You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How To Play 2 5 Diamonds late on in Tournement

edited December 2011 in Area 51

Well, i have seen some plays,but this one was beautiful,it involved the great hand 25 suited(diamonds) and with approximately 30 BB and 16 players left,i saw a well respected player ,lose 2/3 of his stack ,(at 4 th out of 16).with an all in river push...called by the 2nd nut flush...

Comments

• edited May 2011
    any chance you can lay the hand out better bud?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How To Play 2 5 Diamonds late on in Tournement:
    any chance you can lay the hand out better bud?
    Posted by AMYBR

well i would but i wasnt actually playing at the table,maybe some other reg. could help me out..
  • edited May 2011
    I'm sure Dohhh will have an opinion.
  • edited May 2011
    Was it me?

I spewed off to the 2nd nut flush last night deep in a tourny, my hand was irrelevant though.

Can't remember

edit - just checked hand history, it was me !!!!

Lol. 

Yeh my hand is totally irrelevant, might as well have had "2 napkins" I think is the term the pros use.

I'm aggressive late on in tournys, I'd built a stack by stealing pots left right and centre. 

One of those scenarios where I was representing exactly what the other guy had. Nh! 

Got sucked out on a few hands later AJ v A5 all in pre flop, would have been back in the game with a nice open shove/re-shoving stack, using my fold equity to build up again, but wasn't to be.

Was in as a freebie anyway, and 45 quid from an mtt is more than I've won in mtt's combined for 6 weeks.

Next time DJ!!! Next time.........
  • edited May 2011

This is what happens when low stake cash players attempt to play MTT's!

Stick to what you know best. Then again, keep trying the tournies so us regular MTT pro's can have a few more cash donks spewing off! 
  • edited May 2011
    haha I only play them when I get entered for free mate, don't worry !!
  • edited May 2011
    2.12 on this video dohhhh v meeee.

worth a watch.

http://www.pokertube.com/ExtPlayer.aspx?movieId=17465

P.S. this will lead to a different site but is a direct link to the video and will not take you onto the other site. would put it on utube but i cant put 20 min vids on utube.
  • edited May 2011
    haha I only play them when I get entered for free mate, don't worry !!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

So what did u win to get into that one then?

oooh and be a pal and post the hh for me..:)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How To Play 2 5 Diamonds late on in Tournement : So what did u win to get into that one then? oooh and be a pal and post the hh for me..:)
    Posted by djblacke04
    Noooooooo, I wanna erase it from the memory bank !!

I got it for the post I did on nl4 in the clinic, not sure it deserved a tourny entry but it would be -ev to turn it down.
  • edited May 2011

I could post my exit hand and cry about the chip leader always winning no matter how crushed they are, that would be more apropriate for this area of the forum.

Will do later, I.exp doesn't work on this lappy
  • edited May 2011

Being able to make a big move with air that puts your opponent under severe pressure for most of his stack and putting him in a position where he can only call with a nut type hand is a powerful tool. Your actual hole cards aren't that relevant. Guys who can when big pots both when they do and when they don't have it will have more success than those who can only win big pots when they do have it.

Moves like this can make you look like a total idiot when you do run into the nuts, but they can also make you look like a genius when you get them through against hands against which you're drawing dead. Dohhhhhh is the sort of guy who plays to win a tournament with no fear of busting, that's a winning strategy over time, I'm sure he'd have been playing close attention to the table dynamics and picked his spot well before getting it in in this case.

• edited May 2011
    Being able to make a big move with air that puts your opponent under severe pressure for most of his stack and putting him in a position where he can only call with a nut type hand is a powerful tool. Your actual hole cards aren't that relevant. Guys who can when big pots both when they do and when they don't have it will have more success than those who can only win big pots when they do have it. Moves like this can make you look like a total idiot when you do run into the nuts, but they can also make you look like a genius when you get them through against hands against which you're drawing dead. Dohhhhhh is the sort of guy who plays to win a tournament with no fear of busting, that's a winning strategy over time, I'm sure he'd have been playing close attention to the table dynamics and picked his spot well before getting it in in this case.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

as far as im aware, he has never won a proper tournement..:)..

