You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

skypoker has created these "players"

edited June 2011 in Area 51
How else do you explain this sh*t

willox01 Small blind  30.00 30.00 2845.00 made4game Big blind  60.00 90.00 2075.00  Your hole cards Q Q    igimc Raise  180.00 270.00 1425.00 CAFU All-in  1295.00 1565.00 0.00 martinwbc Fold     baz22258 Fold     willox01 Fold     made4game Call  1235.00 2800.00 840.00 igimc All-in  1425.00 4225.00 0.00 made4game Call  310.00 4535.00 530.00 made4game Show Q 3    igimc Show Q Q    CAFU Show 9 7    Flop  3 6 3    Turn  A    River  8    made4game Win Three 3s 4535.00

Comments

• edited May 2011

Was this a low stake game, low stake players call with anything lol.

It works in my favour in cash games, as ill have aces but he'll have top pair and go all in on the flop...i win :D
  • edited May 2011

lol this is brutal.

Think the Q3 guy has started posting on the forum abit.......

Maybe he can justify his call??? ;)
  • edited May 2011
    Cant even begin to tell you what a ludicrous statement 

skypoker has created these "players"

Is.  I really cant.
  • edited May 2011
    it was an £11 BH but doesnt matter if its a freeroll it is just idiotic play
    getting rewarded so they just keep doing it
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: skypoker has created these "players":
    lol this is brutal. Think the Q3 guy has started posting on the forum abit....... Maybe he can justify his call??? ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'd love to see him try.it is un-justifiable
  • edited June 2011
    Cant even begin to tell you what a ludicrous statement  skypoker has created these "players" Is.  I really cant.
    Posted by AMYBR
    I've never actually seen you on the tables.
    Do you have any experience on skypoker?
  • edited June 2011
    lol this is brutal. Think the Q3 guy has started posting on the forum abit....... Maybe he can justify his call??? ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

He is a young guy from darn sarf, nice lad, married to Lucy Pinder, i am sure you have heard of her JJ.
       Met him at Leeds SPT where he cashed finishing about 14th i think.
       He also had a decent cash in a TV tourney just after that.
       He obviously decided to gamble for the head prize of shorty and then got a bit carried away. It happens.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: skypoker has created these "players" : I've never actually seen you on the tables. Do you have any experience on skypoker?
    Posted by igimc
    Yawn yes.

But stating that a site makes players play a certain way is ludicrous bud.  I take it you mean that they are used to getting luck so limp in, call down weak, make ridiculous allin calls to bink without thinking and expecting to improve. 

Thats poker EVERYWHERE bud.
  • edited June 2011
    He had you both covered in chips, the player with more chips usually wins
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: skypoker has created these "players" : I'd love to see him try.it is un-justifiable
    Posted by igimc
    TBF, I don't think this is 100% true. It definately looks bad and I'm not saying it's correct, but I'm not certain it's unjustifiable. This is for 2 main reasons.

The first is that I don't think the vast majority of players fully understand BH's. I here even the best MTTers on Sky say play for the win 100% and ignore the bounties completely. Something intuitively tells me this is not right. 50% of the prizepool comes from bounties. On top of this MTT structures are so top heavy and getting to the very top few places is such a rare thing. So a lot of the time you will miss bounty opportunities by playing FTW and end up with a min cash after 2-3 hours of play. I think a min cash in BHs is often less than the BI?? Yet it only takes 3 bounties to return more than your BI. Plus, you generally win loads of chips when you win these which in turn helps you in your quest for more bounties (you have more players covered) and playing FTW. Add to all this that you never really expect to be worse than 2-1 against and will often be more like 60/40 or better, then I think there must be more of a case for more or less pure gambling early on than is generally accepted.

I also understand that Howard Lederer (I think!! could be wrong here) wrote a piece once about the importance of bounties in these formats. I have never seen that as I don't play them that often but I understand that he also concluded that bounties play a bigger part than what most people think. FWIW, I think it's entirely possible that a bounty consideration could override a FTW consideration at virtually any point in a tournament.

The second reason I think it is justifiable is that he has plenty more chips than both of you and he is ahead!!! Fair enough, he's not ahead of you but then again he doesn't know you have QQ. He's ahead of the shover's range (has he seen the guy shove every hand lately??) and makes a good call so long as he thinks you will fold often (surely you will after 2 all-ins??).

Anyway, just my two pennies worth, I don't make the call with Q3 tbh.

JC
  • edited June 2011
    Is he really nailing Lucy Pinder?

And binking with Q3o....

Sick life, he definitely plays with the biggest chip rack ;)
  • edited June 2011
    Is he really nailing Lucy Pinder? Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You have a beautiful way with words DOHHHHHHH, have you tried writing poetry? :o)
  • edited June 2011
    lol at the image of tikay and orford creating bots in their basement using electricity and ether to stack good players with Q3 and get jiggy with Lucy pinder
  • edited June 2011

Here is a pretty goo explanation Igimc:

Pinder -  "Just off to bed darling, you coming??" 
    Made4game - "mmmmm let me think, oh go on then, I will just stack off with Q3!!! 

• edited June 2011
    Its a BH, whether the buy in is £2.20 or £22 theres always a few absolute morons in them
  • edited June 2011
    Here is a pretty goo explanation Igimc: Pinder -  "Just off to bed darling, you coming??"  Made4game - "mmmmm let me think, oh go on then, I will just stack off with Q3!!! 
    Posted by Patching99

LMAO
  • edited June 2011
    Here is a pretty goo explanation Igimc: Pinder -  "Just off to bed darling, you coming??"  Made4game - "mmmmm let me think, oh go on then, I will just stack off with Q3!!! 
    Posted by Patching99

Priceless   :0)