounties they have earned (as will some people who don't actually 'cash'). What would you suggest?

If people support this, we'll certainly look at changing.
  • edited May 2011

What do other people think please?

It's always a balance between paying more people less or paying less people more (especially in Bounty Hunters where half the prizes are bounties).
  • edited May 2011
    I think theres a case for using different payout structures for different tournys (as always, people can't complain if they have a choice)

I think buy ins of £10 and over, should have less places paid.

For the lower £1/2/3 buy in tournaments, full mainly of beginners, paying more places (the current structure) is fine.

There are exceptions to both, like beginners who sat into big events etc etc, but on the whole, we really need to look at making sure a cash is significant.

To do that you could maybe even take some away from the winner, runner up, and third, pay a few less places, and squeeze the pay outs abit.

For a 100 BH with 101 runners, pay 15, take 2% off 1st 2nd 3rd, and squeeze it abit.

Im just guessing, why not post 3/4/5 alternative structures for a hypothetical event and run a poll on what players would prefer?

• edited May 2011
    we really need to look at making sure a cash is significant.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This is my main point, cashing for half of the buy in is pointless even though people will probably make money from bounties.