You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mtt early levels v 2 fish. Turn gives me straight but completes 3 to flush. Opinions?

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok focusing on the turn here. Ive raised in CO with QJs. The limp caller has been in every single pot and hasnt folded any sort of draw or pair, your average fish you could say. The other guys range is literally any two suited cards. He isnt likeley to fold any sort of draw the nature hes played so far.

The hand its self. Its got a limp comming to me in the CO and i have a reasonable pretty starting hand and decide to raise. The button whos got a very wide range calls, and the limper calls.

The flop comes QT8 giving me TP, gutshot and a backdoor flush. Giving me plenty of ways to win the hand. I c-bet and they both call. However teh turn comes the 9 of clubs. Which completes my straight but its the dirty out if you like.

Think raising more pre might also be an option to dicsuss in this hand?

Would you barrell again or check and assess the river ?

PokerStars Game #62492888347: Tournament #422010172, $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2011/05/24 9:06:13 WET [2011/05/24 4:06:13 ET]
Table '422010172 4' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: vovau72 (3000 in chips)
Seat 3: pende0073 (3110 in chips)
Seat 4: lpglpg (4510 in chips)
Seat 5: raphycat (2710 in chips)
Seat 6: wise one nz (2980 in chips)
Seat 7: the_donscott (2800 in chips)
Seat 8: carlitosZM (4970 in chips)
Seat 9: krk.igorek (2980 in chips)
krk.igorek: posts small blind 10
vovau72: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to the_donscott [Jh Qh]
pende0073: calls 20
lpglpg: folds
Red Mamont is connected
the_donscott said, "nh"
raphycat: folds
wise one nz has timed out while disconnected
wise one nz: folds
wise one nz is sitting out
the_donscott: raises 50 to 70
carlitosZM: calls 70
krk.igorek: folds
vovau72: folds
pende0073: calls 50
*** FLOP *** [Qc Th 8c]
pende0073: checks
the_donscott: bets 144
carlitosZM: calls 144
pende0073: calls 144
*** TURN *** [Qc Th 8c] [9c]
pende0073: checks
the_donscott: ???????

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I think you should be raising more pre fwiw around 100 would be good, your raise doesn't really do much imo

if you think he's a maniac i would go with it, i think you have 2586 left, with 672 in the pot, so i would slightly overbet maybe 800 with the aim to get it in on the river... obviously providing another club doesnt come

Also i probably raise more on the flop like 70-75% of the pot, charge those flush chasers and then re-assess
  • edited May 2011
    For me, if you have a limp infront and two CS behind I'm more likely to limp also than raise, as the raise really doesnt achieve anything.  It doesnt isolate, which should be the main goal here.  What it does do is inflate the pot, making the pot size difficult for you at the turn.

You've gone 4 way to the flop, turn brings the 4th club?  if you had backdoor flush draw off flop?  Do you plan on check folding if the 3rd club hits river?  If the are big calling stations I likely bet pot + here.  I'd be as worried about JK as the clubs also tho, JK being an early stage limping hand.
  • edited May 2011
    raise pre bigger

bet flop bigger

as played horrible spot on turn, I prob b/f 400 but not sure thats best