You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do you have to call here with what he shoves with, even if you think hes got there on river?

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Also my bet sizing here.

Are they ok or would you of just shoved turn???

Also my check call on river, should I of just shoved 1st?

Cheers.

Was vs a random so no good reads, except he had been running good.

Hand History #374416540 (21:45 22/05/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
dlj86 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £21.20
FORDYCE Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £34.65
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

ianatter23 Call   £0.20 £0.50 £70.16
donkeyplop Raise   £0.80 £1.30 £18.60
falconsno7 Call   £0.80 £2.10 £17.48
dlj86 Fold        
FORDYCE Fold        
ianatter23 Call   £0.60 £2.70 £69.56
Flop

ianatter23 Check        
donkeyplop Bet   £2.70 £5.40 £15.90
falconsno7 Call   £2.70 £8.10 £14.78
ianatter23 Fold        
Turn

donkeyplop Bet   £6.08 £14.18 £9.82
falconsno7 Call   £6.08 £20.26 £8.70
River

donkeyplop Check        
falconsno7 All-in   £8.70 £28.96 £0.00
donkeyplop Call   £8.70 £37.66 £1.12

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Had to take my post down as didnt see bet sizes properly :)

You go for massive value on flop and turn.  You must have knew he'd spew call?

If he makes clubs on river its VU and just an awful call at the turn.  He has 10cJc? :p
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Do you have to call here with what he shoves with, even if you think hes got there on river?:
    Had to take my post down as didnt see bet sizes properly :) You go for massive value on flop and turn.  You must have knew he'd spew call? If he makes clubs on river its VU and just an awful call at the turn.  He has 10cJc? :p
    Posted by AMYBR
    From his bet sizing I guess he's hit a set on turn and quads on river?  Amybr's not often wrong tho!
  • edited May 2011
    I think you have to call......sigh.....make a note......put him all in on the turn next time you meet. You have invested so much in the pot by this point - he had a flush I take it?
  • edited May 2011
    The turn is the best card for you, the river, probably the worst. 

Was gonna say bet abit bigger on the turn but it really is such a good card that your size is probably fine.

If your read is that he's been "running good" you must have seen him show some hands down. So you should get HH up and see how he played each street.

How did he run good? what happened? calling 2 streets with bottom pair and making trips on the river? Open shoving his straight draw on the flop and getting there?

You must have some info on how he plays to be able to conclude that he runs good........................
  • edited May 2011
    I dont see any probs with the hand whatsoever. Well played!

Looks like you are a tad unlucky at the end when he (likely) turns over two clubs. I dont think it is a definite call at the end either but i think most would call. I think i would have to but i can be quite spewy at times. You have played this well in my opinion with your betsizing and everything. Over time its a winning play.
  • edited May 2011
    shove or c/f river depending on villain i think vs unknown i probably shove
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Do you have to call here with what he shoves with, even if you think hes got there on river?:
    shove or c/f river depending on villain i think vs unknown i probably shove
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    What would you need to have seen from the villain to make this a check/fold rather than a shove?

Why would you never c/c? If you have seen him bluff his missed draws isn;t there an argument for doing so?
  • edited May 2011
    bet sizing is fine

shove ,c/c bad imo most draws got there, we dont know he bluffs them ever, he can only bluff less than half pot and he checks most of what we beat
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Do you have to call here with what he shoves with, even if you think hes got there on river? : What would you need to have seen from the villain to make this a check/fold rather than a shove? Why would you never c/c? If you have seen him bluff his missed draws isn;t there an argument for doing so?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This is why I check called.

First I may of got to see river free, then I could call any bluffs. (is this not ideal?)

Also  the guy had built his stack b4 I sat down and this was prob about 10th hand I had played.
  • edited May 2011
    Looks ok to me, and like others have said just make a note on what you see.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Do you have to call here with what he shoves with, even if you think hes got there on river? : What would you need to have seen from the villain to make this a check/fold rather than a shove? Why would you never c/c? If you have seen him bluff his missed draws isn;t there an argument for doing so?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

the only missed draw is T8, 68 & clubs both get there so even if he doe s bluff missed draws he will have completed the draw alot more often.

if i think the villain folds 9x then i would c/f