You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bounty Hunter games

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi, I would like to explore bounty hunters a bit more.

I have played a few of these cause they are the only game that gets any runners during the day and I am grinding low stake mtt on here atm to put right a few wrongs.

I am making a profit, BUT I am missing out on value.

My problem is, I don't take bounties. Yesterday I got £23 for 2nd place but didnt take a single bounty but the guy who bubbled had £18 in head prizes.
Just now, I finished 3rd, taking only one head prize and that was with 4 left.

I have tried opening my range or being more aggressive but just get eaten alive.  Those who don't know me, I am not a good player. I just have a VERY tight style that means I will make small consistant profits but rarely hit the big money.  I tried changing, it didnt work and am happy with the grind.

So, my questions:

How can I maximise head prizes
Should I stick with my game and see head prizes as a bonus
What is the best way to play Bounty hunter games

Thank You

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I too find it difficult to take bounties in these tornaments. I put this down to playing tight-aggressive. My tactic in MTTs is to wait for good pre-flop hands and then bet strong with them. Because of this I don't often get people to go broke and I don't often see a showdown.

If you are consistantly making the final table in these tournaments then it might be worth switching to freeze-outs where the prizes are bigger in relation to the buy-in as all the money goes towards the prizes for places
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah thank you.
    I do play other games mainly, it is just my s s is showing a loss on this site and pride won't let me leave it, si I am grinding.  During the day the BH games are the only ones that get any runners.  During the evening there is way too much value elsewhere, the mtt's here are pretty poor so I tend to play just the community ones as a rule