You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

heads up thums down

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
this is a low stakes HU, i have played the villain on a couple of occasions and i know that he can be very aggro in these possitions, however it is extremely difficult to figure out whether he is bluffing or not. I think he could have a very good draw here but i am not sure whether its worth taking a risk on this occasion.
Small blind  10.00 10.00 740.00
leon621 Big blind  20.00 30.00 1230.00
  Your hole cards

Call  10.00 40.00 730.00
leon621 Raise  80.00 120.00 1150.00
Call  80.00 200.00 650.00
Flop

• Q

leon621 Bet  150.00 350.00 1000.00
All-in  650.00 1000.00 0.00
leon621 ?????

Comments

• edited May 2011
    chances are he has a big diamond and is hoping to hit another.
    i would fold and look for a better spot.

nice play though.
  • edited May 2011
    Difficult place to be heads up. I fold this due to the fact that if he hasnt already hit then he is on a big draw. Too many cards beat you. Leave it and move on.
  • edited May 2011

i think its one of those hands which confuse me. If he has hit top pair or 2nd pair then i still have 15 outs i think and im getting the odds to call right as i have put 230 in already. If he is on a big draw such as nut flush draw then im favorite to win the hand also. So is this just a basic fold or am i really commited to make the call here

• edited May 2011

either check flop or b/c. Spot you are in now sucks, problem with the big draws is he could also have paired up but I call getting 2/1

• edited May 2011

Snap him off all day long. You're in excellent shape to kill the game with this hand. You still have 500 behind if you lose.

Also, even if he does have either a Q or the Ad, you've got either 14 outs (say 50%) or HE's the one who needs outs. The only really bad scenarios here are if he has 1. both a queen and the ace of diamonds (or 2. AKd) and surely he would've re-raised you pre with either of these hands.

Clear call.

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: heads up thums down:
    either check flop or b/c. Spot you are in now sucks, problem with the big draws is he could also have paired up but I call getting 2/1
    Posted by grantorino
    i think as played a can discard him hitting top two pair and having a high diamond as i believe most players will reraise me HU holding this. So i think if he has hit and has a high diamond then he must be holding bottom pair. Either that or he has top pair with a low kicker maybe 8 or below right.  Or am i assessing this play too much.