You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My Exit Hand in Mini Event MTT

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi All,

Like ive said before I dont really play alot of MTTs, however I think I will deffo do the Mini from now on once a week.

I seem to do fairly well getting past the bubble with a fairly decent stack size. I have Played 4 MTTs in 2 weeks, got past bubble in 3, crashed out just before in 1, due to outrageously bad play by me - I know its not a good sample size but the following probleme remains.

That problem being I dont really know how to play with a medium stack when the blinds are so big. in The following exit hand the Chip leader (and he/she was huge - had 100% more chips than anyoneelse in tourney) was gobbling up chips everywhere, calling raises and pushing people off the flop with big raises.

So after the raise, I feel like I cant reraise as it would put almost half my stack on the line - so would be shoving flop regardless, and with a flat call, im gonna get out played on the flop if i miss, taking 20% or so......I wouldnt mind a fold from CL here and just getting her chips they have raised with, and my hands pretty solid so if he/she calls an AIPF, ive got a good chance of a double up. As you can see it didnt play out that way - not bothered about the result, just want to know how I should play when in this position.....I finished 30th, which is quite respectable for me!!!
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
tapeworm Big blind  1200.00 1200.00 22650.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

Barbano_ Raise  6000.00 7200.00 94736.75
SLINKY459 Fold     
LowStax Fold     
bigdwarf Fold     
tapeworm All-in  22650.00 29850.00 0.00
Barbano_ Call  17850.00 47700.00 76886.75
tapeworm Show