You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fun Forum Fantasy cricket comp!

edited August 2011 in Betting Chat
In Response to Fun Forum Fantasy cricket comp!:
I'm gonna enter this, which is a fiver, but Jesusdog has said he will run a table for forum peeps if you select a team and post it up here. I obviously know everything about cricket, so will win by a mile. But it will be interesting to see just how much I win by. Short notice, as it starts tomorrow, but if you wanna have a crack, here's the link... http://fantasycricket.telegraph.co.uk/county/select-team My team will be up in the morning!!!
Posted by DOHHHHHHH
i did say that, i think as it is such short notice it is fine to have entries in after the first game,given that there is no money on it...remember this is all about beating dohhhh so the more people who enter the less likely it will be that he wins......

on that note maybe dohhhhh would like a little charity bet on who finishes higher???

Comments

• edited June 2011

I'm gonna enter this, which is a fiver, but Jesusdog has said he will run a table for forum peeps if you select a team and post it up here.

I obviously know everything about cricket, so will win by a mile.

But it will be interesting to see just how much I win by.

Short notice, as it starts tomorrow, but if you wanna have a crack, here's the link...

My team will be up in the morning!!!
  • edited June 2011
    also the website you have been directed to mentions transfers,but to keep it simple and to stop my brain from bursting, transfers are not allowed in this fun forum platform..special dispensation may be granted for a long term injury to one of my players but thats it
  • edited June 2011
    count me in, gone for the 4 + 2 formation

Batsmen:

Trescothick, ME (c)
    Nash, CD
    Petersen, AN
    Di Venuto, MJ

Wicket-Keeper:

Kieswetter, C

All Rounders:

Trego, PD
    Ten Doeschate, RN

Bowlers:

Murtagh, TJ
    Andrew, GM
    Kirby, SB
    Sidebottom, RJ

no copyin dohhhhhh............
  • edited June 2011

I've just realised this link I've got isn't 20 20 specific!!!!!

I've no idea how you're gonna work it out.

But if you can still do it, and assuming we're doing it for 20 20 games only.......

J.Taylor
    R. Hamilton Brown
    O.Shah
    R.Bopara

P.Collingwood
    S.Patel

J.Foster

K.Hogg
    J.Dernback
    I.Tahir
    R.sidebottom.

• edited June 2011
    you can do it for 20/20 only.there is a part on the website that allows you to do this

my winning team is

nash
    bopara
    hamilton brown
    stevens

kieswetter

napier
    pollard

vaas
    tahir
    kartik
    briggs

by the way link to 20/20 is
    http://www.fantasycricket.telegraph.co.uk/twenty/select-team
  • edited June 2011
    Ahhhh no wonder I couldn't find half the players, I was working off the wrong F*kin link!!!!

OKAY NeW TeAM COMING SOOON 
  • edited June 2011

Denley
    Hamilton Brown
    Bopara (c)
    Taylor

Pollard
    Collingwood

Foster

Woakes
    Tahir
    Sidebottom
    Murali 

• edited June 2011
    Trescothick (c)
    Mitchell
    Stevens
    Van Jaarsveld

De Bruyn
    Pollard

Read

Henderson
    Murtagh
    Mahmood
    Keedy

• edited June 2011
    For the 20/20 competition I've created a mini league which I believe there is a cash prize for the best performing league Overall:

League Name: Sky Poker League

Pin No: 8000335

Let's all have a bit of fun with this and hopefully myself winning the lot! :))))
  • edited June 2011
    Batsmen

Loye - MB (Captain)
    Shah - OA
    Key - RWT
    Cosgrove - MJ

Wicketkeeper

Brophy - GL

Bowlers

Ashling - CP
    Brett - T
    Payne - DA
    Metters - Cl

All Rounders

Smith - GM
    Croft - SJ

• edited June 2011
    Batsmen

O Shah (C)
    M Goodwin
    R White
    R Bopara

A/R

A Suppiah
    K O'Brien

WK

S Davies

Bowlers

Murali
    J Brooks
    C Vaas
    L Tsotsobe

Can't find how to join the league though?
  • edited June 2011
    Joined the league!
  • edited June 2011
    League Name: Sky Poker League
    Pin No: 8000335
    Breakdown of all the cash prizes that you could win!
    http://fantasycricket.telegraph.co.uk/twenty/prizes/
    Once you have registered your team click on "My Leagues" or something to that nature and there should be a section entitled "Join a League" and enter the above details and you will be included in the league!........
  • edited June 2011
    Looks like an inspired last minute change to put Dimi in instead of Pollard, once I found out he will miss the first 8 group games.

Crackin hair doo too.

Where is Imran Tahir????
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Fun Forum Fantasy cricket comp!:
    Looks like an inspired last minute change to put Dimi in instead of Pollard, once I found out he will miss the first 8 group games. Crackin hair doo too. Where is Imran Tahir????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    if we all join the nleague that will obviously be much easier to manage,but if a few of you guys did not pay your 5 quid and want to do it for fun i can still put up the results on here..
  • edited June 2011
    Cricket not ma sport, but will have a go.....Now HitPup different matter, he's in too to win!!

Woof Woof !!
  • edited June 2011
    ok sry!! I may have kocked up !! LOLOL

I got 2 teams in that league,

Mine is called 'Cricket HitSquad'
    HitPups is called 'CricketS HitSquad' [LOLOL, actually think it's other way round]

Hope I aint broken any rules!!

