You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Im a genius

looking through last nights hand history looking for positives, and this cropped up.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
corey999 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.37
summoner Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £7.04
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

The_Don90 Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £8.79
13Silly Call  £0.20 £0.46 £3.74
stalkyroy Fold     
corey999 Fold     
summoner Call  £0.16 £0.62 £6.88
Flop

• J
  • K
  • J

summoner Check     
The_Don90 Bet  £0.47 £1.09 £8.32
13Silly Fold     
summoner Call  £0.47 £1.56 £6.41
Turn

summoner Check     
The_Don90 Check     
River

summoner Check     
The_Don90 Check     
summoner Show
  • J
  • Q

The_Don90 Muck
  • A
  • A

summoner Win Three Jacks £1.44  £7.85

I lose the min :)

Gota take some positives sometimes.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Im a genius:

HI Don,

Was wondering, why did you check T&R? 

Pad
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Im a genius:
    In Response to Im a genius : HI Don, Was wondering, why did you check T&R?  Pad
    Posted by Glenelg
    When he calls the flop he has one of 3 things.

a) another pocket pair

b) a jack

c) a king

by how long the guy used the timer bar to call on the flop i guessed he has a jack. Id have called a thin value bet on river,
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Im a genius : When he calls the flop he has one of 3 things. a) another pocket pair b) a jack c) a king by how long the guy used the timer bar to call on the flop i guessed he has a jack. Id have called a thin value bet on river,
    Posted by The_Don90
    Thanks.  Always learning!

P
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Im a genius : Thanks.  Always learning! P
    Posted by Glenelg
    no probs mate. What levels do you play, may come watch you one day when im not grinding (likley soon as seen to have hit a downswing)
  • edited May 2011
    tbh don don't like it, the turn check is good for pot control, definitely approve of that. But I totally think you should be betting that river. I know there might be a slight tell with timer bar, but realistically- he shows up with random kings LOADS and pays you off, far more than he turns up with jacks. The whole hand was so passive that he will pay you off with a lot worse than a king IMO, most pocket pairs he'll probably be tempted to pay you off.

Anyway, wd on not losing much with AA. ^^
  • edited May 2011
    tbh don don't like it, the turn check is good for pot control, definitely approve of that. But I totally think you should be betting that river. I know there might be a slight tell with timer bar, but realistically- he shows up with random kings LOADS and pays you off, far more than he turns up with jacks. The whole hand was so passive that he will pay you off with a lot worse than a king IMO, most pocket pairs he'll probably be tempted to pay you off. Anyway, wd on not losing much with AA. ^^
    Posted by DeucesLive
    didnt like it myself but ive always stuck by my reads, right or wrong. And in this instance i believed i was beat and was right. Maybe i should have bet turn or river but with my read i felt it was -EV. Problably is serious -EV as u say the way i play it. Only reason i got the tell is it was exactly the same way id have played it 18 months ago.

Anyways ty for comments. Valued :)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Im a genius : no probs mate. What levels do you play, may come watch you one day when im not grinding (likley soon as seen to have hit a downswing)
    Posted by The_Don90
    Just started so usually £1.15/2.20/3.30 DYM's.