You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1.5/3 JJ 200bbs deep

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
0mc Small blind   £1.50 £1.50 £908.25
offshoot Big blind   £3.00 £4.50 £657.45
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

peg1 Fold        
ajs4385 Raise   £12.00 £16.50 £734.25
lolufold Call   £12.00 £28.50 £1438.86
muse12 Fold        
0mc Fold        
offshoot Raise   £39.00 £67.50 £618.45
ajs4385 Fold        
lolufold Call   £30.00 £97.50 £1408.86
Flop

offshoot Bet   £72.00 £169.50 £546.45
lolufold Raise   £253.13 £422.63 £1155.73
offshoot?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    thoughts on preflop and flop pls. Never seen opponent before, probably a rich fish trying to get lucky.
  • edited May 2011
    lol

it's lolufold

I have absolutely no idea, unlike most players he could have almost anything here. I think it's relatively unlikely he has QQ-AA, though definitely not impossible. I think I'd be surprised if he doesn't 4bet QQ pre, though he may have slowplayed KK/AA on you- and if he was playing QQ, now would be a very tough time to be reraising like that, he's unlikely to get action from anything he's beating.

Was he getting a good price here to setmine? You're both plenty deep, so yes- I think so. I find it fairly difficult to imagine him calling that sized bet with a hand like 56h, though I suppose AQh is possible- and you're in fairly bad shape against that. I guess AKh is in his range too, though a little cagey if it was?

I think it boils down to him having a set, the NFD+overs, or some loopy lolufold play, which he's totally capable of. I really don't know enough about what kind of history the two of you have, because I think the metagame is paramount here. Whatever he does is going to be based on his perception of you and how the game was playing.

Just my instinct, but I think out of all his possible holdings a set is the one I'm leaning furthest towards, I'd probably put him on a set of 4's. But he knows that it's very unlikely you have a set on this board, or any draw unless you 3bet with AKh specifically, and he knows you're good enough to lay down an overpair, which is what he'll be putting you on when you make that bet, so it could be a move still.

I'm really nowhere near good enough to properly get my head round this.

*edit* wait, I just looked closer at the preflop action. I'm pretty sure now QQ-AA isn't in his range, AA there's an outside chance but QQ-KK just about zero chance.

Definitely leaning more towards a set now. The 3 bet pre with JJ I like, and probably gets through most of the time.

• edited May 2011
    I dont like bet folding the flop but i think you have to :(

Pre flop i think your good looks like smaller pp here, So i think you played it well

Post flop i really think we have to fold, i dont think Redmond is going to be getting it all in here worse ever unless he's split up with his missus lol

I reckon he's got a set, I agree with deuces i dont think QQ-AA he flats pre, i think possibly AQ suited also in his range here too but he's scared me
  • edited May 2011
    i guess a lot of it is villain dependant but its fine to just look at the hand as a general situation and how to play Jacks 200 big blinds deep.

I think Lolufold can call here pretty wide because were deep enough but cant remember him doing it often. I think his raise size is also interesting.
  • edited May 2011
    Hmmmm tricky.  J's are always so tricky OOP post with significant action pre, as your brain knows just how vulnerable they are and potentially you're crushed to begin with.

I hate these spots, really do and normally end up folding myself.

Thing is Lolraise def 4 bets you pre with a better starting hand than you.  He also puts you in post with 9's 10's and any two paint H's + all the H wheel draws I think.

Just becomes a question of did he hit his set, or do you elect to race his draw(s) for me
  • edited May 2011

He's been studying the tapes of my 1 and only cash 300 appearance, and decided that overbetting a set to level you into a call is the way forward ;)
  • edited May 2011
    If Jacks is winning go all in, if you're behind fold surely?!
  • edited May 2011
    Wow. This is way above my level but i am gonna give my thoughts anyway.

Looks a bit like a set but does lolufold overbet his sets against you offshoot?

