You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

could i have played this hand any worse?!?!

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
firstly, i limped with the 55 because it was early stages and i was hoping to see a cheap flop, mistake??
mistake no 2, pretty sure i should have bet the flop to induce the raise for me to shove but was trying to trap
mistake no 3, should i have just shoved on the turn?, my bet was weak but again i was hoping to induce the raise which never came!
the river is just evil (although i prob deserved for being too passive), do i fold? it is a bounty hunter and they way the hand played out the villain may not have had the ace??????
how should i have played this hand because i doubt i could have played in any worse!!!!
BOWDEL Small blind  15.00 15.00 210.00
JuanLennon Big blind  30.00 45.00 1940.00
  Your hole cards

trickys Fold     
waller02 Call  30.00 75.00 1960.00
ROCKPORT Raise  120.00 195.00 1175.00
pilgrim29 Call  120.00 315.00 3450.00
BOWDEL Fold     
JuanLennon Fold     
waller02 Call  90.00 405.00 1870.00
Flop

• A
  • A

waller02 Check     
ROCKPORT Check     
pilgrim29 Check     
Turn

waller02 Bet  202.50 607.50 1667.50
ROCKPORT Call  202.50 810.00 972.50
pilgrim29 Fold     
River

waller02 Check     
ROCKPORT All-in  972.50 1782.50 0.00
waller02 ????

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Yukkkkk, that river is horid i think you have to fold you beating nothing after that
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: could i have played this hand any worse?!?!:
    Yukkkkk, that river is horid i think you have to fold you beating nothing after that
    Posted by iBLUFF
    aslong as his opponent doesn't have a ace or 6, his beating everything :)
  • edited May 2011

In Response to Re: could i have played this hand any worse?!?! : aslong as his opponent doesn't have a ace or 6, his beating everything :)
    Posted by Crunchybob

:P
  • edited May 2011
    Yes, you could have shoved pre flop.
  • edited May 2011
    Yes, you could have shoved pre flop.
    Posted by yuranASSet
    No dont do this, I think its an easy call and you have played it fine. if he has an Ace its unlucky, i dont think he has a 6
  • edited May 2011
    Dont mind the limp pre to set mine. I think you have to fold river. Bet through the streets, you miss out on value. If you bet the flop, you win the hand in my opinion, take a nice pot and move on. You allowed them to catch up and overtake you.
  • edited May 2011
    I would raise pre, limping is ok too

Flop either c/r or leading is fine. I prob c/r

bet turn bigger to make river an easy shove

I fold river readless
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: could i have played this hand any worse?!?! : No dont do this, I think its an easy call and you have played it fine. if he has an Ace its unlucky, i dont think he has a 6
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I wasn't suggesting he does this. I was suggesting how he could play it worse.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: could i have played this hand any worse?!?! : I wasn't suggesting he does this. I was suggesting how he could play it worse.
    Posted by yuranASSet
    Oh lol sorry missed the sarcasm
  • edited May 2011
    I dont really get the aggro or sarcasm tbh.

5's UTG the limp call is fine, as is the raise.  You flop a pure Gin hand.  I dont mind the flop check at all.  We can talk about inflating the pot but I think many many players first instinct would be to check the gin hand.  Neither Opponents elect to bet, but its very likely one in turn are slow playing the A.  This is one spot I'm happy to be OOP in. 

You dont get the action on the flop so you take the inititive and open the turn.  A tad small tbf, I just shut my eyes open two thirds pot and pray to be jammed on.  Not your fault he just calls.  Then yes, utter sick river.  You have the presence of mind to slow down.  It is very likely he thought he was slowplaying you, hence his passive approach.

Ignore the criticism bud, I think many people take a deceptive approach with the gin flop.  Just very UL.  Correct fold IMO
  • edited May 2011
    I dont really get the aggro or sarcasm tbh. 5's UTG the limp call is fine, as is the raise.  You flop a pure Gin hand.  I dont mind the flop check at all.  We can talk about inflating the pot but I think many many players first instinct would be to check the gin hand.  Neither Opponents elect to bet, but its very likely one in turn are slow playing the A.  This is one spot I'm happy to be OOP in.  You dont get the action on the flop so you take the inititive and open the turn.  A tad small tbf, I just shut my eyes open two thirds pot and pray to be jammed on.  Not your fault he just calls.  Then yes, utter sick river.  You have the presence of mind to slow down.  It is very likely he thought he was slowplaying you, hence his passive approach. Ignore the criticism bud, I think many people take a deceptive approach with the gin flop.  Just very UL.  Correct fold IMO
    Posted by AMYBR
    lol, i never said i folded, which is why i said could i have played the hand any worse.
    the flat call on the turn made me think he may not have the ace, was never really worried about him having the 6, after my check on the river the villain could have been shoving with any pair 10/10 jj etc.....and because it was a BH......i called and he turned over A8..........oooops! lol never mind, i learn from it and move on!!!!
    cheers for the input guys 
  • edited May 2011
    dnt mind the play pre. but DEFO bet the flop one of them has to have an ace.
  • edited May 2011
    Defo 150-200 bet on flop just to get it going, if called make it 75% bet on turn and with aim of getting it in asap.
  • edited May 2011
    - raise or limp pre is fine
    - check raising / leading out on flop are both fine
    - turn bet is fine, ideally bigger but it'll do
    - fold river