You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLAYING THE LATTER STAGES

edited June 2011 in Area 51
I found my biggest propblem when joining sky poker...was my own inability to know when to stop....After suffering the dreaded bad beat...I would immediately buy into the next available tourney....and continue doing this until my eyes were weeping....and the tears were very nearly rolling down my legs...(close thing on several occassions)....doing this seriously affects your mode of play...your always chasing lost funds...and will go all in on hands of dubious equity....Having cured this..with good solid..if not spectacular play...and with bowing out with grace..when beaten with simply..a better poker hand....I have arrived at my next poker problem....Last week and from thurs this week..i have averaged around 2 tourneys @night...In al but one or two i've got down to the nitty gritty and just outside the prizes.....alas!...this is the point were it's all turning pear-shaped.

I am getting hands that appear in good shape....but are continuously being torpedoed...usually by a bone crushing...soul destroying river card...in my case ..it's been a king so many times i've become a massive cromwellian...my trips are beaten by runs..my runs by flushes..and my flushes by higher flushes or better.
Any advice as to playing these latter stages would be appreciated....Should i be folding everything if in a position to reach a final table by doing so?....Should i be trying to steal more hands with weak cards...and weak communal cards?.....should i be pressurising other players with all ins pre-flop??????.......please advise all you tourney winners

Comments