You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wednesday Survivor Near Bubble Math Spot

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BOSS Small blind  400.00 400.00 745.00
TommyD Big blind  800.00 1200.00 4875.00
  Your hole cards

NoFinAce Fold     
Rohn180 Fold     
oldenglish Fold     
eon1961 Fold     
BOSS All-in  745.00 1945.00 0.00
TommyD ???    

Comments

• edited May 2011
    We're near the bubble, I'm pretty comfortable (about 8th of 73, 68 seats)

Quite simple, do you call or fold and why?
  • edited May 2011
    I'd have logged out and turned the computer off ! lol.

It doesn't really matter? Do u like the guy? Is he gonna be easy to play if you draw him in the nxt round? Is he good and u want rid of him?

I honestly would consider all the above before any sort of maths!
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Wednesday Survivor Near Bubble Math Spot:
    I'd have logged out and turned the computer off ! lol. It doesn't really matter? Do u like the guy? Is he gonna be easy to play if you draw him in the nxt round? Is he good and u want rid of him? I honestly would consider all the above before any sort of maths!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dangerous to sit out in this one mate.  Too many tables had 6 time out folders and those blinds could creep up on you if you're not time out folding (I don't).  No opinion on the player TBH.  I just like the puzzle of the implied odds of cutting the gap to the bubble by a fifth versus the cost of calling with 72 off for a small blind when I have a BB committed.  It's at least a little mathy isn't it?
  • edited May 2011

I've seen him playing 200nl+ so wud prob call and try and get rid of him.

At almost exactly the same time, I was faced with this spot on the button........

I was probably about 50/70 with 68 seats.....this is an ez fold?

He wud hav 4 flushd me 100% !

^^Not showing my stack I had about 2.4k

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    elldixon18 Small blind  500.00 500.00 3557.50
    carnash Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 1595.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

bladeboy07 Fold     
    tonyglfc Fold     
    watpb75 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Fold     
    elldixon18 All-in  3557.50 5057.50 0.00
    carnash Fold     
    elldixon18 Show
    • K
    • K

elldixon18 Win  2000.00  2000.00
    elldixon18 Return  3057.50 0.00 5057.50
  • edited May 2011
    fold or call is fine on your hand tommy, i'd probz fold though, no need to get involved despite the v.good odds.
    Dohhhh - yeah he would have deffo 4 flushed you, it's these rigged sites ;)
  • edited May 2011

Interesting how the chat box comes into play in these tournaments Dohhh ;)

• edited May 2011
    For me these spots stop being about math.  More to to with my shove equity in all following  hands.  I likely fold on this basis, looking to recoup the 800 in short order. 
  • edited May 2011
    Insta call lol not even a debate regardless whether you like him or not

JJ i cant believe you folded that, fair play but i dont fold kings pre even in a DYM format, i can understand why obvioulsy you wanted to fold your way to the next round and not get involved or outdrawn
  • edited May 2011
    For me these spots stop being about math.  More to to with my shove equity in all following  hands.  I likely fold on this basis, looking to recoup the 800 in short order. 
    Posted by AMYBR
    Why would you fold?? we are on the big blind which is 800 and the shover has 745 am i missing somthing here?
  • edited May 2011
    The shove is 745 on top of the 400 he already has in the small blind, making it 1,145 total and we have 800 invested. 

Shoving KK in my spot wud be mental with 8/9 people under 1xbb. I think the game ended the v nxt hand.
  • edited May 2011
    oh so 345 extra sorry hand history is poor!

Still ez call really any 2 wont affect your chances at all by calling
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Wednesday Survivor Near Bubble Math Spot : Why would you fold?? we are on the big blind which is 800 and the shover has 745 am i missing somthing here?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Also thought it was 745 to call.  If 345 no brainer.  Is wednesday Suv a satellit?  Never played it.  If sat its snap call. If reg T I fold as if it were to be 745 to call, player is so short themselves that losing the equity in that hand looses much of shoving power when finding a "real hand".  3.5x bigs for opponent to call in future hands.

But if sat snap call regardless.
  • edited May 2011
    Survivor is a glorified MTT Dym effectively when they get to half the field they progress to the next day

Although you can now buy in for the next day but the cost doubles each day, £1 start, then £2 , £4 entries and so on..
  • edited May 2011
    Hm sounds interesting.  So the money just rolls into the next day?

Do you get to choose to opt out of next round, pocketing the effective dym cash?  Or does it work like a steps?  reaping a big reward at the end if you SURVIVE?
  • edited May 2011
    why in gods name would you not snap this

you are getting great odds, and risking less than 0.5BB
  • edited May 2011

threads a level [x]

• edited May 2011
    threads a level [x]
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Wasn't meant to be a level YG, just a misjudgement from me.  Thought it was more interesting than everyone else.  FWIW JJ was dead right to fold those Kings on the bubble with the short stacks in play.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Wednesday Survivor Near Bubble Math Spot : Wasn't meant to be a level YG, just a misjudgement from me.  Thought it was more interesting than everyone else.  FWIW JJ was dead right to fold those Kings on the bubble with the short stacks in play.
    Posted by TommyD
    Yeah i know he probably was just messing really, i heard you called with 27 and 4 flushed it? nh sir
  • edited May 2011

Call... obv.

Only becomes interesting if it starts to have any material impact on your stack (i.e. if you lose FE as a result, or if you drop into the bottom few stacks).