You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Readless, can't call....?

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
7 handed 50p/£1 cash game.  Not long sat down after MTT (Live).

UTG raise makes it £3 to go.  Button calls, I find Jc9c in the BB am sat around £170 - raiser and caller having similar stacks.  I complete to £3.

3 to flop £9.5 KdJh9d

Dont hate my hand, T&Bpr, but board is about as wet as it goes.  I lead out pot to see whats out there.  Initial raiser  Jams for aboy £130, button re jams around £160.

Pretty readless at time.  Cant really put them on a clear range, shouldnt be beating anything that the action really speaks for, but it is donk city much of the time.  As always I figure there's a better spot, Am likely crushed or flipping unpleasantly.  Also made hand out there.  So I gregghogg fold.

Initial raiser Holds A's button holds 8dQd.  J9 would have held.  But I just cant really justify a call there.  Most of you guys know I dont really adhere to pure EV+, so in terms of your internet approach its probably a horrible fold.... right?  Cant see straight at minute, card dead and missing everything.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    can go both ways, if a diamond turned or rivered u wud say its a good fold. as it didnt u think its a horrible fold. i wud of folded and waited to get some more reads. :)
  • edited May 2011
    Am happy to fade the diamonds given that I'm not in terrible shape to fill up vs the draw.  More concerned with K's, J's, 9's, KJ, K9, 10Q (in that order).  All hands that are easily within opponents betting/calling range and jamming range.

I wouldnt have folded against one player to the D draw.  Def Call one oppent, I lose its UL, but likely ambitious call following semi spew play pre.  Its the cold call of huge re raise that wasa the concern.  I just cant like my hand vs 2...I think.
  • edited May 2011
    I think this is prob ok, but I hate b/f two pair, it just feels wrong
  • edited May 2011
    Hate to say it but I think I'm mostly opening for info :) 

Hang on, no I'm not :)  Am betting for value until action speaks otherwise :p
  • edited May 2011
    yeah you can definitely be flatted by worse, and prob raised by worse also, idk  Im pretty torn on this one, if this is your usual standard of live game it cant be that bad getting it in either
  • edited May 2011
    Very true, Kind of why I was asking about you interet guys opinion on a pure EV+ approach, this particular hands outcome regardless. 

Have locked myself away for awhile now 3 tabling, trying not to let my head think to much (yes I do overanalyse to much mr drunken grantorino t'other night :p).  I just find it so dull grinding out PERCEIVED EV+ spots.  As thats my issue mostly, my online perceptions.  My brain gets in the way to much.

So in likelyhood I think that it would be very much EV+ to get my money in at this game if hand was played 1000 times, even against 3 or 4 opponents. BUT MY BRAIN WONT LET ME!!!!
  • edited May 2011
    just stoved this looks like folding is best
  • edited May 2011
    vs 2 opponents i think its a fufufufufu fold