You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

rivers

edited May 2011 in Area 51
can some please tell me why soo many river change hands and make losing hands winners when they can only get 1 card.. is it me or is or is it dodgy..

everythime the losing hand by far comes from nowhere and wins on rivers...

i have not seen so many river hits on the other sites...

can some explain to me..

Comments

• edited May 2011
    On the river you have 7 cards to make a 5 card hand, on the turn you only have 6, and flop, just 5 to play with.

That explains it.
  • edited May 2011
    so what dohhh is saying is limp as cheaply as you can to the river as yougotta better chance of winning!!
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: rivers:
    On the river you have 7 cards to make a 5 card hand, on the turn you only have 6, and flop, just 5 to play with. That explains it.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH[/QUOTE

LOl. Sky must pay you well! Only 2 minutes and you're all over it. V V sad

Yes it is dodgy. I have been rivered 22 times in 3 heads up games tonight.
  • edited May 2011

Double time between 8pm and midnight on weekdays - prime moaning time!!!!

You must have a lot of spirit coming back from an outdraw to the chip lead 22 times.

• edited May 2011
    Double time between 8pm and midnight on weekdays - prime moaning time!!!! You must have a lot of spirit coming back from an outdraw to the chip lead 22 times.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    No i lost twice. Shouldnt you be suprising us all by just how much you make at the lower micro stakes.?

Never laughed so hard except when you posted that ohama hand where you got completely owned and were spewing about his call!
  • edited May 2011
    i sense bitterness, i might be wrong but i think its there!!!
  • edited May 2011
    i sense bitterness, i might be wrong but i think its there!!!
    Posted by pod1
    Envy. I want a job for sky scanning area51!
  • edited May 2011
    U want me to tell u how much I make?

1k in my last four sessions combined, but it's not always that good ;)

I am useless at omaha, I play it for fun maybe an hour at 5p/10p level at the start of every session.

The call or series of calls was abit krazy though. Sole read. 
  • edited May 2011
    grow up bags,if you had a mnth like i had you would be cryin like a baby, suck it up and deal with it.
  • edited May 2011

Well avoided. Good answer.

• edited May 2011
    avoided what?? enlighten me
  • edited May 2011
    grow up bags,if you had a mnth like i had you would be cryin like a baby, suck it up and deal with it.
    Posted by pod1
    Deal with what? I havent had a bad month. I was merely agreeing I thought the amount of rivers was dodgy and winding up doh
  • edited May 2011
    On the river you have 7 cards to make a 5 card hand, on the turn you only have 6, and flop, just 5 to play with. That explains it.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Lol
  • edited May 2011
    sorry baggs, thought you were original poster, my bad
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to rivers:
    can some please tell me why soo many river change hands and make losing hands winners when they can only get 1 card.. is it me or is or is it dodgy.. everythime the losing hand by far comes from nowhere and wins on rivers... i have not seen so many river hits on the other sites... can some explain to me..
    Posted by bigal36903

AGREE :)   very sick rivers on sky ,,,countless times i have been bisted there ,,,,,getting the chips in good and getting sucked out on not good hahahah   ,,,very draw heavy site in my opinon ,,,players no there draw is getting there more than it should  lol.....
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to rivers:
    can some please tell me why soo many river change hands and make losing hands winners when they can only get 1 card.. is it me or is or is it dodgy.. everythime the losing hand by far comes from nowhere and wins on rivers... i have not seen so many river hits on the other sites... can some explain to me..
    Posted by bigal36903

This has been said many times but i will say it again.. you always remember the beats on the river and never the time you get lucky.
  • edited May 2011
    i try not to let it get to the river.... cos when it does it normally goes against me cos i am infront...

i am getting used to it happening now ... therefore we discuse it with each other... the good the bad the ridiculous runner runner for bad callers