You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should I fold ace high flush?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi,

As you can see below, I flop an ace high flush. The turn pairs the board. Should I be scared and fold ? Did I make a mistake anywhere ?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancelastpoet22Small blind £0.02£0.02£8.44mikey67Big blind £0.04£0.06£1.14VK41Big blind £0.04£0.10£1.56 Your hole cards3A   stu04Call £0.04£0.14£5.16VK41Check    CtznEra5edCall £0.04£0.18£1.32DadandLadFold    lastpoet22Call £0.02£0.20£8.42mikey67Check    Flop  546   lastpoet22Check    mikey67Check    stu04Check    VK41Check    CtznEra5edCheck    Turn  6   lastpoet22Check    mikey67Bet £0.24£0.44£0.90stu04Fold    VK41Fold    CtznEra5edFold    lastpoet22Call £0.24£0.68£8.18River  3   lastpoet22Bet £0.34£1.02£7.84mikey67All-in £0.90£1.92£0.00lastpoet22Call £0.56£2.48£7.28lastpoet22Show3A   mikey67Show63   mikey67WinFull House, 6s and 3s£2.29 £2.29
Thanks,

<font

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Insta call just unlucky again.  You really ought to to take control of this pot earlier.  Your getting called pretty wide on the flop, just put some money in.

UL but in a way you let this one happen with the family pot then free card.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Should I fold ace high flush?:
    Insta call just unlucky again.  You really ought to to take control of this pot earlier.  Your getting called pretty wide on the flop, just put some money in. UL but in a way you let this one happen with the family pot then free card.
    Posted by AMYBR

The reasoning was: I got the nuts so I need to maximise the money I make. I was first to talk so I assumed with that many players behind one of them was likely to try to steal it and I could check raise.

Thanks for all your help.

Max

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Should I fold ace high flush? : The reasoning was: I got the nuts so I need to maximise the money I make. I was first to talk so I assumed with that many players behind one of them was likely to try to steal it and I could check raise. Thanks for all your help. Max
    Posted by lastpoet22
    I hear what your saying but you have this inside out bud.  Best way to maximise here is to lead out, in any poker format.  Your getting called by draws, hearts, air.  If the turn blanks they've cut their odds of improving by 50% so put some money in with the nuts while they think they can improve.  Many opponents may expect your leading out with the A or K of hearts, rather than the made hand.

The opposite happens here though bud, you let 5 people draw for free which is a recipe for disater.  The second that turn card comes off multi way I love my hand a lot lot less.
  • edited June 2011
    bet flop>>>c/r

bet turn
  • edited June 2011
    same again bet more, put him all in on turn, he'd probably call cos he'd have 2 pair, but long term this is the correct way to play.
  • edited June 2011
    I Many opponents may expect your leading out with the A or K of hearts, rather than the made hand. The opposite happens here though bud, you let 5 people draw for free which is a recipe for disater.  The second that turn card comes off multi way I love my hand a lot lot less.

It makes sense. Many thanks. 

Max

• edited June 2011
    Pre great.

Flop bet 20p.

Turn bet 80-90% of pot.

River all in.