You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL4 - Quick Question

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Recently moved to the cash tables and starting out at NL4 to build the bankroll, I'm often in a dilema when choosing what table to sit at...

When Choosing a table should i sit down at?

A table with most people sat down with £4 or around that so when i find a big hand i get payed the full? (They're usually decent players)

or

A table with People sat down like with £1.60?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    i would always buy in the max £4, and try and find players with similar amount of cash, if someone is sitting with £10 they might try bully ppl off pots.
  • edited May 2011
    The rule i have is to look for 5 players then pot size. This usually indicates theres aggression going on, big stacks and my big hands will get paid. I just often need to figure which player/s will pay me and get a hand v them,

last night NL4 table one guy with huge stack, average pot when i sat down was £7.85. Yeap i dont care wat sharks are on the table. Im in with that as long as i get it in good v the fish im happy.

So table selection at NL4 for me is. Pot size, stack size, is there a fish? if all these add up good then thats a table ill pick.

I also have 2 or 3 names who ill sit down with if the other 2 are no, because i know they pay me off anyways and they always sit with the max.
  • edited May 2011
    Just started back at NL4 and I tend to try and sit with 5 players who have at least £2-3 preferebly £4 as I don't want to spend an hour waiting for Aces to just win 20-40 BB's. Yes you can lose more but more often you will win if you play the correct way.

On the crazy £10+ stacks in general I stay clear of these tables as ther're often as Deuceslive puts it 'maniacs' and they're just horrible to play with raising all the time and making it hard to control the game.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 - Quick Question:
    i would always buy in the max £4, and try and find players with similar amount of cash, if someone is sitting with £10 they might try bully ppl off pots.
    Posted by Crunchybob
    If we're playing a solid strategy then people being over aggressive and "bullying" against us is a good thing. 

We're only going to be in pots when we have good hands, and we want to get the money in, so if he's willing to do this for us, it's a positive rather than a negative.

In Response to Re: NL4 - Quick Question:
    Yeap i dont care wat sharks are on the table. Im in with that as long as i get it in good v the fish im happy. So table selection at NL4 for me is. Pot size, stack size, is there a fish? if all these add up good then thats a table ill pick. I also have 2 or 3 names who ill sit down with if the other 2 are no, because i know they pay me off anyways and they always sit with the max.
    Posted by The_Don90
    There are no sharks at nl4.

There is always a fish, normally 6 of them on every table. That's why they're playing nl4.
  • edited May 2011

Full amount is best
    If you want to gamble a bit more than £1.60 is good

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 - Quick Question:
    In Response to Re: NL4 - Quick Question : If we're playing a solid strategy then people being over aggressive and "bullying" against us is a good thing.  We're only going to be in pots when we have good hands, and we want to get the money in, so if he's willing to do this for us, it's a positive rather than a negative. In Response to  Re: NL4 - Quick Question : There are no sharks at nl4. There is always a fish, normally 6 of them on every table. That's why they're playing nl4.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    sniff......that hurts my feelings.

Ok ok so im not a shark.......perch maybe? oh yeah.....thats a fish......ok I see what you mean.