You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

88 v shorties

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
villains all seem bad and like limping
what do I do here

grantorino

Big blind
 £0.30 £0.30 £32.20
  Your hole cards

mpRaise  £0.60 £0.90 £13.50
co Call  £0.60 £1.50 £4.37
btnRaise  £1.50 £3.00 £4.12
grantorino      

villains seem bad and like to limp

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I'd just leave table
  • edited May 2011

2 raises before you at 30nl!

Fold !
  • edited May 2011
    I'd probably just call being OOP and hope to hit a set.
  • edited May 2011
    yeah leaving table prob good

calling seems not great when im not cloing action
  • edited May 2011

Dudeeeee at the risk of falling for it.....

You are joking right???

U're either trying to get a bite, or you have mis-read the stack sizes.

We can't set mine v 14xbb stacks.
  • edited May 2011
    fold em.
    if u call and miss the set and theres overcards u'll end up folding anyway :)
  • edited May 2011
    was more interested in shoving than calling
  • edited May 2011

You could shove, but you're getting called, and rarely better than 50% if ever. 
  • edited May 2011

don't play this level but yeah fold em.
    Think you need abut 7/1 to call and set mine, don't think you got that here
    more like 4/1 if that :S

I could be really incorrect, enlighten me DOOOHHHHHH

• edited May 2011
    you don't need 7-1 you rarely ever get that in cash

Setmining is all about implied odds, so the deeper you are the better setmining is- I wouldn't setmine against anything less that 50bb effective stacks. Ofc, multiway pots are better- but you need at least one or two good deep stacks involved there.

You can't setmine against tiddly stacks, it's just not profitable. I fold this, GT- and maybe get another table. If they're raising loads though that's quite a nice spot to play a good TAG game IMO, just shame stacks are so shallow.
  • edited May 2011
    If I do decide to play it I look to make a bet that pushes out MP, but commits the other 2 shorties

I'm not a big fan of taking J's vs AK in a cash game.  This scenario not really being too dis-similar to your odds here.  The only benefit being that with the action in front your likely looking at some counterfeit paint cards.

Folding is fine, Making it £3.5-£5 is also fine IMO.  I dont think we can make it all about set mining, as your hand holds alot of strength on its own merit.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: 88 v shorties:
    you don't need 7-1 you rarely ever get that in cash Setmining is all about implied odds, so the deeper you are the better setmining is- I wouldn't setmine against anything less that 50bb effective stacks. Ofc, multiway pots are better- but you need at least one or two good deep stacks involved there. You can't setmine against tiddly stacks, it's just not profitable. I fold this, GT- and maybe get another table. If they're raising loads though that's quite a nice spot to play a good TAG game IMO, just shame stacks are so shallow.
    Posted by DeucesLive
    Well I mean you need minumum 7/1 implied odds to make the call
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: 88 v shorties:
    you don't need 7-1 you rarely ever get that in cash Setmining is all about implied odds, so the deeper you are the better setmining is- I wouldn't setmine against anything less that 50bb effective stacks. Ofc, multiway pots are better- but you need at least one or two good deep stacks involved there. You can't setmine against tiddly stacks, it's just not profitable. I fold this, GT- and maybe get another table. If they're raising loads though that's quite a nice spot to play a good TAG game IMO, just shame stacks are so shallow.
    Posted by DeucesLive
    +1 .. fold or shove, fold imo
  • edited May 2011
    ok I folded

least interesting spot ever