You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RNG

2»

Comments

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: RNG:
    In Response to Re: RNG : Thats the thing though bud, they are intrinsically linked.  It becomes very hard to seperate these issues.
    Posted by AMYBR
    ok, to put a very simple and maybe far from perfect analogy

You go to a mechanic to get your car repaired, you find out he hasnt declared this income. How do you react?
    You go to a mechanic to get your car repaired, he puts in faulty parts. How do you react? 
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: RNG : Don't think I get you. You said you think the RNG is probably random - I just agreed and said it almost certainly is OK. :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    you obv have researched how these work, so know more about it than me

You are always hinting something is wrong with the "randomness" on this site, explain clearly what is wrong and show some evidence (assuming you are serious which I think is a massive assumption :)). Until you do this its a pointless debate imo.

gl at the tables
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: RNG : ok, to put a very simple and maybe far from perfect analogy You go to a mechanic to get your car repaired, you find out he hasnt declared this income. How do you react? You go to a mechanic to get your car repaired, he puts in faulty parts. How do you react? 
    Posted by grantorino
    Its a good argument bud.  But its a bit of an over simplification IMO.  I will think on it more though.

I fleshed out the post you responded to here.

For me its kind of a symptom of a larger problem though.  The disease being dishonesty.  But its a good analogy.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: RNG : ok, to put a very simple and maybe far from perfect analogy You go to a mechanic to get your car repaired, you find out he hasnt declared this income. How do you react? You go to a mechanic to get your car repaired, he puts in faulty parts. How do you react? 
    Posted by grantorino

Good analogy. Here's another one.

You meet the local shoplifter and convicted burglar - you going to invite him home for tea?

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: RNG : you obv have researched how these work, so know more about it than me You are always hinting something is wrong with the "randomness" on this site, explain clearly what is wrong and show some evidence (assuming you are serious which I think is a massive assumption :)). Until you do this its a pointless debate imo. gl at the tables
    Posted by grantorino

The only hint that it may not be random came from you. You said there may be flaws in the RNG. I tried to explain that there are no flaws in the RNG. 

At the beginning of the thread I gave a short explanation of how the RNG works. I've given extended explanations on other threads and had some very good discussions with various people on the subject. My concerns have been and remain that whilst the regulators are evasive regarding what software applications are in use to distribute the cards there will always be a grey area. I have also stated on many occasions that whilst the regulation of sites only goes so far as to certify the RNG then proof will probably never come to light.

If you had read the posts you would understand that.

• edited June 2011
    ok, fair enough.

Im going to assume its "fit for purpose" until I see evidence its not
  • edited July 2011
    personally i think there is no problem with the RNG , but maybe the pokersites themselves are able to view this sequences in advance, and on occasion hand out the odd  KK into AA  after a player has withdrawn maybe(seems to be common problem that people who have just withdrawn money then seem to suffer the wrong side of variance).  Also maybe they let new / bad players, win alot of hands early days, so they become hooked, or think they are better players than they actually are.

Who knows.  the debate will go on.  aslong as people are having fun or making money and there is no evidence the hands are NOT completely random ,im sure we will all continue to play this beautiful game.
  • edited July 2011
    It's fixed because sky obviously make more money that way. It's been even worse since The News of the World collapsed, Old Rupert's struggling to make ends meet.