You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Played well or like a donkey

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Opinions on this hand.

Opponent is fairly TAG, and one of the better NL4 regs. Usually try to avoid them but this table had best value.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
flipside07 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.53
kissmyfins Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.45
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

cougar26 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £10.03
D_Chivers Raise  £0.20 £0.30 £4.00
steve_87 Fold     
The_Don90 Call  £0.20 £0.50 £3.66
flipside07 Fold     
kissmyfins Fold     
cougar26 Fold     
Flop

D_Chivers Bet  £0.38 £0.88 £3.62
The_Don90 Raise  £1.33 £2.21 £2.33
D_Chivers All-in  £3.62 £5.83 £0.00
The_Don90 All-in  £2.33 £8.16 £0.00
D_Chivers Unmatched bet  £0.34 £7.82 £0.34
D_Chivers Show
  • Q
  • Q

The_Don90 Show
  • J
  • K

Turn

• Q

River

The_Don90 Win Straight to the King £7.23  £7.23

Comments

• edited May 2011

I'm not sure about the raise on the flop, you cant fold once you've put it in, but given the intrinsic value of your hand why would you want to?

Nice brag hand :p

• edited May 2011
    Personally if I have notes that they're a descent player/reg than I'm snap folding KJ preflop. If they know how the game works they're probably opening with a better than that, AK/KQ/AJ all that dominate you and of course JJ/QQ/KK/AA which also crush you.

Yes it's tight but I think it's the correct option and just saves you any hassle when you get a J high flop facing a shove on the flop against a good player.
  • edited May 2011
    Nice hand. you had alot of outs any diamond or queen, on another day it could of gone differently and lost all the money lol. question for you, would you of folded the handed if he raised more? how much more? obv ino its micro stakes so the money isnt a great deal, but just wondering.
  • edited May 2011
    I told you you run too good :P

Flop pre, after flop we have to get it in we have too many outs
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Played well or like a donkey:
    Nice hand. you had alot of outs any diamond or queen, on another day it could of gone differently and lost all the money lol. question for you, would you of folded the handed if he raised more? how much more? obv ino its micro stakes so the money isnt a great deal, but just wondering.
    Posted by Crunchybob

Pre Flop i think if i raise more i think he should fold, but i think once that flop comes, its about as good as flop as you want if you miss so i dont think he can flolf, he was 50 / 50 when the money went in
  • edited May 2011
    yep thats what i meant pre flop. obv after the flop he shudnt fold as too many outs.
  • edited May 2011

I prob foldpre depending on villain, and how likely blinds are to call

Flop is fine

• edited May 2011
    I prob foldpre depending on villain, and how likely blinds are to call Flop is fine
    Posted by grantorino
    What is it about the villain that would effect wether you would call or fold?

If you know the blinds r likely to call, are you more likely to call? Or is it the other way round?... and why?
  • edited May 2011
    played fine, if you can't get in on the flop then when can you )

pre - I am sure Don knows it's a speculative call with that holding and you got the flop you wanted TBH so all is good )
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Played well or like a donkey : What is it about the villain that would effect wether you would call or fold? If you know the blinds r likely to call, are you more likely to call? Or is it the other way round?... and why?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Villain: how wide he opens, how he plays postflop
    Blinds: way more likely to call if they likely call. I am IP ina multiway pot with a hand that plays reasonably multiway, and usually ahead of blinds ranges
  • edited May 2011
    Totally fine start to finish. The beauty of these type of hands is that It can be played anyway you want. If you thing he is seriously strong pre this is a wonderful floating spot. NH well done.