• edited May 2011

I think he once had a min cash in the 2.20 @ 2.20 TBF. :)
  • edited May 2011
    Being able to make a big move with air that puts your opponent under severe pressure for most of his stack and putting him in a position where he can only call with a nut type hand is a powerful tool. Your actual hole cards aren't that relevant. Guys who can when big pots both when they do and when they don't have it will have more success than those who can only win big pots when they do have it. Moves like this can make you look like a total idiot when you do run into the nuts, but they can also make you look like a genius when you get them through against hands against which you're drawing dead. Dohhhhhh is the sort of guy who plays to win a tournament with no fear of busting, that's a winning strategy over time, I'm sure he'd have been playing close attention to the table dynamics and picked his spot well before getting it in in this case.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Lolz,it must be pretty dark that far up dohhhhs a**e.
  • edited May 2011
    im sure he won the first £220 tourney,i know hes won one biggie
  • edited May 2011

My bigges online cashes are.....

£2.200 for 2nd/50

$2,100 for 3rd/700

$1,800 for 2nd/500

So you're right, I've never won a big online tournament. 

Always fall at the final hurdle......

Ironically I'm a winning HU sng player too. Go figure ! ;)

-------------------------------

An alternative way of looking at it, is that if you take out my 2.2k win on sky, my next highest bink is around £300, and all the rest are smaller cashes.

Proves my consistant/steep mtt graph is no fluke, unlike some other players on here......

Just a thought ;)

Pretty consistant right? if not spectacular. You don't get a graph like that playng 52dd.

Or maybe you do.......

• edited May 2011
    Posted by GaryQQQ

wd gary
  • edited May 2011
    My bigges online cashes are..... £2.200 for 2nd/50 $2,100 for 3rd/700 $1,800 for 2nd/500 So you're right, I've never won a big online tournament.  Always fall at the final hurdle...... Ironically I'm a winning HU sng player too. Go figure ! ;) ------------------------------- An alternative way of looking at it, is that if you take out my 2.2k win on sky, my next highest bink is around £300, and all the rest are smaller cashes. Proves my consistant/steep mtt graph is no fluke, unlike some other players on here...... Just a thought ;)http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/fora51xx.png/ Pretty consistant right? if not spectacular. You don't get a graph like that playng 52dd. Or maybe you do.......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

wonder what it would be like if you never made another post...:)

ps...you seen to be having a bit of negative variance at the mo....
  • edited May 2011
    Yeh I've been talking about my downswing all month.

$500 down since my last score.....

2x 55 primos were free, and 1 x 33 BH, and a couple of TSP classics - so I guess that accounts for about $200 of it, but still $300 of my own money is the worst tourny downswing I've ever had.

Standard tho.

Tabled 3x £100+ sessions the last 3 times I've played cash to stop the rot, but I'll be glad to see the back of May!!!!!
  • edited May 2011
    Yeh I've been talking about my downswing all month. $500 down since my last score..... 2x 55 primos were free, and 1 x 33 BH, and a couple of TSP classics - so I guess that accounts for about $200 of it, but still $300 of my own money is the worst tourny downswing I've ever had. Standard tho. Tabled 3x £100+ sessions the last 3 times I've played cash to stop the rot, but I'll be glad to see the back of May!!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

you certainly get your fair share of freebies...

lol....:)

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How To Play 2 5 Diamonds late on in Tournement : you certainly get your fair share of freebies... lol....:)
    Posted by djblacke04
    They don't dish freebies out in Area 51, I wonder why lol? If they did you and Elsadog would get loads.

If you post regularly in other parts of the forum they're quite often dishing stuff out for various things. I was given a TSP classic seat for predicting a football score on Saturday.
  • edited May 2011
    2X primos was for the "3 tips" competition, the prize was an SPT seat which I swapped for 2 primos.

The BH seat was won on twitter, all I had to do was "re-tweet" @skypoker.

And the 2 TSP classics, 1 was won for predicting how many runners would play the TK @ 10 thing.

And the other was for a reply to the "live show thread".....won another one of those last night too for my questions to "Jackkkko"

Haven't cashed in any of those ^^^ though, lol. 

