You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

nl30, just a standard hand?

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic

I've included the results, because I'm not really looking at anything specific here, I just wanna know if these are just standard hands for me to stack off - re-assurance maybe.....

Firstly I hate my 3b size pre flop, I think it's too big....£3.90 or something would be better. But it was late, I was drunk, and probably playing too many tables for that time of night.

I made it bigger because it's multi way, and the villain will flat wider than he should.

I like my flop sizing, and turn is a mandatory stack off, given the stacks and the size of the pot......

Is it too soft of me to just accept that I'm going to double my opponent up in situations like this?

Am I kidding myself by concluding that I was "unlucky"?

He doesn't have to have a king once he calls the flop right? He can have 77-JJ. And even if he has a king, it's too late to do anything else but give him the last 6 quid?

I don't see anything in the hand that I could have done any different, I think I was just destined to lose?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
aliaz Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £25.85
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £96.57
rtc Big blind  £0.30 £0.75 £33.33
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

alfarch30 Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £15.64
rtc Fold     
pryce6 Fold     
aliaz Call  £1.05 £3.00 £24.80
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £4.50 £7.50 £92.07
alfarch30 Call  £3.60 £11.10 £12.04
aliaz Fold     
Flop

• K

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £5.63 £16.73 £86.44
alfarch30 Call  £5.63 £22.36 £6.41
Turn

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £11.26 £33.62 £75.18
alfarch30 All-in  £6.41 £40.03 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £4.85 £35.18 £80.03
DOHHHHHHH Show
  • Q
  • Q

alfarch30 Show
  • K

River

alfarch30 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 6s £33.56  £33.56

Comments

• edited May 2011
    due to the villains stack i think it is standard, he's obviously clueless aswell calling your 3b there lol
  • edited May 2011
    Due to the fishs stack size and the fact he opened i might even raise bigger pre, then shove flop, your prolly being results orinentated to say it was too much
  • edited May 2011
    I like the bet sizes.  I'-m likely to set him in on the flop with his stack size or check fold. He asnt got enough left to even think about shutting it down on the turn.
  • edited May 2011
    If I shove the flop surely I only allow hands that beat me to call? I fold out all his pocket pairs which he would probably call flop & turn bets with?

He calls a flop shove with Kx and folds everything else?

Miles ahead or miles behind I think, and if I am ahead, I don't need to protect against anything, maybe a loose Ace x....
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: nl30, just a standard hand?:
    If I shove the flop surely I only allow hands that beat me to call? I fold out all his pocket pairs which he would probably call flop & turn bets with? He calls a flop shove with Kx and folds everything else? Miles ahead or miles behind I think, and if I am ahead, I don't need to protect against anything, maybe a loose Ace x....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If u raise more pre his stack is less than pot so its easier to shove, and if he's stupid enough to call with k8 pre he'll call with pps on flop wen u shove
  • edited May 2011
    This is true, but once you bet the flop, your not folding anyway, for the £6.41 behind.  So you may aswell exert maximum pressure, potentially causing a weaker K to fold..potentially.  Once you've taken the line on the flop its going in anyway, may aswell just play for stacks when deciding to c-bet, if your not letting the K concern you
  • edited May 2011

I don't think he ever folds Kx on a K high board in a 3 bet pot when playing 50xbb's

Theyre bad at 30nl, but not that bad !!!

I don't wanna turn my hand into a bluff, because I can't possibly fold out anything that beats me.

I can make it easier for him to call with worse by betting weaker though. And I'm going with it anyway, so I might as well let him stack off with a wider range of hands. 

I can't 3b bigger pre surely, it's already huge.....
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: nl30, just a standard hand?:
    I don't think he ever folds Kx on a K high board in a 3 bet pot when playing 50xbb's Theyre bad at 30nl, but not that bad !!! I don't wanna turn my hand into a bluff, because I can't possibly fold out anything that beats me. I can make it easier for him to call with worse by betting weaker though. And I'm going with it anyway, so I might as well let him stack off with a wider range of hands.  I can't 3b bigger pre surely, it's already huge.....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Think the 3bet pre size is fine.

I dont think he-ll fold either.  But as you say, neither are you.  So if your not folding you do exert maximum pressure on villain here.  Some players will fold, whether they be in the minority or not.  The second you c-bet you tie yourself to the hand for stacks.  So it might as well just go in on flop, if that is the line your taking.  You have no intention of c-folding, c/c or c/r so there's little point in setting him half in.

TBH if I'm 3 bet strong pre, I'm not loving my K8 here if I get jammed on.  Not saying I'm folding , but the jam would give me pause for thought against a solid player.
  • edited May 2011
    shoving flop isnt that bad here, its only a psb, he doesnt fold any pair and goes nuts with Ax sometimes. If you think he likely shoves air to a small cet then b/c
  • edited May 2011