U can pick 4 teams for a tenner, instead of 0ne for a fiver!!! Did u see that deal !!
    Team Name : Cricket HitSquad

Position Player Name County Rating  
    Batsmen  Loye, MB Northamptonshire 9 *
      Roy, JJ Surrey 8  
      Key, RWT Kent 7  
      Moore, SC Lancashire 5  
      Smith, WR Durham 3  
    Wicket-Keeper  Wilson, GC Surrey 4  
    All-Rounder  Miller, JR Hampshire 1  
    Bowlers  Batty, GJ Surrey 7  
      Southee, TG Essex 6  
      Keedy, G Lancashire 4  
      Naik, JKH Leicestershire 3  
     Total57
    Team Name : CricketS HitSquad

Position Player Name County Rating  
    Batsmen  Trescothick, ME Somerset 8 *
      Nash, CD Sussex 5  
      Stevens, DI Kent 4  
      Durston, WJ Derbyshire 3  
      Bopara, RS Essex 6  
    Wicket-Keeper  Kieswetter, C Somerset 8  
    All-Rounder  ten Doeschate, RN Essex 8  
    Bowlers  Tahir, Imran Hampshire 6  
      Murtagh, TJ Middlesex 5  
      Sidebottom, RJ Yorkshire 3  
      Briggs, DR Hampshire 2  
     Total58
  • edited June 2011
    Hitman you have certainly not broken any rules at all and having 2 teams may potentially be beneficial to all of us as the best performing league wins £500.

Should our league be the best performing and win the cash, my proposal would be the following:

i) Share 75% of the cash equally between all members that are playing in the league.
    ii) The remaining 25% is placed in a special freeroll here on Sky Poker to celebrate the victory!.

I will only put those plans into fruition on the basis that everyone playing in the league agrees to it!

• edited June 2011
    Hitman you have certainly not broken any rules at all and having 2 teams may potentially be beneficial to all of us as the best performing league wins £500. Should our league be the best performing and win the cash, my proposal would be the following: i) Share 75% of the cash equally between all members that are playing in the league. ii) The remaining 25% is placed in a special freeroll here on Sky Poker to celebrate the victory!. I will only put those plans into fruition on the basis that everyone playing in the league agrees to it!
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    Fine by me , like i say, u can get 4 credits for a tenner special!!

Also admit my selections were random after 10 mins of trying to get 'budget' rite!!
    How do you change a player without clearing the whole team !! That beat me !!
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Fun Forum Fantasy cricket comp! : Fine by me , like i say, u can get 4 credits for a tenner special!! Also admit my selections were random after 10 mins of trying to get 'budget' rite!! How do you change a player without clearing the whole team !! That beat me !!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

All you need to do is click on the make transfers bit on the page and whoever you wish to get rid of just click on their name and it was disappear and simply replace them with whoever you wish from the list of players available.

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Fun Forum Fantasy cricket comp! : All you need to do is click on the make transfers bit on the page and whoever you wish to get rid of just click on their name and it was disappear and simply replace them with whoever you wish from the list of players available.
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    DEEEERRRRRR!!! lol, No wonder they call me Simple Jack in mi house !!
  • edited June 2011
    Right I had to transfer out Tsotsobe because he has left Essex now!

Put Hoggard in instead.
  • edited June 2011
    After Week 1 here are the current standings:

CricketS HitSquad124420015802 CSI Lancashire122313417233 splishsplashsploshXI107417127834 bubbasboys106711028295 TEAM DOHHHHHHH7207148536 Cricket HitSquad6201065112

League of Leagues Position: 89th 
  • edited June 2011
    What a terrible start for me.

I just can't understand it...what's going on??????/

Think I'm gonna have a good weekend though, Johnny Bairstow to get 100 off 60 agains Lancs on Fri night.

gogogoo
  • edited June 2011
    What a terrible start for me. I just can't understand it...what's going on??????/ Think I'm gonna have a good weekend though, Johnny Bairstow to get 100 off 60 agains Lancs on Fri night. gogogoo
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;)

That is all!........
  • edited June 2011
    After it feels like Week 756 here are the current standings and no surprise really about who is top of the table:

CSI Lancashire348945621602 TEAM DOHHHHHHH347035822163 CricketS HitSquad301625935484 splishsplashsploshXI295319437125 bubbasboys291550538176 Cricket HitSquad1437155440
    League of Leagues Position: 98th
  • edited August 2011

I thought I would bump this up, as it's T20 finals today, and the competition will conclude.

After a slow start, I've cruised through the field to go into the final furlong with a healthy advantage, as you can see below.

Shocking performance from "Roy Gasson", AKA, Jesusdog. He hasn't got a clue.

Splashies goes into today with half a chance, but needs a miracle tbh.

And I'm sure CT will be disappointed with his mid-table finish, although I suspect he may be the real winner when his team, and my tip for finals day @ 3/1, Lancashire take the trophy home tonight.

What was it, 50 quid a man? And double for Hit Dogs?

Ship, Ship!

1John DeftyTEAM DOHHHHHHH76171878142Martyn BodensplishsplashsploshXI699117814223Craig TranterCSI Lancashire659814119184David HarveyCricketS HitSquad58563631265Roy Gassonbubbasboys55863135816David HarveyCricket HitSquad3381495380rf

• edited August 2011
    gg JJ....
    1John DeftyTEAM DOHHHHHHH8088471675
    2Martyn BodensplishsplashsploshXI72322411506
    3Craig TranterCSI Lancashire70624641701
    4David HarveyCricketS HitSquad60181623267
    5Roy Gassonbubbasboys5669833779
    6David HarveyCricket HitSquad3455745383