You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

another omaha hand

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
i was doing all right at this omaha game following the advice of the community and then i get this hand and also get tilted. are my calls justified and have i just come up against a pair of players that just dont know how to play. The pair have just sat down and this is there first hand each i think
leon621 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £10.74
Willers Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.96
tuncuy Big blind  £0.04 £0.10 £2.96
promax Big blind  £0.04 £0.14 £2.59
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K
  • J

UveDoble Fold     
tuncuy Raise  £0.12 £0.26 £2.84
promax Raise  £0.48 £0.74 £2.11
belly1243 Fold     
leon621 Call  £0.50 £1.24 £10.24
Willers Call  £0.48 £1.72 £3.48
tuncuy Raise  £1.80 £3.52 £1.04
promax All-in  £2.11 £5.63 £0.00
leon621 Call  £2.11 £7.74 £8.13
Willers Fold     
tuncuy Call  £0.67 £8.41 £0.37
Flop

• J

leon621 Bet  £6.31 £14.72 £1.82
tuncuy All-in  £0.37 £15.09 £0.00
leon621 Unmatched bet  £5.94 £9.15 £7.76
leon621 Show
  • A
  • K
  • J

tuncuy Show
  • A
  • A

promax Show

Turn

River

promax Win Full House, 8s and 6s £7.77  £7.77
tuncuy Win Two Pairs, Aces and 6s £0.69  £0.69

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Call pre fine.  Call on flop awful am afraid bud.  TPTK is never going to be strong enough.  I very rarely call bets with less than 2pr or straight in Omaha.  Everyone can have everything :p

Best to turn your starting hand into two hands with option.  So maybe a pair and suited connectors, but alos concentrate on what your redundant cars do in terms of action blockers to the board.

To lead/call the action on the flop I'd want at least two big diamonds in my hand or a set.  TPTK is very weak here bud.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: another omaha hand:
    Call pre fine.  Call on flop awful am afraid bud.  TPTK is never going to be strong enough.  I very rarely call bets with less than 2pr or straight in Omaha.  Everyone can have everything :p Best to turn your starting hand into two hands with option.  So maybe a pair and suited connectors, but alos concentrate on what your redundant cars do in terms of action blockers to the board. To lead/call the action on the flop I'd want at least two big diamonds in my hand or a set.  TPTK is very weak here bud.
    Posted by AMYBR
    the reason for the bet on the flop was that is for only 37 pence into a pot of about £7 so im not gonna fold even though i only have one pair here. At a glance it does look like im stacking off but im really not. The main thing im concerned about is my pre flop play really
  • edited May 2011
    yep sorry bud, thought he had about £17 folding would be awful lol :p

I really didnt see the pre flop action properly here, am sorry.

Looking at it properly its a fold pre for me with all the action in front bud.  Your best hands are AcJc and 10Ko.  Nowhere near enough if you take it for granted someone is holding stregth or real strength potenial, potential being the real key. 

Promax having a pair & suited connectors, tuncuy having the A's.  But as I said in other thread, omaha really is a flop game.  I dont especially love tuncuys hand either.  Omaha should never really be a pre flop raising war.
  • edited May 2011
      Ilooked through this hand several times and just one word came to mind and that is BINGO. Of the three hands involved with all the preflop stupidity the only hand i would like to be involved with is yours. The other 2 played the hand as if it were NLHE and not PLO.  For the price involved you were right to be playing the hand to the flop but if possible try to avoid the AIPF battles and get your bets and odds right on the streets.
  • edited May 2011
    i know that i should of maybe chucked the hand away pre, i have posted 3 hands in the clinic before this and two of them i was holding KK and the other AA and both i have lost and was told that they were weak hands which i now realise. I looked at it and i had 4 very high cards close together with two being suited. I didnt want to go all in pre hence my flat calling but felt like the hand was to good to fold.
  • edited May 2011
    Its 5 bet jammed before you complete the £2.11, guy having zero fold equity.  You have to win at showdown vs 2 opponents to make money here.  Scary stuff.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: another omaha hand:
    Its 5 bet jammed before you complete the £2.11, guy having zero fold equity.  You have to win at showdown vs 2 opponents to make money here.  Scary stuff.
    Posted by AMYBR
    yeah true you make a very valid point i suppose its abit like holding a hand like JJ in holdem when someone 4 bets you and your against 2 opponents you do really have to ask yourself if its worth doing.

thanks for your advice i do believe im putting it to good use i think possibly maybe.

thanks leon