You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tin tHrEAD.

edited June 2011 in The Shed
Hitman can have his wine thread, I'm having a tin thread!!

For the last 4 years my staple liquid diet has been cider.

Haven't had a can of lager since I drank 5 pints in half an hour and made the river Don overflow with vomit!

Just the smell of the stuff made me gip for three years......until last summer I went to Turkey on holiday and found out to my dismay that nobody in Turkey had heard of cider!!

wtf!!

Anyway after trying "a beer" I had no choice but to spend a fortnight on the top shelf. Good times.

Today sees my 2nd attempt in 4 years at getting 'off it' on lager, as I search for a change.

Beers of the world, I walk into the offy and theres hundreds of bottles of different ales/ciders/stouts/bitters etc etc.....

What do you guys reccommend??????? Any hidden gems out there????

educate DOHH.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    LOL BRILLIANT Mate!!

Cans to get off Nut, Kronenberg 1664 was a favourite !!

Now ma taste buds have matured, here's one for the lager connessoirs*,[wrong i no],......

KASTEEL CRU !!! 5.2%

bottled lager d'Alsace[from the Alsace region of France, nr Germany]

You can get a special edition at mo a ROSE' version, 5%!! It is LEDGE!!!!!
    contains elderberry & elderflower, chilled,  ledge summer BBQ drink  !!

Apparently it is brewed
     from the leftovers of Champagne or summat, there back to the Wine again!!

ENJOY!!!
  • edited June 2011
    cant beat that tennants.
  • edited June 2011
    MAGNERS LUV PAIGE XXX
  • edited June 2011
    Well it's took me 3 hours to drink 3 tins of Grolsch.

The first one was horrid.

The 2nd was ok.......I actually kinda enjoyed it.....

The third 1 was horrid again.

On the Strongies from now until I pass out!

Back to the drawing board.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Tin tHrEAD.:
    cant beat that tennants.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Glasgow Champagne...horrid stuff.
  • edited June 2011

Get on the special brew.....kidding..only drunk it once, remember it well

Wine or Guiness for me..and brandy, but we don't go there if we can help it

Used to drink cans of bass, but can't get it in Aberdeen unfortunately

Get yerself into wine ha ha
  • edited June 2011

Only ever drink lager from bottles, and always cooled in the fridge, lagers from tins are pants! One tip, always dip the bottle in cold clean water, and tins for that matter, otherwise you'll end up with a sore throat in the morning from the dust that has been building up during the storing process. Bud is a great beer, has a lovely sweet taste to it. Carlseberg export aint bad either, but avoid the other cheaper carlsebergs. Stella artois 4% aint bad, but avoid the 5.2% stuff, a bit strong for us wimps! Bud 66 is a new lager out, its slightly carbonated, its a bit like marmite, you'll either love it or hate it. Avoid most of those daft named lagers, fiddlers armpit etc, they are expensive and not very nice. If your really loaded you could go for sapiro lager, its japanese and the only lager simon cowell drinks, he gets his flown out to him! I was in japan for 18months and ASAHI is a lovely beer. Always avoid the really cheapo beers and never, ever, ever, under any circumstances drink alcohol free lagers!

• edited June 2011
    Tiger beer is a nice one apart from that 1664 as Hitman says

Could always buy loads of red bull and drink it with vodka, proper get you off your titts

• edited June 2011
    Cans of Stella, followed closely by 1664, and a big bottle of Tiger beer when you go for a curry!

Hitman - beer with fffing elderberrys wtf...
  • edited June 2011
    Preferred cider used to be 'Super Blackthorn', 8.4%.

Now I like to not completely miss the following day a couple of tins of 'Olde English' suits me just fine.
  • edited June 2011
    Preferred cider used to be 'Super Blackthorn', 8.4%. Now I like to not completely miss the following day a couple of tins of 'Olde English' suits me just fine.
    Posted by harding10
    Remember Copperhead? That was a favourite of mine in the early 90s. Lovely stuff!
  • edited June 2011
    Tried new drink today, stopped at a nice pub in Clivedon with Mrs HitWife for lunch, had this on special so i tried, it was LEDGE !! 

Don't laugh!!

Crabbes's alcoholic ginger beer !!!! give it a try DOHHHHHHHHH

ps from scotland glasgow LOL
  • edited June 2011
    Obviously dohhhhhhh is not interested in weening himself off of the cider and onto the lager, so we should all stop wasting our time giving him our lager drinking experiences, because he is just a cider junky - so f u k him lol!!!
  • edited June 2011
    lol!

I can't drink lager, I've given up altogether, never again.

But I can drink bitter/cider/real ale anything thats under 8% basically that isn't strongbow.

I've never had ginger beer...nvm alki ginger beer.........

Putting a tesco order in tomorrow so will be going thru this thread!

Deffo guna try Guinness.........
  • edited June 2011
    lol! I can't drink lager, I've given up altogether, never again. But I can drink bitter/cider/real ale anything thats under 8% basically that isn't strongbow. I've never had ginger beer...nvm alki ginger beer......... Putting a tesco order in tomorrow so will be going thru this thread! Deffo guna try Guinness.........
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Are their home delivery vans big enough to cope with your order?

I like Guinness but its not something I'd ever choose to drink at home though.

Is strongbow the only cider you drink? I'm not a fan of it but i like pretty much every other cider.
  • edited June 2011
    Yes it's the only cider I drink at home.

When in the pub I never drink anything off tap if I can help it, so buy bottles, which is normally bulmers or magners but not right bothered about suppin that at home.
  • edited June 2011
    Yes it's the only cider I drink at home. When in the pub I never drink anything off tap if I can help it, so buy bottles, which is normally bulmers or magners but not right bothered about suppin that at home.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I know it may be sacrilege, but magners pear cider aint bad!!!
  • edited June 2011
    Pear cider rocks!! tastes like cream soda to me