• edited May 2011
    2X primos was for the "3 tips" competition, the prize was an SPT seat which I swapped for 2 primos. The BH seat was won on twitter, all I had to do was "re-tweet" @skypoker. And the 2 TSP classics, 1 was won for predicting how many runners would play the TK @ 10 thing. And the other was for a reply to the "live show thread".....won another one of those last night too for my questions to "Jackkkko" Haven't cashed in any of those ^^^ though, lol. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Anyone would think you were a Mod with all those free entries:))
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How To Play 2 5 Diamonds late on in Tournement : Anyone would think you were a Mod with all those free entries:))
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    did he get a free SPT seat as well?

and even tho, we sit on opposite sides of the fence,we are more like neighbours,whereas mods seem to be more like the council...

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How To Play 2 5 Diamonds late on in Tournement : did he get a free SPT seat as well? and even tho, we sit on opposite sides of the fence,we are more like neighbours,whereas mods seem to be more like the council...bin watchers.
    Posted by djblacke04
     FYP
  • edited May 2011
    Fortunately the only garbage I have to deal with is reading the posts in Area 51:)
  • edited May 2011
    Fortunately the only garbage I have to deal with is reading the posts in Area 51:)
    Posted by Kiwini4u

Hmmm no one asked you to make a comment,so why make a degradeing comment?

go and be a MOD and MODERATE instead of AGGRAVATE...or what was it last time.....hmmm...do we have to go there ?

here a thought ....think dont post......as it always seems to come out wrong( probably because you are not funny)...:)

and your avatar seems.....Muttley, a mixed breed dog (identified by the race announcer/narrator in the segment "Dash to Delaware" as a bloodhound, pointer and hunting dog after the Mean Machine had somehow gotten lost), first appeared in W£cky Races in 1968,[3] as the sidekick of a nasty but incompetent and horribly accident-prone villain Di£k Dastardly

i do like that...:)

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How To Play 2 5 Diamonds late on in Tournement : Hmmm no one asked you to make a comment,so why make a degradeing comment? go and be a MOD and MODERATE instead of AGGRAVATE...or what was it last time.....hmmm...do we have to go there ? here a thought ....think dont post......as it always seems to come out wrong( probably because you are not funny)...:)
    Posted by djblacke04
    No need for this dude, a jokes a joke, but cmon he's a nice guy doing what's asked of him.

Anyway, instead of 40+ posts b  itching between conspiracy theorists, and mods, how about this becomes a thread dedicated to 2 5 of diamonds.

I'm gonna win some big pots with that hand tonight if it kills me

(and probably lose a fortune too)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How To Play 2 5 Diamonds late on in Tournement : No need for this dude, a jokes a joke, but cmon he's a nice guy doing what's asked of him. Anyway, instead of 40+ posts b  itching between conspiracy theorists, and mods, how about this becomes a thread dedicated to 2 5 of diamonds. I'm gonna win some big pots with that hand tonight if it kills me (and probably lose a fortune too)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

ok i like that, but anyway no one asked him and he was not exactly constructive...:)...

i might even come on for a few games just to see if i can 25 diamonds anyone, we should change it to winning with 25...and for a bonus make it 25 diamonds...

biggest pot wins...ok..
  • edited May 2011

2d5d is the new nuts, as demonstrated by this 27BB open shove HU (made in honour of this thread);

PokerStars Game #62467621927: Tournament #397455664, $6.85+$0.15 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2011/05/23 18:52:23 WET [2011/05/23 13:52:23 ET]
    Table '397455664 1' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: JohnnyNp1 (460 in chips)
    Seat 2: GaryQQQ (540 in chips)
    GaryQQQ: posts small blind 10
    JohnnyNp1: posts big blind 20
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to GaryQQQ [2d 5d]
    GaryQQQ: raises 520 to 540 and is all-in
    JohnnyNp1: folds
    Uncalled bet (520) returned to GaryQQQ
    GaryQQQ collected 40 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 40 | Rake 0
    Seat 1: JohnnyNp1 (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 2: GaryQQQ (button) (small blind) collected (40)