You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

21,000 hands in 4 days @ rush poker, (@Tullfilt) oddity results.

edited June 2011 in Area 51
Been playing 6 tables of rush poker on a site 5/6hrs a night ths week.

Still compiling all the info but did notice some significant trends that I'm going to lay out now to see if its backed up by the data and HH.

These were my PERCEPTIONS at table, I want to see how the perception relates to the data when its finished.

High Pocket pairs:  Seemed to always be 1 over & 2 unders making your hand difficult to play

Allin collisions:  Frequent case of Top 2pr vs flopped set (when allin pre)

Set binking the river: I seemed to experience this far more than I'd like, really interested to see how the data backs it up.

Dominated hands getting there - Ax collosions weaker A squeking through and PP's colliding @ 82/18.

Runner runner insanity when money is in on flop:  Always feels like this happens too much, but I think we do tend to keep them in are minds more than how the standard hands play (and then are forgotten). 

Nullified flopped 2 prs and flushes/straights getting there.

I know 20,000 isnt a massive sample size but figured I'd try it anyway.  Cant do it anymore as I lie in bed unable to switch off after 5 tabling rush.

I think that the game being rush may give an unbalanced result perhaps, what do you guys think?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    what level you playing?

never played rush, but meant to be nittier afaik

why you playing  rush anyway, trying to get away from trustimg reads too much?
  • edited June 2011
    :)

Just wanted to cram as many hands in a possible, rush being best way to do it.  Kept it cheap @ 10c/25c.

Lost overall but its an intense game.  You'd think position and fishy hands would be released due to the nature of instant action but their not.  People still play badly :p

But you do have a decent portion of people that are playing their strongest hands, but folding to wet boards regardless.  Just trying to play their optimum spots.  So some are playing nittier, but for others it just gives them more opportunity to spew.  Then you have people who just jam any PP stack size regardless

Lol at the getting away from trusting reads too much.  But your right.  My game is geared towards live and I do need to focus more on EV+, am grateful to you and Lol raise for making me realise this.  It filled a few leaks.

I just wanted to challenge my own perceptions of action seen at table. 21000 hands should give me a better frame of reference to be able to do this.
  • edited June 2011
    well have you records of these hands? what do they show
  • edited June 2011
    Still sifting my way through them, dont worry will put it up as soon as its done.