You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

just pay to play

edited June 2011 in Area 51
right....your down to 7th....just outside the money.....bang!.....Ace King (surprise surprise)....the hand you can't fold.....  Even though you know....without doubt....there's 2 Ace's waiting for you with the sky player across the table....... How do you know?......because the same thing is continually happening to you time after time..after tiimmee...(trailing off there for dramatic effect)....but your always thinking...it's not possible that i could be caught again...by the same hand...for the umpteenth time.noooo...not in so short a time period.....LOL...your playing a computor which randomly generates numbers for players its not making any money off... I've just decided that i'm willing to pay to play poker with absolutely no chance of ever winning...which proves how successful these sites are...because that's what there programmed to do to you....

Comments

• edited June 2011

why play here if you dont think you get a fair game?

• edited June 2011
    Ive never had AK V AA on this site(that i can remember).

i normally lose ak to small pp's lol.

+1 on what grantorino said though
  • edited June 2011
    Post the hands as proof.

You probably had 1.5 big blinds or something.
  • edited June 2011
    Fold pre then if you know you're going to lose all of the time with A/K.

• edited June 2011
    In Response to just pay to play:
    right....your down to 7th....just outside the money.....bang!.....Ace King (surprise surprise)....the hand you can't fold.....  Even though you know....without doubt....there's 2 Ace's waiting for you with the sky player across the table....... How do you know?......because the same thing is continually happening to you time after time..after tiimmee...(trailing off there for dramatic effect)....but your always thinking...it's not possible that i could be caught again...by the same hand...for the umpteenth time.noooo...not in so short a time period.....LOL...your playing a computor which randomly generates numbers for players its not making any money off... I've just decided that i'm willing to pay to play poker with absolutely no chance of ever winning...which proves how successful these sites are...because that's what there programmed to do to you....
    Posted by edge215
    you can easily fold AK if....

1) you have a bad feeling
    2) like me not a big fan of the hand
    3) have at least an average or above average stack
    4) you clearly know 'AA is waiting for you'

you don't always have to get all your chips in with AK cause its the right thing to do take a leaf out of allen kesslers book he can fold AA pre lol

Disclaimer: the thing about Allen Kessler is not a lie
  • edited June 2011
    Barry greinstein also did it in day 1 of wsop ME, simply to demonstrate that his cards dont dictate his play. 

• edited June 2011
    i love poker.... and will continue to play....i am still getting far enough into the toruneys to enjoy the run....and at 2.30 or a fiver for an hour and a half or two hours of play..isnt bad....and there is absolutely no chance of me leaving sky......as i've already stated.....i've tried several sites....and sky is diffinitely the best i've played...especially in terms of promotions...and choice of game......Also...now and then you get thrown a bone...slobber! slobber!........By the way......i mainly play tourneys....so i mainly talk about tourneys......I wouldnt put anybody of cash games.....which i freely admit to winning a few pound on occassion.....and i also freely admit....that most of my bad beats are due to...overplay...bad timing...great disguise by an opponent... a lapse in judgement.......or a kneejerk reaction...(much like anything i post afterward)....and when i said i got beat with AK......i think i also called it the unfoldable hand...it is....i did not say i always get beat with AK...only the important one's....lol

We've also got to factor in the quality of players.....its just so hard to outplay hundreds of good solid playas these days.....you still get those that think a bet will continuously steal the hand...(god bless them)... but most playas are far too smart to get caught by this tactic now...though we all know there will be times when it is the only way we can win a pot we've invested too much in...and it still should be part of everyones game..though used sparingly...and disguised perfectly....looking forward to a game tonite...and win lose or draw...i hope i get a long run...as i hope you all get a long run....but please....bot at my expense....lol....gl
  • edited June 2011
    ps.    delaney09.....kessler needs his head examined.....lol
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: just pay to play:
    ps.    delaney09.....kessler needs his head examined.....lol
    Posted by edge215
    lol i wont disagree with that...... guy is a structure and min cash nit (hence the fold of AA lol)
  • edited June 2011
    i love poker.... and will continue to play....i am still getting far enough into the toruneys to enjoy the run....and at 2.30 or a fiver for an hour and a half or two hours of play..isnt bad....and there is absolutely no chance of me leaving sky......as i've already stated.....i've tried several sites....and sky is diffinitely the best i've played...especially in terms of promotions...and choice of game......Also...now and then you get thrown a bone...slobber! slobber!........By the way......i mainly play tourneys....so i mainly talk about tourneys......I wouldnt put anybody of cash games.....which i freely admit to winning a few pound on occassion.....and i also freely admit....that most of my bad beats are due to...overplay...bad timing...great disguise by an opponent... a lapse in judgement.......or a kneejerk reaction...(much like anything i post afterward)....and when i said i got beat with AK......i think i also called it the unfoldable hand...it is....i did not say i always get beat with AK...only the important one's....lol We've also got to factor in the quality of players.....its just so hard to outplay hundreds of good solid playas these days.....you still get those that think a bet will continuously steal the hand...(god bless them)... but most playas are far too smart to get caught by this tactic now...though we all know there will be times when it is the only way we can win a pot we've invested too much in...and it still should be part of everyones game..though used sparingly...and disguised perfectly....looking forward to a game tonite...and win lose or draw...i hope i get a long run...as i hope you all get a long run....but please....bot at my expense....lol....gl
    Posted by edge215
    you should easily be able to fold ak (ace high) preflop depending on your stack,position in tourny etc, it amazes me how often players will call all in with ak after 2 or 3 all ins before him/her.

you say you are getting quite deep in tourny's and enjoy the game so you must have a steady game,but we will always get dissapointed when we have a good run only to get knocked out with a decent hand.

i have lost count of the times i have said"if only that last hand held up"

gl at the tables.....dave
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to just pay to play : you can easily fold AK if.... 1) you have a bad feeling 2) like me not a big fan of the hand 3) have at least an average or above average stack 4) you clearly know 'AA is waiting for you' you don't always have to get all your chips in with AK cause its the right thing to do take a leaf out of allen kesslers book he can fold AA pre lol Disclaimer: the thing about Allen Kessler is not a lie
    Posted by delaney09
    nice advice delaney05......folding quite a few hands i wouldnt normally....and from what i could see of the hands that played out.....lots of right decisions.....mucho appreciated
  • edited June 2011
    out early in survivor.....just couldn't catch a hand...took a 50/50 opponent didn't have a bigger straight...and guessed wrong......but i'll defo buy in again while its cheap...had a great run last week......and this is a great competition...

2hrs 4omins at deep stack....delighted...but no better off....cant play the big blinds at all....think i'm folding wrong hands and playing wrong hands...or does the sweaty palms...engorged adams apple....and a throat like a well wore flipflop..mean.....
    A.).....the panic's setting in
    B.).....the blinds are big...i'm busting for the toilet... and the next breaks 35mins away..or
    C.).....i've too much space in the underwear department due to evacuation
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: just pay to play : you should easily be able to fold ak (ace high) preflop depending on your stack,position in tourny etc, it amazes me how often players will call all in with ak after 2 or 3 all ins before him/her. you say you are getting quite deep in tourny's and enjoy the game so you must have a steady game,but we will always get dissapointed when we have a good run only to get knocked out with a decent hand. i have lost count of the times i have said"if only that last hand held up" gl at the tables.....dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Very wise DAVEYZZ....humbled by your experience...and an obvious truth.....just ranting at my own inconsistencies....sometimes your just not in the mood for poker...and it certainly reflects in my game....love the game.......gl dude