You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 hands in a row. Think first one leads to rash desision in the 2nd one. (NL4)

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Ok as these are 2 sucsessive hands, obviously the first one has a huge impact on the second one. However maybe im overthinking here, But in the first one we can see our villian limp calls pre. The check calls T2P down to where i river a better 2 pair.

Now however in the second one he shoves. Now this could be tilt. Which is what i thought at the time. However in the first one he had a pretty big hand (post flop) but never raised once. Where as the second one hes shoving. Should i have taken this into consideration before i made my desision?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
vSmall blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.05
The_Don90 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.96
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

carrotttop Fold     
Yosemite Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.57
stoneyb515 Fold     
chaddyend Fold     
vCall  £0.02 £0.12 £6.03
The_Don90 Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £3.72
Yosemite Fold     
vCall  £0.24 £0.60 £5.79
Flop

• Q

vCheck     
The_Don90 Bet  £0.45 £1.05 £3.27
vCall  £0.45 £1.50 £5.34
Turn

vCheck     
The_Don90 Bet  £1.13 £2.63 £2.14
vCall  £1.13 £3.76 £4.21
River

• K

vCheck     
The_Don90 All-in  £2.14 £5.90 £0.00
vCall  £2.14 £8.04 £2.07
vShow
  • Q

The_Don90 Show
  • K
  • Q

The_Don90 Win Two Pairs, Kings and Queens £7.43  £7.43
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £7.41
carrotttop Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.50
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

Yosemite Fold     
stoneyb515 Fold     
chaddyend Fold     
vAll-in  £2.07 £2.13 £0.00
The_Don90 Call  £2.05 £4.18 £5.36
carrotttop Fold     
The_Don90 Show
  • A
  • Q

vShow
  • K
  • K

Flop

Turn

River

vWin Pair of Kings £3.86  £3.86
now usually id take this on the chin, but as it was two hands in a row its got me thinking, did i make a rash desision.

Opinions please.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Yeah tricky. 

Hand 1 I'm definately shutting it down on the river after being called on flop and turn, may even shut down turn as I dont like being called pre, then flop.  But could be so many hands the the value bet does seem the best shot at these levels,  He's calling you with the weaker Q for sure.  But I think I do check river to see what he does.

Hand 2.  Blind wise its a massive bet.  It seems like how a good player at those levels would be looking for value, but steam factor added in on your part its understandable.  He could easi;y be doing it with J's or less.  But he's showed he played the Q6 horrificly pre, why should you assume hes playing K's for value.  At those stakes, especially after the hand prior, I likely snap him off also.
  • edited May 2011
    No i'm not sure it was rash.
    just shows how difficult it can be to put someone at nl4 on a hand
    his range is wide (from the first hand) and it would be difficult to put him on Ks. you could easily have 2 overs to his small pocket pair or have him dominated with a weak ace. I've seen an allin shove pre with both.

no sure why he was in hand 1 but some people do like a suited picture card.
  • edited May 2011
    You mean fatal ;)

Hand 1 i play same against a random but you got lucky although would have been a cooler obv

hand 2 after seeing the previous hand i think you have to call, could look like a tilt shove and we have a big hand still especially for nl4, UL but i reckon he could still be shoving with worse eg. AJ/A10 or even a pair we're flipping with

PS shouldnt post results on second one
  • edited May 2011

Totally stand-hard. nh's
  • edited May 2011
    1. nh
    2. call/fold whatever, I prob call
  • edited May 2011
    standard play i guess

Don't know about you but I am seeing more and more open & 3 bet shoves with AA/KK 80-100 BB deep
    Getting my fingers burnt a bit ) May need to change how you approach this spot as I am finding my notes are playing a massive part in my next move.