You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT around the bubble, fold tp?

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic

35 left, 30 paid.

Raised and took the blinds last hand, was getting the impression that players were aware of the bubble, so decided to open again.

The rest is history, thoughts?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
CALLANIE Small blind  300.00 300.00 8440.00
fladnag Big blind  600.00 900.00 10180.00
  Your hole cards
  • J

paddy1988 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  1271.89 2171.89 10039.50
raymon1969 Fold     
Tomsey Fold     
CALLANIE Call  971.89 3143.78 7468.11
fladnag Call  671.89 3815.67 9508.11
Flop

• J

CALLANIE Check     
fladnag Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  1767.84 5583.51 8271.66
CALLANIE All-in  7468.11 13051.62 0.00
fladnag Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Fold     
CALLANIE Muck     
CALLANIE Win  7351.35  7351.35
CALLANIE Return  5700.27 0.00 13051.62

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Yeah fairly easy laydown doh! not sure theres any need for you to even try and steal blind sas at this point? Just fold it down to the bubble, you have to chips to hold out.
  • edited May 2011
    dont fold to bubble wacko! lol easier to get chips and still around the bubble, i thought u were good :P

no history and they havent got out of line vs u i prob fold but if u think u got them to sp@zz out ez call and hold lol
  • edited May 2011
    No draws there.

The bubble isn't important to me I might add, it's £9 for an £11 entry.

I'm not ar sed about it, just got the impression they were.
  • edited May 2011
    True yg:) but dohh isnt really gaining much by raising, dohh is in a much weaker position if he loses than stronger position if he wins so it really doesnt seem worth it :) IMO of course ;)
  • edited May 2011
    no reads on villain, they is a reg no?

yeah obv we aint foldin dwn 2 d bubble, esp when u think the rest of the table r.

i probz open slightly smaller @~1255.5 afta that i dnt like foldin top pair
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: MTT around the bubble, fold tp?:
    No draws there. The bubble isn't important to me I might add, it's £9 for an £11 entry. I'm not ar sed about it, just got the impression they were.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    What did you put him on to fold? set 8's?
    Me? I'd fold pre! lol
  • edited May 2011
    no reads on villain, they is a reg no? yeah obv we aint foldin dwn 2 d bubble, esp when u think the rest of the table r. i probz open slightly smaller @~1255.5 afta that i dnt like foldin top pair
    Posted by SHANXTA
    20 chips less?????

loooool F U !
  • edited May 2011
    if we're gonna be bet/folding top pair to a jam then surely its better to check flop? 

if they are aware of u/ur tv image and have seen u raisng a lot pre, then he can def turn up with 8x/99 there.

• edited May 2011
    also what are we calling with here? QJ/KJ/AJ or are we thinking lol sets?
  • edited May 2011
    ^^^^

So u wud call it off?

I don't think bet/folding can be bad, coz I'm 3 way to the flop, I hate a million turns.

It's optimistic to think he can call with worse, but look at whats in the middle and look at my stack, I want the pot.............

Is check really an option here? coz I'd never check this ever, plz educate me.....

I know I shud be betting for value or as a bluff, but here, I cant get value, or fold out better, so what am I supposed to do????
  • edited May 2011
    If I had AJ I snap call
  • edited May 2011
    if you dont wanna be jammed on in these spots then its ok to check back, keep pot small and get value on blank cards on later streets.  i do that often.  ie last night i took a gamble with Uzi with JJ on the K 8 3 r....even tho I knew I was good 90pc of the time its one of those hands/boards where the value is thin on da flop so keep pots small and let people bluff/turn lower pairs etc

id be more inclined to call off as he can never have sets here as its a kinda dry board and surely he would want value from guy in the middle too.  personally only hands that can be beating us here are QJ/KJ.

id be putting this guy on KJ/QJ/TJ/9J/J7/QT/T9/99/8x

i dont think a folds terrible btw and prob correct a lot of the time but i dont think we're deep enough to be bet/folding top pair.  esp as we dont care about a min cash so take a gamble and get a nice big stack.

• edited May 2011

A real 50/50.  as Scotty said he could have a medium / small pocket pair - a lot of people are happy to get it in on a J high flop with an underpair - they always seem to convince themselves you must have AK or AQ

• edited May 2011
    But u were HU v uzi where a big pair is the nuts...

I'm 3 way against 2 plonkers who call with anything........

Appreciate the reply though, I'll read it a few times in't morning when I can see straight.

He said he had KJ btw.

• edited May 2011
    But u were HU v uzi where a big pair is the nuts... I'm 3 way against 2 plonkers who call with anything........ Appreciate the reply though, I'll read it a few times in't morning when I can see straight. He said he had KJ btw.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

surely this makes it more of a call as 'anything' contains far more hands than QJ/KJ/AJ.

yh obv HU is very different but the situation is kinda similar in that betting the flop for value is so thin that the best way to get value outta ur hand is by doing a check.
  • edited May 2011
    But he didn't call.....he jammed.....
  • edited May 2011
    ah yh i see what u mean!
  • edited May 2011
    ah yh i see what u mean!
    Posted by scotty77
    loooooooooooool !

Do u???

Is that sarcasm???

And if it's not.....................

..................................................What's the answer!!!?????????????? :@:
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: MTT around the bubble, fold tp? : 20 chips less????? loooool F U !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol

i think wot scotty says is an option, i dnt mind checking flop 2 get value on certain turn cards, as played thou i aint bet/foldin
  • edited May 2011
    It's fold without a read IMO, he'll turn up with 44 or 88 too often here if he's prepared to shove into two of you for his tournament.
  • edited May 2011
    I dont hate the raise but I think I just fold pre in this seat, its a rotten hand to play <20BB deep. Flop either b/c or check decide on turn. I prob just check flop and I might just fold turn often, and treat hand as a pure preflop bluff

Much prefer to resteal than open myself with those kind of stacks if dynamic permits