You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How to tilt me

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
then I was told poker is a game of chance, tipped me over the edge

Hand History #374200937 (11:22 22/05/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
nervesof Small blind  10.00 10.00 3290.00
skicowboys Big blind  20.00 30.00 2520.00
  Your hole cards

YouKnowsIt Raise  40.00 70.00 2390.00
FOLEYBOY1 Call  40.00 110.00 3730.00
EVADNEY6 Call  40.00 150.00 1640.00
BAGGPUSS Call  40.00 190.00 1240.00
nervesof Call  30.00 220.00 3260.00
skicowboys Call  20.00 240.00 2500.00
Flop

• A

nervesof Check     
skicowboys Check     
YouKnowsIt Bet  100.00 340.00 2290.00
FOLEYBOY1 Call  100.00 440.00 3630.00
EVADNEY6 Fold     
BAGGPUSS Fold     
nervesof Fold     
skicowboys Fold     
Turn

YouKnowsIt Bet  200.00 640.00 2090.00
FOLEYBOY1 Raise  400.00 1040.00 3230.00
YouKnowsIt Raise  1130.00 2170.00 960.00
FOLEYBOY1 All-in  3230.00 5400.00 0.00
YouKnowsIt All-in  960.00 6360.00 0.00
FOLEYBOY1 Unmatched bet  1340.00 5020.00 1340.00
YouKnowsIt Show

FOLEYBOY1 Show

River

FOLEYBOY1 Win Straight to the 8 5020.00  6360.00

Comments

• edited May 2011
    every1 really is copying poddington!!!

What av u done Pod lad.........
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How to tilt me:
    every1 really is copying poddington!!! What av u done Pod lad.........
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If I actually knew what you were on about Dohhhhh I would reply lol, I must have missed something somewhere
  • edited May 2011
    Just people always seem to bet really small when they have a massive hand....

Ppl been reading Pod's HH's in here and copying him !
  • edited May 2011
    I like your betsizing if you dont like money

Posting the hand history in a way that I cant see all the numbers tilts me far more than people outdrawing my set when I give them odds to do it
  • edited May 2011
    I like your betsizing if you dont like money Posting the hand history in a way that I cant see all the numbers tilts me far more than people outdrawing my set when I give them odds to do it
    Posted by grantorino
    well 2 points then, how would you have played 77 and I can see the hand posted fine, maybe its just me that sees it properly
  • edited May 2011
    raise 3-4BB pre. I dont hate limping either

bet at least 3/4 pot prob more on flop and turn. I go broke as well

I cant see names and pot/stack sizes at same time, which makes it awkward to read. Just dont copy the hh number and its easier see the hand
  • edited May 2011
    Just people always seem to bet really small when they have a massive hand.... Ppl been reading Pod's HH's in here and copying him !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    well I must have picked up wrong advice from somewhere then, always been told not to play a hand like 7's as a premium hand so bet small cause if you dont hit the flop and overcards come you start finding yourself in trouble. Then what looked like a wet flop to me a small raise will do not to lose your customer, hoping that they are betting an ace rag, when the trun comes personally I didnt have him on 64 and I doubt many would, hoping he's hit his ace rag which so many people play, turns out I was wrong
  • edited May 2011
    raise 3-4BB pre. I dont hate limping either bet at least 3/4 pot prob more on flop and turn. I go broke as well I cant see names and pot/stack sizes at same time, which makes it awkward to read. Just dont copy the hh number and its easier see the hand
    Posted by grantorino
    ah didnt know not to post the hand number aswell so apologiese
  • edited May 2011
    "I didn't want to lose my customer"

and ......

"I didn't want to scare him off"

are the 2 most frustrating lines in poker......

There's no point in having customers if you're only making tiny bets, you need to get paid for your hand. 

It doesn't make a difference in this hand, you go broke anyway, but what about the times he has 64 and he doesnt hit a straight? You win his money that he paid to try and fish for it.

Bet more = you win more.
  • edited May 2011
    "I didn't want to lose my customer" and ...... "I didn't want to scare him off" are the 2 most frustrating lines in poker...... There's no point in having customers if you're only making tiny bets, you need to get paid for your hand.  It doesn't make a difference in this hand, you go broke anyway, but what about the times he has 64 and he doesnt hit a straight? You win his money that he paid to try and fish for it. Bet more = you win more.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Your right those 2 quotes do come in my head and it seems when I do get a massive hand and bet 3 or 4 xBB 'I lose the customer', I maybe wrong but to me pocket 77 isnt a massive hand and like I said unless you do hit the flop and it does become massive your always prone to someone hitting an overcard then you have no idea where you stand, with that flop and turn would you have put him on 46 to hit the straight? It was more likely that he hit that Ace with a rag and betting 2 pair when he raises me, or a big Ace. If I 3 or 4 bet him pre I think he would have called then after the flop with the cards he was holding which of course I didnt put him on, Im sure he would have called my bet on the turn, the only way he wouldnt is if I shoved the flop. TBH I think I played the hand fine by what I put him on, yes got tilted but the main point was the clown that siad its a game of chance!!!!

