You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Over pair on flop - what to do next?

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I'd never come across this oppo before this evening but if I was him I'd be rushing out to buy a lottery ticket!

He's been at the table around 20 minutes or so & in that time I've seen him raising & calling an all in with underpairs twice & overcards once & hit every time (he was behind all three times).

So what do you do against his raise on the flop? I donked out because I thought it was highly likely I was ahead & I wouldn't be too unhappy about taking it down there & then & tbh I felt there was a strong chance I was still ahead even after the raise. That's partly because of what I'd seen previously & partly because I just had a gut feeling (I can't really explain it but I'm sure you know what I mean!). I just felt that his raise was weak.

Do you re-raise here? If I re-raise then I'm pretty much committing myself to the hand, right? Flat? That just gives him a chance to outdraw me if he's got overs. The only other option is folding but I don't really like that based on my previous statement.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.54
silentbob Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.94
 Your hole cards

OPPO Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £7.76
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Fold     
silentbob Call  £0.16 £0.42 £4.78
Flop

silentbob Bet  £0.42 £0.84 £4.36
OPPO Raise  £0.84 £1.68 £6.92