The action preflop gives him an indication that you have a big hand going in to this and maybe thinks you cant put it down on this flop so is going for absolutely maximum value. The only other sort of hand he could turn up with is the flush draw with two overcards, maybe something like A,Q of hearts.

Its lolufold, could be anything!
  • edited May 2011
    reads on anyone? 3bet history?

I prefer flatting pre this deep, mainly because oop against a good player with JJ sucks.Like thats a great flop for you and it stills sucks when he raises. I would make it bigger pre if I did 3bet against 2 opponents

I think his range is pretty wide here 200BB deep, almost any hand he flats opener with  he prob  calls the 3bet with ip. I doubt he has QQ+ unless you squeeze a lot. I also dont agree he 4bets QQ, I doubt its a good idea this deep, and he may sometimes flat 3bets with KK,AA but its pretty unlikely when he just flat opener

I really dont know what he has, dynamic is pretty important, Id imagine he has draws and air at least as much as sets (surely he sometimes flats sets?), I doubt he raises TT,99 . I'm leaning towards shoving but idk could be spew
  • edited May 2011

89 hearts :) or overpair

intresting he flats AJS and then you, could be big or marginal :S

Could be anything

think you fold yes
  • edited May 2011
    Shove get called and fade the heart.
  • edited May 2011

Set or big draw,

Btw lolufold is nowhere near as lag as they make out on tv, there are other regs way looser.

For a bonus point Why is lolufold very unlikly to three bet pre in this spot.

• edited May 2011
    I agree 100% with you ajs, I think lolufold is a very tight player who is also extremely good at reading people, and has the balls to back up his reads. I think his range preflop is wider and a lot more speculative than a lot of regs though? 

It's only because he's against a player he knows so well I thought this could be a bluff- the chances of offshoot having a set here are about zero, I can't imagine he ever 3bets over a 4x raise and call with worse than tens? If he even does it with tens?

With that in mind, lolufold knows his hand is in setland, so if he's holding 66/77, he knows he could just as easily have 44/88, and offshoot knows that too. It's actually a mark of respect to offshoot if he makes this move, because he knows offshoot is capable of laying down the overpair- if he has AK/AQ, he mucks it, and if he has the overpair, there's a very good chance he'll fold, fearing the set.

I still think he has a set, though- I'd probably grudgingly fold, and hats off to him if he pulled a move out the bag. Everything about how he's played it looks like a small pair to me. I'd really love to know what he actually had.
  • edited May 2011
    very wierd raise size from him.

Looks very much like a huge draw.

I dont think he peels that wide pre fwiw

every1 knows i cant fold so...
  • edited May 2011
    I think it's a fold Shoot.  Mr Lee has tried to peel twice here in position against two somewhat aggressive players (yourself and AJS).  This is so unlike him I have him firmly on aces or kings.  I know he very rarely slow plays big pairs but the double peel is even more rare.  If he was playing speculative on the first peel he can easily read your raise OOP as a squeeze and IMO is more likely to re-squeeze there and then.  Of course he can delay that until the flop but this is less likely I think.

Whether I'm right or not he clearly wants to get it in now so you're probably either drawing thin or against combo hands like 2 overs and flush draw etc.  Jacks don't have a major amount of equity in this spot.

Of course if I was playing at the time I shove but then again I'm a fish.  (we have an overpair wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!)

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: 1.5/3 JJ 200bbs deep:
    I think it's a fold Shoot.  Mr Lee has tried to peel twice here in position against two somewhat aggressive players (yourself and AJS).  This is so unlike him I have him firmly on aces or kings.Posted by TommyD
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, he could easily be holding AA/KK or any 2 hearts.
    If he had a pr, would he set mine or more likey 3 bet AJS.

