You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLEASE CRITIC ME THIS HAND WAS HORRIBLE

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Literally just joined the table and had no reads. Limped round to me with AK suited, i personally hate the type of hand as i make a decent size raise and am called in 2 spots. Here i give them no respect for a legit hand. BUT this is my downfall when i cath this flop in this situation did i do anything wrong which could of avoided me going broke. Please explain how you may of played this as when they flipped their hands other i was shocked. fEEL FREE TO GO OVERBOARD ON MY PLAY. bEEN MAKING A SOLID £200 A WEEK FROM 10p 20p but never been more annoyed than this for a hand.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Knowlez Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £40.54
danrouse06 Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £12.16
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

Darboy Call  £0.40 £1.00 £19.36
Darkforce Fold     
venal Call  £0.40 £1.40 £92.19
Knowlez Raise  £2.00 £3.40 £38.54
danrouse06 Fold     
Darboy Call  £1.80 £5.20 £17.56
venal Call  £1.80 £7.00 £90.39
Flop

• J
  • K

Knowlez Bet  £4.00 £11.00 £34.54
Darboy Raise  £8.00 £19.00 £9.56
venal Call  £8.00 £27.00 £82.39
Knowlez Raise  £19.50 £46.50 £15.04
Darboy All-in  £9.56 £56.06 £0.00
venal Call  £15.50 £71.56 £66.89
Turn

Knowlez All-in  £15.04 £86.60 £0.00
venal Call  £15.04 £101.64 £51.85
Knowlez Show
  • K
  • A

Darboy Show
  • J
  • J

venal Show
  • A

River

venal Win Straight to the 5 £99.84  £151.69

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I think I make it 2.8 pre but you cant kick yourself here, the J's are played very deceptively.  You 3 bet as i would definately do, as the min raise to 8 is a worry, but its just as easily 10Q or two spades.  Could be a lot of draws and you at least ask the question.  You go to the turn with the xtra layer of info.  But equally he more than prices you in to improve.  All the other equity hands out there, its very hard to put him on a high min bet set. 

But stack sizes being what they are, your never really getting away.

I think you could raise slightly more pre, but after the flop, the best in the world lose just as you do. Given that the board is so wet, you're as likely drawing against somebody happy to get it in with 10Q or two spades than the set, the pot being what it is.

The guy making it up to £8 behind is the worry, but you at least ask the question.  Problem is, stackwise, you cant fold once you've asked the question.

I like how the hand plays, he plays the J's decptively, makes his set, I dont think theres much else you can do there bud.  Despite the result, I think you played the hand very very well
  • edited May 2011

readless its tough, against limpcallers i get it in. Only really worried about KJ,44

• edited May 2011
    This is rather rank, i hate ak oop, the person limping with JJ dosen't deserve to play poker
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks for your thought as they have helped me not realise it was all terrible but i agree crazyben AK oop is so frustrating at low stakes espescially as when the 3bet 4 bet etc they usually have youi beat or at best racing wilst higher up they seem to do this with more garbage.

I also did not like the limp with jacks it frustated me 
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: PLEASE CRITIC ME THIS HAND WAS HORRIBLE:
    Thanks for your thought as they have helped me not realise it was all terrible but i agree crazyben AK oop is so frustrating at low stakes espescially as when the 3bet 4 bet etc they usually have youi beat or at best racing wilst higher up they seem to do this with more garbage. I also did not like the limp with jacks it frustated me 
    Posted by Knowlez

The over limp is awful.  Chances are he was hoping to 3 bet allin from action behind i guess, might be what I'd do at a spewy table.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: PLEASE CRITIC ME THIS HAND WAS HORRIBLE:
    This is rather rank, i hate ak oop, the person limping with JJ dosen't deserve to play poker
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    Tell it how it is ben lol