You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20nl. I soooo want to press cawl!!

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Min raise at turn is normally such a sign or strength from certain players that its always a worry for me.  Limps in the CO to call a raise very typical of a PP.

The shove on the river is only a monster or bluff.  He's either going for a monster value bet hoping your strong enough to call, or mins the turn to set up the river jam knowing its very unlikely you call.

Really hard to say.  I'm folding though.

Have to be honest I'm not sure I raise out of the SB with 9's with a lmper there @ nl20.  Think I just make it up and look to make a set multi way....perhaps.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    HAND ID, 378666574

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceGREGHOGG Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £39.40 eddy9 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £115.28   Your hole cards 9 9       unbpower Fold     FORDYCE Fold     arthur1965 Call  £0.20 £0.50 £38.00 DN34689 Fold     GREGHOGG Raise  £0.80 £1.30 £38.60 eddy9 Fold     arthur1965 Call  £0.70 £2.00 £37.30 Flop    2 2 8       GREGHOGG Bet  £1.40 £3.40 £37.20 arthur1965 Call  £1.40 £4.80 £35.90 Turn    6       GREGHOGG Bet  £2.60 £7.40 £34.60 arthur1965 Raise  £5.20 £12.60 £30.70 GREGHOGG Call  £2.60 £15.20 £32.00 River    6       GREGHOGG Check     arthur1965 All-in  £30.70 £45.90 £0.00 GREGHOGG Fold    
    I really do not understand the villains line here at all. He is a regular at 20nl and i have played many pots with him before. I have seen him try to bluff people off before but he has never done it with me, and has always shown down big hands vs me historically. villain does like to play lots of hands and he does limp call with a wide range.

I flat the turn to try to keep the pot under control and im prepared to call a reasonable bet on the river. But when he jams should i just call thinking he is bluffing me? what on earth could he have? 88? not a lot makes sense. maybe hes got 68s? some sort of wierd flush. If its a shove for value he obv thinks i cant fold hands like ive got! which makes me think he is bluffin me.... aaaaaaarghhhh

anyway comments please, and be nice. I folded as usual lol

• ybyb
    edited June 2011
    I'd bet a bit bigger on the turn, other than that played fine imo.
  • edited June 2011
    he's never bluffin, he has minimum A2 maybe 88 and is goin for last 2 steets for action because his hand is too strong to raise flop.. he's hoping u call with a flush.. 

and its too nitty to set mine to 1 limper, loosin too much value from 99 imo
  • edited June 2011
    Defo bet bigger on turn, at least £3.50, when raised on turn I have to admit I'd be a little concerned and probably just call like you.

River shove is either massive or air so just gotta use your reads really, I'm also very tight so would fold there too lol.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to 20nl. I soooo want to press cawl!!:
    HAND ID, 378666574 Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance GREGHOGG Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £39.40 eddy9 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £115.28   Your hole cards 9 9       unbpower Fold         FORDYCE Fold         arthur1965 Call   £0.20 £0.50 £38.00 DN34689 Fold         GREGHOGG Raise   £0.80 £1.30 £38.60 eddy9 Fold         arthur1965 Call   £0.70 £2.00 £37.30 Flop     2 2 8       GREGHOGG Bet   £1.40 £3.40 £37.20 arthur1965 Call   £1.40 £4.80 £35.90 Turn     6       GREGHOGG Bet   £2.60 £7.40 £34.60 arthur1965 Raise   £5.20 £12.60 £30.70 GREGHOGG Call   £2.60 £15.20 £32.00 River     6       GREGHOGG Check         arthur1965 All-in   £30.70 £45.90 £0.00 GREGHOGG Fold       I really do not understand the villains line here at all. He is a regular at 20nl and i have played many pots with him before. I have seen him try to bluff people off before but he has never done it with me, and has always shown down big hands vs me historically. villain does like to play lots of hands and he does limp call with a wide range. I flat the turn to try to keep the pot under control and im prepared to call a reasonable bet on the river. But when he jams should i just call thinking he is bluffing me? what on earth could he have? 88? not a lot makes sense. maybe hes got 68s? some sort of wierd flush. If its a shove for value he obv thinks i cant fold hands like ive got! which makes me think he is bluffin me.... aaaaaaarghhhh anyway comments please, and be nice. I folded as usual lol
    Posted by GREGHOGG
     my thoughts were that  he made a set of 2s the way he called the pre 
    and flatted the flop, by the turn  card he knew he was in front, hence the raise.for me it was a good fold
  • edited June 2011
    in my experiance this play usually always is the nuts.
  • edited June 2011
  • edited June 2011

snapfold readless

There are some guys I'd check turn to with intention of calling down, as played I'd consider folding to turn raise, but you played it fine. Its pretty hard get 3 streets from your hand though and you are very vunerable to being bluffed oop this deep. Doubt this guy knows to exploit this though

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: 20nl. I soooo want to press cawl!!:
    snapfold readless There are some guys I'd check turn to with intention of calling down, as played I'd consider folding to turn raise, but you played it fine. Its pretty hard get 3 streets from your hand though and you are very vunerable to being bluffed oop this deep. Doubt this guy knows to exploit this though
    Posted by grantorino
    On this occasion, i was paranoid that he did, and if he outplayed me so be it and wd him. My instinct said call, but my head eventually said fold.

This is one i hope is shown on the poker clinic show, because I really want to know if my instinct was right. Or, if in fact, he did lose value with the nuts.

I agree that i should bet more on the turn. Maybe he saw this as weak and did a min raise bluff to set up the shove. Like i say, he has done this before I have seen him! Just not vs me.

I also am not limping pre, because otherwise im losing value from the 99. On this occasion i got a good flop for 9s and then got some resistance!

• edited June 2011
    u are givin villian too much credit..!! i very much doubt he is goin to be thinkin about his river play, on the turn.. if u did call it would jus be urself levelin urself into a bad call.. he's not settin up a river bluff after min raisin turn..

jus get on with next hand and stack them in a better spot..! 
  • edited June 2011
    This guy is the biggest fish ever who seems to play quite regulary, i saw him bluff £35 into a £5 pot yday with q8 on a 37taj board or smth like that, he could have any 2 cards imo
  • edited June 2011
    This guy is the biggest fish ever who seems to play quite regulary, i saw him bluff £35 into a £5 pot yday with q8 on a 37taj board or smth like that, he could have any 2 cards imo
    Posted by CrazyBen23

This does not surprise me, ive seem him do odd things too, which is why i wanted to press cawl!

• edited June 2011
    There is also an arthur1964, doing quite well in the SundayRoller.

I know i've played against one if not both and he tried bluffing against me twice when I had the absolute nuts, which was nice.

Not sure I could call here tbh even if I know he could have any two cards.

There's way too many hands beating you.
  • edited June 2011
    There is also an arthur1964, doing quite well in the SundayRoller.
    He just stacked off a9 on a ak6 board after limping in and then min raising the flop and getting it in. Just cos hes playing a big tournment does not mean hes good
  • edited June 2011
    I think thats a dif person or he has 2 accs actually cos the 64 one has 11k league points and other has 300 altogether, oh well it looks like their awful together
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: 20nl. I soooo want to press cawl!! : He just stacked off a9 on a ak6 board after limping in and then min raising the flop and getting it in. Just cos hes playing a big tournment does not mean hes good
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    I didn't say he was good, just said he was doing well in it at the time I was posting that reply.