You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flop the world but best way forward?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Is he loose and spewy or a good lag?
Whats his range for cold calling your 3bet with a player still to act? If hes good that turn card along with him flatting flop not closing action would make me throw up a little as if you are ahead its tough getting paid

Comments

• edited June 2011
    HH: 376826075
    At first glance, this looks fantastic.
    However, this hand has been bugging me all day since it happened.  I'd appreciate all views on the best way to play the hand from the turn card.
    Vil is very loose reg player on here.

phil12uk Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £119.71 vil Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £177.20  Your hole cards K K    cazzie2412 Fold     FITF3 Raise  £4.00 £5.50 £241.09 DON_TON Fold     phil12uk Raise  £12.50 £18.00 £107.21 vil Call  £12.00 £30.00 £165.20 FITF3 Call  £9.00 £39.00 £232.09 Flop  A K A    phil12uk Bet  £16.00 £55.00 £91.21 vil Call  £16.00 £71.00 £149.20 FITF3 Fold     Turn  Q    phil12uk Bet  £25.00 £96.00 £66.21 vil Call  £25.00 £121.00 £124.20
  • edited May 2011
    Loose, spewy - any 2 suited and always on the big game on Saturday nights.

• edited May 2011

In Response to Re: Flop the world but best way forward?:
    Loose, spewy - any 2 suited and always on the big game on Saturday nights.
    Posted by phil12uk

actually if its who i think it is, he would raise  with a A so now im thinking hes mega strong here ,  now knowing the player ( i think) check call river
  • edited May 2011
    The pre flop call can mean a lot for this player.

However, after the flop and turn calls his hand range is surely becoming more magnified? 
    Also, if that's the case, is my hand then becoming less appealing - esp with Q turning too?

• edited May 2011
    Phil, i know you floped the world but the bet sizeing isnt great imo it screams strenth so i do think he has a A here, as for river i bet 60-80 ish as long as river isnt Q. if he has AQ or aces your soo unlucky.
    Posted by iBLUFF
    I would be interested to know what the optimal bet sizes would be on flop and turn for this board?
  • edited May 2011
    well in that case bet flop bigger  , and either shove turn or crai depending how likely he is to bet if we check to him.

ibluff, not sure what you are saying, if he doesnt have an A we have the nuts
  • edited May 2011
    dontIn Response to Re: Flop the world but best way forward?:
    In Response to Re: Flop the world but best way forward? : I would be interested to know what the optimal bet sizes would be on flop and turn for this board?
    Posted by phil12uk

dont mind flop bet as you keeping him in, but you neeed to get money in imo, bet about 40-50 in on turn imo
  • edited May 2011
    well in that case bet flop bigger  , and either shove turn or crai depending how likely he is to bet if we check to him. ibluff, not sure what you are saying, if he doesnt have an A we have the nuts
    Posted by grantorino

im saying that if it is who i think it is, ok hes loose but surely hes not calling flop with anything but A? and surely AQ is in his range?
  • edited May 2011
    he doesnt need to bet bigger to get stacks in he only has a half pot bet left on river. I would bet bigger anyway though
  • edited May 2011
    keep betting.  bets/stacks are fine.  only be worried about a J/T on river but w/e we can never be folding only if a Q binks river I suppose
  • edited May 2011
    Shove river. 

If he spends alot of time on washing lines, he will call from the BB with any Ax suited, no matter what the x is, and also stack off with it no probz.

• edited May 2011
    Shove river.  If he spends alot of time on washing lines, he will call from the BB with any Ax suited, no matter what the x is, and also stack off with it no probz.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Correct Sherlock :)
  • edited May 2011
    Thx for responses.  Question though......

When should the alarm bells ring on his hands?

By the turn, and the fact he's still flat calling, should we be ranging him to AA, AK, AQ or QQ.  If that's the case then I'm only ahead of QQ.

Is it way too nitty to be contemplating folding here?
  • edited May 2011
    lol at contemplating folding

LOL even more if you know who the villain is and you're contemplating folding.
  • edited May 2011
    keep betting.  bets/stacks are fine.  only be worried about a J/T on river but w/e we can never be folding only if a Q binks river I suppose
    Posted by scotty77
    Since the villain has been identified by Dohhh then any river could hit his kicker.  He's not folding though.  Shove all non-ace rivers.
  • edited May 2011
    Thx for responses.  Question though...... When should the alarm bells ring on his hands? By the turn, and the fact he's still flat calling, should we be ranging him to AA, AK, AQ or QQ.  If that's the case then I'm only ahead of QQ. Is it way too nitty to be contemplating folding here?
    Posted by phil12uk
    Completely.  You dream of this coup versus this player.  If he hits or has hit his kicker so be it.  But he really can have any Ax here and is flatting any bet all the way down.
  • edited June 2011
    I haven't played this guy that much, but from what i've seen when I do play him, I would check/call the river.

Reason for this, he could just be floating the streets hoping for a check. He is more likely to shove the river after its been checked to him with a poor hand than he is to call a big river bet.

If he has AA/AK/AQ he shoves
    If he is weak/floating he shoves

There are a lot more hands that he is light with you can induce the bluff than there are hands that beat you.
  • ybyb
    edited June 2011
    He's not floating with a random hand on an AAKQ board in a 3way 3b pot.

I think shoving is a lot better than c/cing because he may not bet Ax himself but he's definitely not folding it.
  • edited June 2011
    but this has got to be the worst flop ever to float?
  • edited June 2011
    He's not floating with a random hand on an AAKQ board in a 3way 3b pot. I think shoving is a lot better than c/cing because he may not bet Ax himself but he's definitely not folding it.
    Posted by yb
    This

This player is firmly in check call mode with his weaker aces and will call 100%.
  • edited June 2011
    Cheers guys for all the feedback. Feel better about how I played the hand and obviously the result was just a nasty cooler!
    phil12uk Small blind £0.50 £0.50 £119.71
    Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £177.20
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

cazzie2412 Fold     
    FITF3 Raise  £4.00 £5.50 £241.09
    DON_TON Fold     
    phil12uk Raise  £12.50 £18.00 £107.21
    Call  £12.00 £30.00 £165.20
    FITF3 Call  £9.00 £39.00 £232.09
    Flop

• A
    • K
    • A

phil12uk Bet  £16.00 £55.00 £91.21
    Call  £16.00 £71.00 £149.20
    FITF3 Fold     
    Turn

• Q

phil12uk Bet  £25.00 £96.00 £66.21
    Call  £25.00 £121.00 £124.20
    River

phil12uk All-in  £66.21 £187.21 £0.00
    vCall  £66.21 £253.42 £57.99
    phil12uk Show
    • K
    • K

Show
    • K
    • A

Win Full House, Aces and Kings £251.62  £309.61
  • edited June 2011
    I have had that before.  Big cooler.  Mine all went in on flop though, I am not good enough to get away from a hand like that
  • edited June 2011
    From my experience of this guy he floats pretty much every flop/turn with any2. You guys have played him more than me, but thats my experience, hense thats why i'd take that line with this particular player
  • edited June 2011
    all depends  what YOU thik his cold calllin range is and i think u played good vs villian
    i think your bets sizing is really good here and u have to shove river.. no WAY should u be c/c this river he is NEVER floatin this board EVER..!! we establshed he's A LAG id put his range on stubborn pairs and Ax .. he may call river shove gettin 3-1 with this range but will rarley bet them as ur reppin such a strong range...i think he checks behind alot .

......didnt see outcome but still think u played it right