You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WOOOOOOPS

this is the first buy in iv lost over the last 4 days which is pretty good for me, when i decided to play the hand should i have reraised pre??
and once i hit the flop was i right to go bust? player was very active with his raise button so was expecting to see Ax, flush draw or a PP, 23s was not on the list tho. lol
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Djinnrummy Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £51.50
MrMohanjie Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £39.20
  Your hole cards
  • A

BURNShurtz Call  £0.40 £1.00 £26.62
MrVHSENNA Fold     
zaynab Raise  £1.20 £2.20 £94.73
Djinnrummy Fold     
MrMohanjie Call  £0.80 £3.00 £38.40
BURNShurtz Call  £0.80 £3.80 £25.82
Flop

• A

MrMohanjie Check     
BURNShurtz Check     
zaynab Bet  £1.20 £5.00 £93.53
MrMohanjie Fold     
BURNShurtz Raise  £7.40 £12.40 £18.42
zaynab Raise  £12.40 £24.80 £81.13
BURNShurtz All-in  £18.42 £43.22 £0.00
zaynab Call  £12.22 £55.44 £68.91
BURNShurtz Show
  • A

zaynab Show

Turn

• K

River

zaynab Win Straight to the 5 £53.64  £122.55

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Bad beat yawn

FWIW pre flop if your going to play you might aswell raise, why did you limp? was it an agressive table and you didnt want to inflate the pot? wanted to get in cheap as poss?
  • edited May 2011
    buy in full.

limpcall pre is pretty bad imo. Raise or fold.

rest is a cooler
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: WOOOOOOPS:
    Bad beat yawn FWIW pre flop if your going to play you might aswell raise, why did you limp? was it an agressive table and you didnt want to inflate the pot? wanted to get in cheap as poss?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

It's not a bad beat.

Wouldn't be limp/calling pre at this level.

If you;re gonna be playing these kinda hands u need to be 100xbb+ deep
  • edited May 2011

ok its a cooler but blah blah :P

• edited May 2011
    Don't limp UTG with rag aces.
  • edited May 2011
    Bad beat yawn FWIW pre flop if your going to play you might aswell raise, why did you limp? was it an agressive table and you didnt want to inflate the pot? wanted to get in cheap as poss?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    there was alot of raising going on on, and cheap was the plan. dont understand the bad beat yawn part?
  • edited May 2011
    buy in full. limpcall pre is pretty bad imo. Raise or fold. rest is a cooler
    Posted by grantorino
    i do buyin full, so when should i top back up???
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: WOOOOOOPS : It's not a bad beat. Wouldn't be limp/calling pre at this level. If you;re gonna be playing these kinda hands u need to be 100xbb+ deep
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    it was one of those hands where i did the wrong thing but the flop gave me enough to continue. looking back over my last 4 days i can see the difference when im playing well and when im making poor choises.
  • edited May 2011
    Preflop is played like a little girl. The rest is just a cooler.
  • edited May 2011
    Preflop is played like a little girl. The rest is just a cooler.
    Posted by offshoot
    lol
  • edited May 2011
    +1 to most above, pre is bad but the rest is cooler, i like your raise on the flop.
    don't know why people constantly go on about buying in for full, their is something calling short stacking, but if you are going to play a short stack, you can't be limp calling with rag aces.
    and i always top back up when below 95BB.
  • edited May 2011
    +1 to most above, pre is bad but the rest is cooler, i like your raise on the flop. don't know why people constantly go on about buying in for full, their is something calling short stacking, but if you are going to play a short stack, you can't be limp calling with rag aces. and i always top back up when below 95BB.
    Posted by percival09
    you should be playing in the game because you have an advantage and expect to make money. If this is the case you should sit with a full stack in front of you to max the value you gain
  • edited May 2011
    i understand why to play with the full buy in, but i don't think it's necessary to comment on it when analyzing a hand, for all we know he could be a master at short stacking, obviously not when he's limping with A5 but still, all we should do is analyze how he played the hand and how he could have played it better, it's quite ignorant for people just to randomly comment saying buy in full, he's probz a recreational player and wanting a go at the higher limits!
  • edited May 2011
    he posted the hand for advice, i give him what I think is the best advice. He can do what he wants and maybe he doesnt know why he should top up. Hes playing too deep to play a shortstack strategy anyway.

He is free to buy in for whatever he likes, I think he should buy in full. its up to him what he does. Its part of what he could do differently in hand to maximise his potential profit, thats why I comment on it