• edited May 2011
    lots of combo draws in his range here, 56h, 57h, 78h and so on.  I once seen lolufold call a 4 bet pre oop with 6,2s.
    Why flat pre? obv he wants crazy muse and omc in the pot.
    The raise size on the flop, seems to look like a huge draw.
    I cant decide if he would flat pre with AA or KK.

equity     win     tie           pots won     pots tied   
    Hand 0:     28.414%      28.41%     00.00%               4782             0.00   { JcJs }
    Hand 1:     71.586%      71.59%     00.00%              12048             0.00   { 88, 44-33, 9h8h, 9h7h, 8h7h, 8h6h, 8h5h, 7h6h, 7h5h, 6h5h }

Oh lolufold can have air here? can/will he ever fold after the raise on the flop? it will be />100bb more to call a shove.
  • edited May 2011
    Set or big draw, Btw lolufold is nowhere near as lag as they make out on tv, there are other regs way looser. For a bonus point Why is lolufold very unlikly to three bet pre in this spot.
    Posted by ajs4385
    No idea why he would be very unlikely to 3bet you this deep ip. I assume it would be bad with certain hands.  I particularly dont see why he would flat KK+ this deep, if anyone can enlighten me great

I dont watch these guys on TV so I have no idea how they play  
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: 1.5/3 JJ 200bbs deep : No idea why he would be very unlikely to 3bet you this deep ip. I assume it would be bad with certain hands.  I particularly dont see why he would flat KK+ this deep, if anyone can enlighten me great I dont watch these guys on TV so I have no idea how they play  
    Posted by grantorino

Why he flats pre.
    1, hoping muse will 3bet, muse will 3 bet the button with a very wide range.
    2, To bring omc into the hand, he will call a standard open with a very marginal hand.
    3, he has a drawing hand that will play well in a multi way pot (5,7s) and he dont want to get 4 bet by AJS or the blinds.
    He may well of flat called with AA KK in the hope of option 1 or 2.  If he was to then 4bet offshoot he has turned his hand face up, so he has to flat offshoot.
    I still think with the size of the raise on the flop, its a combo draw.  Im sure im wrong.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: 1.5/3 JJ 200bbs deep : Why he flats pre. 1, hoping muse will 3bet, muse will 3 bet the button with a very wide range. 2, To bring omc into the hand, he will call a standard open with a very marginal hand. 3, he has a drawing hand that will play well in a multi way pot (5,7s) and he dont want to get 4 bet by AJS or the blinds. He may well of flat called with AA KK in the hope of option 1 or 2.  If he was to then 4bet offshoot he has turned his hand face up, so he has to flat offshoot. I still think with the size of the raise on the flop, its a combo draw.  Im sure im wrong.
    Posted by freechips1
    well obv he has some flatting range pre. he can flat KK+ if he is likely to be squeezed behind, not sure flatting to bring sb into pot would be that good an idea given that offshoot likely calls a lot behind, and its going to be 4way deep.

I'm also not sure he turns his hand face up if he backraises either, but thats pretty dependent on dynamic
  • edited May 2011
    Freechips got it, you want certain players in the pot, if there is a player you enjoy playing against shall we say in the blinds its much better to flat a raise as these players will call 4bb with utter garbage out of position where as if u 3 bet to 12 bb they are not going to come along.
  • edited May 2011
    did you fold offshoot?
  • edited May 2011
    More to the point get Redmond in here!
  • edited May 2011

Dunno if this is stating the obvious but this hand was shown on mastercash..........

I assume o.p and most contributors on here saw it? Wont write what happend obv....
  • edited May 2011
    I didn't see it :(
  • edited May 2011
    I didn't see it :(
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    +1
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: 1.5/3 JJ 200bbs deep : +1
    Posted by freechips1
    +2

I was watching the show but honestly do not remember the hand.
  • edited May 2011
    did you fold offshoot?
    Posted by freechips1
    Yes. He had 88.
  • edited May 2011
    I dont like bet folding the flop but i think you have to :( Pre flop i think your good looks like smaller pp here, So i think you played it well Post flop i really think we have to fold, i dont think Redmond is going to be getting it all in here worse ever unless he's split up with his missus lol I reckon he's got a set, I agree with deuces i dont think QQ-AA he flats pre, i think possibly AQ suited also in his range here too but he's scared me
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    wiiii winner winner ;) although quite a few others got right GF