You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i be folding here..?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Played this hand, and having the nut flush draw and nut straight draw i called and lost,  Was i wrong.? or should i of played it differently.?

I tried to copy and paste the hand and it didnt come out correctly.? any pointers please?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Iv had difficulty in posting the screen shot of the hand so will try and explain it..

My hole cards pre flop AS JS i raise 3 times the blind to £1.50

I am then reraies by the Button upto £5.50 which i call to see the flop.

the flop comes down QC 9S 10S  i have a nut flush draw and a possible nut straight draw..

I bet maybe to low, a bet of £2,  i am then reraised which puts me all in so considering my draws i call and lose to J9 diamonds  with pair of nines..

Apart from my flop bet beeing weak, maybe i shoudl of reraised  pre flop..?

should i of folded on the flop with the draws i had.?
  • edited June 2011
    Im guessing your short stacked then for him to shove on you, i think you have to call depending how much you have back.
  • edited June 2011
    well i have  just over the maximum buy in which was about £57 but he had around £80 ish
  • edited June 2011
    I'm snapping it off to be fair.  What hand is your opponent repping here on that board?

Worst case scenario he has JK, your still close to 40%

Your statistically beating a set.

Bet size is likely a draw.

Snapping it off in a cash game
  • edited June 2011
    preflop is probably marginal to bad without any reads (calling the reraise that is)
    flop i would either lead bigger or c/heck raise  with intention of getting it in
  • edited June 2011
    yeah i dnt like the call pre OOP, flip it around and i dnt hate it as much, as long as u can outplay oppo on some flops

whats ur reasoning behind leadin so small, what is £2 in2 ~£11 going to acheive?

flop u have 2 get monies in, i prefer a c/r, n u prob av a small amount of fold equity

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i be folding here..?:
    I'm snapping it off to be fair.  What hand is your opponent repping here on that board? Worst case scenario he has JK, your still close to 40% Your statistically beating a set. Bet size is likely a draw. Snapping it off in a cash game
    Posted by AMYBR
    im not so sure about this
  • edited June 2011
    thanks for the info and replies, 

with out doubt i think i played the hand badly, my bet size both pre flop and on the flop was wrong,  in reality actually making the call with all the outs i had im 95% certain in my own head it was right and  perhapps most people would call it 9 out of 10 times.  it wasnt like i had 100% of my bankroll in play..
  • edited June 2011
    As Js

Flop Qc 9s 10s  (QQQ - 999 - 101010)

Four 8's Four K's 6 flush cards (Ks 8s Qs deducted) 14 x 2.2 x 2 = 68%

Even shaving off 2 outs your a coinflip
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i be folding here..?:
    As Js Flop Qc 9s 10s  (QQQ - 999 - 101010) Four 8's Four K's 6 flush cards (Ks 8s Qs deducted) 14 x 2.2 x 2 = 68% Even shaving off 2 outs your a coinflip
    Posted by AMYBR
    Board: Qc 9s Ts
    Dead: 

equity     win     tie           pots won     pots tied   
    Hand 0:     39.848%      39.39%     00.45%                390             4.50   { AsJs }
    Hand 1:     60.152%      59.70%     00.45%                591             4.50   { 9c9h }

download pokerstove and run some hands through it, you will find that the 4x rule becomes pretty inaccurate at 10+ outs
  • edited June 2011
    I probably better had bud.

I looked into this after you mentioned it before.  I'm not a huge online player these days and dont use it.

Thing I have to say is that I know most poker % (or think I know them) by wrote.  Any time you see a % hand in any WSOP or EPT event the hand % are exactly where they ought to be from my understanding, 10+ or nay.

So does pokerstove supercede these, being more accurate overall?
  • edited June 2011
    fold to the 3bet pre readless

c/r flop, as played its a snapcall