You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why would he call

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
down to 8 players in a 11 pound tourney i was in the big blind with 10 5 off suit the flop came 10 5 i got two pair gotta be good the turn came and nothin to say i was losing the hand so i raised about 2400 he called the river came and i went in he dropped a straiaht on the river was he phsycic before that all he had was king high so why would he call a medium bet at the turn does he have esp??? it really peed me off

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Yeh whit? Check out the poker clinic forum and how to post your hands. Then we can analyse them properly.  I forgive since its your first post.
  • edited May 2011
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    MADSPARKS Small blind  200.00 200.00 7522.50
    mikec578 Big blind  400.00 600.00 15055.00
      Your hole cards

baracas120 Fold     
    dampdemon Fold     
    MADSPARKS Call  200.00 800.00 7322.50
    mikec578 Check     
    Flop

MADSPARKS Bet  800.00 1600.00 6522.50
    mikec578 Call  800.00 2400.00 14255.00
    Turn

MADSPARKS Bet  2400.00 4800.00 4122.50
    mikec578 Call  2400.00 7200.00 11855.00
    River

MADSPARKS All-in  4122.50 11322.50 0.00
    mikec578 Call  4122.50 15445.00 7732.50
    MADSPARKS Show

mikec578 Show
    • K

mikec578 Win Straight to the 6 15445.00  23177.50
  • edited May 2011
    So your not Big Blind... FOLD pre flop
  • edited May 2011
    i no but called if he had raised pre i would off folded but ihe didnt and i dropped 2 pair he had nothin so why would he then call did he think i was bluffing and then get lucky or what?
  • edited May 2011
    am i missing somthing there coz i think i would have folded
  • edited May 2011
    He didn't raise pre because he was big blind. You really are Mad. Okay he shoudn't have called the pot bet but you shouldn't ahve called pre flop. Tht makes you as bad as him. 
  • edited May 2011
    he was open ended on the turn had a over card and a bit of a stack
  • edited May 2011
    fold pre. check fold river.
  • edited May 2011
    Snap fold pre.
  • edited May 2011
    No he shouldnt have called the turn. He had an over card and an open ended straight draw though. You should have folded pre flop (or even a raise pre to steal wouldnt have been as bad as just making up the blinds). He could have absolutely anything here so you have to check, fold river.
  • edited May 2011
    imo, i dont mind ppl mixing their game up, u see tom dwan and ivey playing these type of cards all the time as if u do hit ppl dont expect it. i do think that if you were going to play these cards limping in isn't the right option, you should've raised to either steal the blind or at least take the initiative, you hit a good flop and and there is no way he could of put you on those 2 cards. he shouldn't of called, but expect the unexpected in a game of poker.
  • edited May 2011
    Fold pre, i probably dont fold river fwiw

it doesnt really matter why he called its his money, all you have to worry about is playing it perfect your end. its ok to make up SB occasionally with semi strong hand but not with 10 5 off

Welcome to the forum buddy, hope you post more here
  • edited May 2011
    you cant control what other people do, you just have to make the best decisions possible, imo that would be folding preflop
  • edited May 2011
    fold pre,c/f river
  • edited May 2011
    For me its fold pre or jam pre, you have 18xBigs.  Shouldnt be making it up to the blind at that stage, but sould be looking to pounce on weakness.

Cant really be that card dependant there.  Fold, play next hand, or try to pick up the money in there.  Never complete.
  • edited May 2011
    your all full of it thers not one off you that would of checked the turn with 2 pair in case he did have a chance at catching on the river maybe i agree i should have jammed in the turn but he had been bluffin all night tryin to get people off hands etc and it was workin to a degree but i was heads up and when the river came had i had not of pushed it would of left me pretty well short and needing to jam on a hand that wasnt so good it was an unreal call at the turn by him because he had nothin yeah an over card and straight draw but who would risk goin short stacked to have a look see and chase a card on the river i wouldnt because it very rarely hits it still makes no sense.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: why would he call:
    your all full of it thers not one off you that would of checked the turn with 2 pair in case he did have a chance at catching on the river maybe i agree i should have jammed in the turn but he had been bluffin all night tryin to get people off hands etc and it was workin to a degree but i was heads up and when the river came had i had not of pushed it would of left me pretty well short and needing to jam on a hand that wasnt so good it was an unreal call at the turn by him because he had nothin yeah an over card and straight draw but who would risk goin short stacked to have a look see and chase a card on the river i wouldnt because it very rarely hits it still makes no sense.
    Posted by MADSPARKS
    Yes his call makes no sense, but neither does insulting all the people replying to your post which YOU asked for advise!

Also you seem to be ignoring the overwhelming aspect of this entire thread which seems to be: FOLD PRE
  • edited May 2011
    to answer your Q ... his call on the flop & turn is bad yes, but you can't control what they do! usually, you're happy he's made the call on the flop AND turn, because he's bleeding chips and you're winning chips - but as mentioned about 15 times, it should have all been avoided by folding pre! 
  • edited May 2011
    i understand i should have folded pre but given that all had folded except us two i figure i had loads of chips so i would just have a little look see why not, i havnt insulted any of you so i dont know why you say i did i appreciate all the input so thankyou very much for it, should i fold pre flop wasnt really the question it was why would he call it, it still makes no sense but i think im about over it now
    thanks all and sorry if you felt i was insulting you but thats not my way unless theres reason.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: why would he call:
    i understand i should have folded pre but given that all had folded except us two i figure i had loads of chips so i would just have a little look see why not, i havnt insulted any of you so i dont know why you say i did i appreciate all the input so thankyou very much for it, should i fold pre flop wasnt really the question it was why would he call it, it still makes no sense but i think im about over it now thanks all and sorry if you felt i was insulting you but thats not my way unless theres reason.
    Posted by MADSPARKS
    With 10 5 this is a very dangerous line bud, + you really dont have loads of chips.  You have 18 BB's.  Rather than take a look, raise it if youre going to play it, best option here if your not folding. 

This hand is a really good example of disaster short stack blind on blind.  You complete the blind, flop huge and still lose.  As their is no momentum or range finding, the hand just is incredibly difficult to play.  He cant really give you credit for strength which plays into the dynamic of the hand also i believe. 

Having a look to see why not, Blind on blind, short stack is just about as bad as it gets bud, no offense. You have two real lines.  Fold and raise.  Obv not playing your hand with the raise.