Maybe its my thinking that gets me into trouble
  • edited May 2011
    "I didn't want to lose my customer" and ...... "I didn't want to scare him off" are the 2 most frustrating lines in poker...... There's no point in having customers if you're only making tiny bets, you need to get paid for your hand.  It doesn't make a difference in this hand, you go broke anyway, but what about the times he has 64 and he doesnt hit a straight? You win his money that he paid to try and fish for it. Bet more = you win more.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1

You had 80 million callers pre flop, charge then on the flop they seem like happy customers
    Infact overbet the pot and make em all pay ahahahahahaha evil laugh thingy :D

Also you may think o I'll let em catch up, they will not catch up they will outdraw you and you will feel like a complete twonk

• edited May 2011
    Pre flop 77 isn't a massive hand, but it's a good hand to raise when you're first into the pot.

On the flop you have a set, on an ace high board, that is a massive hand.

• edited May 2011
    Pre flop 77 isn't a massive hand, but it's a good hand to raise when you're first into the pot. On the flop you have a set, on an ace high board, that is a massive hand.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dohhhh I'm not disagreeing with you on that but I never put him on a straight, maybe I need to reasses my game on bet sizing
  • edited May 2011
    Plus I have only been playing poker for 4 months so still learning ;)
  • edited May 2011
    Tried playing the same hand more aggressive, think I will stick to the 1st way lol
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    YouKnowsIt Big blind  400.00 400.00 4950.00
      Your hole cards

BG92 Raise  800.00 1200.00 7430.00
    warrior333 Fold     
    peteblue16 Fold     
    THEKOP235 Fold     
    YouKnowsIt All-in  4950.00 6150.00 0.00
    BG92 Call  4550.00 10700.00 2880.00
    YouKnowsIt Show

BG92 Show
    • A
    • Q

Flop

• J

Turn

• Q

River

• K

BG92 Win Pair of Queens 10700.00  13580.00
  • edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
    Perfecto !   :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL I wish you would stop taking the slash out of me ;)
  • edited May 2011
    if my local started charging 50p a pint they definitely wouldnt lose any customers but they'd probably end up broke. Its not a good business model.

<terrible analogy/>
  • edited May 2011
    if my local started charging 50p a pint they definitely wouldnt lose any customers but they'd probably end up broke. Its not a good business model. <terrible analogy/>
    Posted by offshoot
    cheers 4 that offshoot, I will consider that analogy
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How to tilt me : well I must have picked up wrong advice from somewhere then, always been told not to play a hand like 7's as a premium hand so bet small cause if you dont hit the flop and overcards come you start finding yourself in trouble. Then what looked like a wet flop to me a small raise will do not to lose your customer, hoping that they are betting an ace rag, when the trun comes personally I didnt have him on 64 and I doubt many would, hoping he's hit his ace rag which so many people play, turns out I was wrong
    Posted by YouKnowsIt
    In many circumstances the advice given has merit.

But min raising ANY hand pre is just awful bud.  We raise to build pot and isolate.  The min bet UTG practically brings in every "nice looking" hand, which in turn brings in the blinds.  If you playing 7's this way, intending to fold to any scary flop you may as well flat, opting to call a moderate raise looking to set mine. But if you are going to raise you need to make it around 70 there, at least giving yourself the opportuninty to pick up the pot pre or on the flop against maybe 1/2 customers.  If you min bet there and take the flop multi way, there is no such thing as a dry board..

If your going to play it, play it with pressure rather than initiating a limpfest, where you give everyone the chance to see the flop.  If you raise bigger pre you isolate your hand and are going to find it easier to put your (fewer) customers on a particular range, rather than groping in the dark. 

Also, someone makes it 125 pre, your likely calling.  So considor the chips your willing to min bet call raise with, then dont worry so much about check folding flop, as you'd be willing to commit far more than the 40 pre if raised in any case.
  • edited May 2011
    if someone told u 77 was a good hand they lied
  • edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
    i actuallyvthink 77 is good
  • edited May 2011
    amybr likes overanalsying

nh gg
  • edited May 2011
    lol  i am drunk nh gg
  • edited May 2011
    GT wins the thread.
  • edited May 2011
    Drunken contributions to the thread for the win? :)

As for how to play monster hands on the flop, I am very much with DOHHHHHHH on this one. Small bets basically just give folks reasons to chase. If the opponent doesn't have an A on an A-7-x board against our 7-7, simply put we're going to struggle to win a monster pot.

If you watch someone like LOLUFOLD, he bets aggressively with his top pair, set and air ranges. It means when he hits a hand it's always going to earn him the maximum while giving him a great chance of winning with his bluffs too.
  • edited May 2011
    Pre flop (original hand) was absolutely fine. When you hit on an A high board, bang some chips in the middle and make em pay to catch you up. If they all fold, you win the hand, happy days! If villain comes with you, you are massive favourite to win a monster pot, happy days!
  • edited May 2011
    lol at my drunken posts rampage. Dont remember any of it.
  • edited May 2011
    lol at my drunken posts rampage. Dont remember any of it.
    Posted by grantorino
    Lol. My particular favourite was  "lalalalalalal". Best advice i've heard on here!