You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

tournament

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
you have poket aa,after flop he has 1 for flush two cards to come   2/1 odds,and you know this.He goes all in which means you are all in also.your tournament on the line and it has just started,you know he is not a top player,so do you risk the whole tournement on a 1/2 shot or fold and hope to catch him later

Comments

• edited June 2011
    you mean he has four to the flush off the flop, you holding A's.  The answers in the Q bud  64/36 in your favour.

But I know what you mean.  Sometimes its grim to fade the bink.  I just run the numbers bud.  Look at pot stacks odds.  If its hugely disproportiante (like 200 in pot and call is 2900 off the flop) then an argument could be made for folding.  But if you know he's on the draw there I thnk you have to grit your teeth, make "HOLD" be your mantra Hevad Khan style and pray for the early double through for good position.

I take it you called and lost though :p
  • edited June 2011
    dont fold. 2/1 is a huge edge
  • edited June 2011
    depends on tournament structure
  • edited June 2011
    An easy yes for me in nearly all situations, I might consider folding in a deep stack with a buy-in above my comfort level.
  • edited June 2011
    lol similar to one i just posted but mine was vs good player so felt had to go for it :(
  • edited June 2011

Very interesting spot this Andrew, i had a similar hand discussed by TK and JH a couple of months ago. The replies from everyone where the same CALL. However i am inclined to disagree in certain situations, especially early in a tournament.
  • edited June 2011
    wow ye guys must be superb to pass up 2/1 edges
  • edited June 2011
    If there are say 100 players, let's say for instance you have a 1 in 50 chance of winning. If you double up, your chances of winning may be, what, 1 in 40 at best? Your odds of winning if you lose is clearly zero.
    Clear fold.

In a 6-seater SnG it's a clear call.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: tournament:
    If there are say 100 players, let's say for instance you have a 1 in 50 chance of winning. If you double up, your chances of winning may be, what, 1 in 40 at best? Your odds of winning if you lose is clearly zero. Clear fold. In a 6-seater SnG it's a clear call.
    Posted by BigBluster
    while that all sounds logical written like that how far do we take this kind of thinking? What hands do we get it in with? Or do you just never get all in at this stage?

How do we intend to build a stack?

When do we change tactics?

I cant see how we win the tournament without getting money in in these kind of spots
  • edited June 2011

Like the op needs advice lol

I thought it was 6/4 not 2-1..... correct me if I'm wrong