You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1 Monkey, very well used, for sale. Likes to hang on your back.

After roughly four million attempts I have finally won the 8pm main event.

At ever loving last.  I am now level with Orford.  Whoop!

TommyD12090001£1490.40 + 160 League Pointsrortonjibe02£855.60 + 152 League PointsJibbz03£579.60 + 144 League PointsJal04£441.60 + 136 League Pointsmaxb05£386.40 + 128 League Pointswingrove1006£331.20 + 120 League Points

Comments

• edited June 2011

very well played tommy!

im made up for you!

even better, i won the mini open on the same night for like 250 quid...

I know my place lol

• edited June 2011
    LOL  Cheers mate

That's the first Spurs double for 50 years.  It's lucky for Spurs when the year ends in 1.......
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to 1 Monkey, very well used, for sale. Likes to hang on your back.:
    After roughly four million attempts I have finally won the 8pm main event. At ever loving last.  I am now level with Orford.  Whoop! TommyD 1209000 1 £1490.40 + 160 League Points rortonjibe 0 2 £855.60 + 152 League Points Jibbz 0 3 £579.60 + 144 League Points Jal 0 4 £441.60 + 136 League Points maxb 0 5 £386.40 + 128 League Points wingrove10 0 6 £331.20 + 120 League Points
    Posted by TommyD
    LOL! Very well played!
    Could I ask, you dipped out of another game (which I was watching)  to concentrate on this one.  When you left I cant rem what you said but I thought "I gotta watch this". 
    I think you were 7/17 then. Did you have an inkling that you would do well?

Pad
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: 1 Monkey, very well used, for sale. Likes to hang on your back.:
    In Response to 1 Monkey, very well used, for sale. Likes to hang on your back. : LOL! Very well played! Could I ask, you dipped out of another game (which I was watching)  to concentrate on this one.  When you left I cant rem what you said but I thought "I gotta watch this".  I think you were 7/17 then. Did you have an inkling that you would do well? Pad
    Posted by Glenelg
    Yes I was playing the forum cash game up until the last 12 or so I think.  With the run I was on I never would have an inkling it was 'my night.'  I left to single table for two reasons:

1)  I joke about the monkey on my back but in reality it was bothering me,  I have run deep a number of times and always had a blow up/cooler/bad flip.  It was firmly on my mind and I couldn't give the forum cash game the respect and concentration it deserves (straddles, special hands, the chat which I really enjoy) while worrying about the Open.  I had already missed one straddle (I'm normally one of the best in there when it comes to remembering the straddle) and I would just be ruining the game for people.

2)  Of all my deep runs, I was playing just about the worst I had ever played and still got to this stage.  I nearly missed the MTT as I was out having a drink with my father this afternoon.  I very rarely mix booze with poker as usually it never ends well.  Tonight was the exception.  I felt I needed to single table to play better.

In all honestly I had two major slices of run good with 2 tables left.  But then again I've been on the other side of it plenty as well at that stage.

So yeah, I played worse in the Open than I normally do, hit a couple of 4 outers on the river and binked it for the first time ever.

lol Donkaments.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: 1 Monkey, very well used, for sale. Likes to hang on your back.:
    So yeah, I played worse in the Open than I normally do, hit a couple of 4 outers on the river and binked it for the first time ever. lol Donkaments.
    Posted by TommyD
    Thanks for your honesty! I expected to you to say " I was in the zone!"

pad