You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rebuy Tournaments

edited August 2011 in Sky Poker Tournaments
I have just joined Sky Poker and I like to play tournaments, especially rebuys. However, I just noticed that Sky Poker is charging a rake on the rebuys. Am I the only one who thinks this is an absolute disgrace? I know of NOWHERE that charges a rake on rebuy tourneys apart from the initial buy in. Having said that, I have only just arrived on the site so maybe I have the wrong end of the stick here but it really does look ugly. Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but I haven't trawled through the threads yet.

If this is constant throughout all the rebuy tourneys then my stay at Sky Poker will be very brief. I can't believe that Sky are that greedy that they want to charge multiple rakes on a tournament and it would be nice to get other peoples' views concerning this, especially from Mods and/or Admin.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I rarely play rebuy tournies and hadn't noticed this but I certainly wouldn't like to pay rake into a tourney more than once.
    You certainly wouldn't get away with it at a live game.
  • edited June 2011

yeah its an absolute disgrace - da judge same as you the rake for a rebuy was my 1st post on the forum aswell i couldnt belive it either!!!!!!!

they go on about the community here - the first thing the community should do is get 2gther and refuse to play rebuys because of this until they change it!!!!!!
  • edited June 2011
    Yes, this has been discussed many times before. Obviously the players agree unanimously and this is probably the main reason why most rebuy tournaments here attract tiny fields. I prefer to play rebuys on other sites, I expect many other players do too.

Small stakes rebuy bounty hunter tournaments were tried recently, there was a heftly 15% rake charged on the rebuys and add-ons as well as the entry fee. Unsurprisingly they were a complete disaster and scrapped after only 1 day.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Rebuy Tournaments:
    Yes, this has been discussed many times before. Obviously the players agree unanimously and this is probably the main reason why most rebuy tournaments here attract tiny fields. I prefer to play rebuys on other sites, I expect many other players do too. Small stakes rebuy bounty hunter tournaments were tried recently, there was a heftly 15% rake charged on the rebuys and add-ons as well as the entry fee. Unsurprisingly they were a complete disaster and scrapped after only 1 day.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

pity that i played rebuy bounty hunters on another site - made for some big bounty prizes!!!!!!!

• edited July 2011
    i hate rebuys at the best of times..... but to be charged rake more than once for a tournament shouldn't be allowed.

you are charged rake initially for the running of said tourney so to have to pay twice, thrice or 4 times depending on if you can rebuy/add on up that many lol.

but normally it'd be say 5.50 then 5 per rebuy/add on... charging 5.50 each time you rebuy/add on is pretty bad tbh.
  • edited August 2011
    i FULLY agree - rake on rebuys a no-no - costs exactly the safe for the site to run as a non-rebuy SORT IT PLZ SKYPOKER (from a new player ;)
  • edited August 2011
    Been discussed many times on here. Very disappointing that Sky have never given an official response. The attitude seems to be...if you dont like it,dont play.