You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

thoughts on this hand please

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic

I'm already in the money in a small stakes BH here.
The villain had been raising my blind a lot and i defended this time with 23 suited because if I hit it's disguised and if I miss it's easy to muck.
Anyway, on the flop I have a pair and the flush draw and I'm pretty sure I'm ahead so shove his C-bet, my thoughts were that if he has the Q or an overpair then fair play to him.
The cards are turned over and I'm a massive fav, the villain gets lucky yet says I'm a donk.
So, I would like all thoughts on how I played the hand. Did i play it like a donk??? He can't call right?????

Small blind  400.00 400.00 26723.75
waller02 Big blind  800.00 1200.00 22736.87
  Your hole cards

devolly17 Fold     
pvdlover Fold     
MojacarGil Fold     
Raise  2000.00 3200.00 24723.75
waller02 Call  1600.00 4800.00 21136.87
Flop

• Q

Bet  4800.00 9600.00 19923.75
waller02All-in  21136.87 30736.87 0.00
 Call  16336.87 47073.74 3586.88
Show
  • A
  • K

waller02Show

Turn

River

• A

Win Pair of Aces 47073.74  50660.62

Comments

• edited May 2011
    ship it pre or let it go. After pre its good
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: thoughts on this hand please:
    ship it pre or let it go. After pre its good
    Posted by grantorino

+1 to this.

You are not deep enough to start trying to outplay someone post flop.
    And 23 isn't a hand to call hoping to hit.......

• edited May 2011
    I dont usually mess about defending with these types of cards. But i dont mind the thought process of it. If you are going to do it, do it properly pre flop and shove it. Once you hit the flop it sort of plays itself.
  • edited May 2011
    if ur not JP Kelly i'd fold pre lol

(for anyone who didnt watch ukipt on tues night he hit trip 3's or 2's on flop)
  • edited May 2011
    If he's raising your blind alot then I'm happy to go to war, but I'd prefer to be carrying a bigger gun.  No point making a stand with 3 high.

That being said if he's been raising your BB with the likes of AK.., well he's just playing ABC, but picking up strong hands unforntunately on your BB.

You pick up the best hand you really can expect on flop.  Its a big call my him but the jam makes it look like a draw.  You are huge fav tho UL.
  • edited May 2011
    If he's raising your blind alot then I'm happy to go to war, but I'd prefer to be carrying a bigger gun.  No point making a stand with 3 high. That being said if he's been raising your BB with the likes of AK.., well he's just playing ABC, but picking up strong hands unforntunately on your BB. You pick up the best hand you really can expect on flop.  Its a big call my him but the jam makes it look like a draw.  You are huge fav tho UL.
    Posted by AMYBR
    tbh i thought it was better to defend with 23 suited than say kj,kq etc.....i could easily be dominated with these hands, with 23 suited i know i have 2 live cards and flush/straight draw opportunities.
    normally i fold everytime but wanted to make a stand, like most ppl say maybe i should have folded or shoved but he would have snapped it off anyway.
  • edited May 2011
    Yeah its tempting.  Q is would you have defended with 2c3d?  Probably not.  Would have been nice for your hand to hold tho, chipalicious :p
  • edited May 2011
    Yeah its tempting.  Q is would you have defended with 2c3d?  Probably not.  Would have been nice for your hand to hold tho, chipalicious :p
    Posted by AMYBR
    no i wouldn't and 9/10 times i wouldn't defend with 23 suited either and i won't be again in a hurry!!!  lol
    I guess his constant raising tilted me a little and caused the lack of discipline
  • edited May 2011
    Snap fold pre. I probably would have ticked the check/fold button anyways.