You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL200 Line check (mainly river bet sizing please)

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Been out for a few hours at a localish cash game

10 handed £1/£2.  £200 max £20min

I buy in for the max and have been running pretty well.  Am up to a little less than £600 in two hours.  But there's some real donuts playing.  I've been making alot of nut hands and overbetting + have been able to apply alot of pressure in soft spots with the solid stack.  But also showed a few silly bluffs early, so my image is very loose on this occassion.  I think they had me for uber aggression, firing into alot of pots, without really realising my hand strengths and how well I'd been connecting.  I'd won more than my fair amount of pots uncontested and I'm pretty sure the majority of the table just figured I was playing loose anf fast.

Anywho the hand. 

CO raises to £7, I find 4s4c in the SB, BB also calls.  CO has around £270, BB £160 ish

£21 pot flop Jh4h7c.  I always like to lead when I'm this strong, but in combination with image it would have been abnormal for me to check.  They've both got decent stacks so fire £15, hoping I get played back at with (a) J.  They both flat call.

£66 pot Jh4h7c  4d.  Beautiful card.  Been awhile since I made quads.  Just have to figure on a bet size that gets called.  Feel like theres a Heart flush draw out there but beyond this I cant really say.  I go for a half pot bet (£30), hoping to keep one of them in the hand, or to get raised.  Again they both call.

£156 pot Jh4h7c  4d  Ah.  I feel like this has to be the best card in the deck for me.  Fills the flush + should hit one of their ranges.  Initial pre flop raiser has about £220 back, BB £110.

Typing this I feel like I should perhaps have made it £45 at turn, enabling a standard pot committing bet on river, but with the paired board I dont think too many people are going to be happy to draw to a flush or float here.

I really feel like one of these guys has made a flush and I'm going to get played back at, paired board regardless.  So make it £65, fully expecting to get jammed on by one of them.  Their hands instantly hit the muck.  No idea what they had.

It is pretty hard to get paid with Quads but do you take any significantly different line here?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    In Response to NL200 Line check (mainly river bet sizing please):
    Been out for a few hours at a localish cash game 10 handed £1/£2.  £200 max £20min I buy in for the max and have been running pretty well.  Am up to a little less than £600 in two hours.  But there's some real donuts playing.  I've been making alot of nut hands and overbetting + have been able to apply alot of pressure in soft spots with the solid stack.  But also showed a few silly bluffs early, so my image is very loose on this occassion.  I think they had me for uber aggression, firing into alot of pots, without really realising my hand strengths and how well I'd been connecting.  I'd won more than my fair amount of pots uncontested and I'm pretty sure the majority of the table just figured I was playing loose anf fast. Anywho the hand.  CO raises to £7, I find 4s4c in the SB, BB also calls.  CO has around £270, BB £160 ish £21 pot flop Jh4h7c .  I always like to lead when I'm this strong, but in combination with image it would have been abnormal for me to check.  They've both got decent stacks so fire £15, hoping I get played back at with (a) J.  They both flat call. £66 pot Jh4h7c  4d .  Beautiful card.  Been awhile since I made quads.  Just have to figure on a bet size that gets called.  Feel like theres a Heart flush draw out there but beyond this I cant really say.  I go for a half pot bet (£30), hoping to keep one of them in the hand, or to get raised.  Again they both call. £156 pot Jh4h7c  4d  Ah .  I feel like this has to be the best card in the deck for me.  Fills the flush + should hit one of their ranges.  Initial pre flop raiser has about £220 back, BB £110. Typing this I feel like I should perhaps have made it £45 at turn, enabling a standard pot committing bet on river, but with the paired board I dont think too many people are going to be happy to draw to a flush or float here. I really feel like one of these guys has made a flush and I'm going to get played back at, paired board regardless.  So make it £65, fully expecting to get jammed on by one of them.  Their hands instantly hit the muck.  No idea what they had. It is pretty hard to get paid with Quads but do you take any significantly different line here?
    Posted by AMYBR
    shocked by this tbf.  do you ever lose live lol.

will read the hand later :p
  • edited June 2011
    I prefer c/r flop, if you lead lots donk is prob fine

bet at least 50 on turn, live donks dont fold draws here

as played with your image I am just shoving river.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: NL200 Line check (mainly river bet sizing please):
    In Response to NL200 Line check (mainly river bet sizing please) : shocked by this tbf.  do you ever lose live lol. will read the hand later :p
    Posted by scotty77
    Hell yes, I've been running horrificly for the last few weeks, havent been able to win a pot and lost a pretty significant amount of money.

Had a decent MTT cash and won around 5BI's last night so hopfully its turning around now.
  • edited June 2011
    looks like u got max value from 2 fish..! not sure wot they have other than JQ JK type hands only other play would be to c/raise flop and try to induce a donkey shove that way with ur image.. 

i think u got max value the way u played it tho
  • edited June 2011
    Am not a huge fan of the c/r but I think that it might have been put to good use here, as a couple of you have said.