You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Yes or No?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
 Hand in the DTD last night (£2.20 DS). Currently 30th out of 86 (starting field 144). Im in Top 10 on other DS & above average in TOT. Hugh prize for the last longer comp for all 3 tourneys (£110 Sky Roller entry - Tks Sky!).

Oppo has been very aggro - seen a couple of 3 bets pre with QJo etc & generally playing 80% of hands would u call the shove?
Hand ID: 379400512
freechips1 Small blind  100.00 100.00 9607.50
GREGHOGG Big blind  200.00 300.00 5530.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

S-Kamalot Raise  600.00 900.00 3287.50
XX All-in  8483.75 9383.75 0.00
Ploppy33 All-in  7946.25 17330.00 0.00
freechips1 Fold     
GREGHOGG Fold     
S-Kamalot Fold     
XX Unmatched bet  537.50 16792.50 537.50
XX Show
  • ?

Ploppy33 Show
  • A
  • K

Flop

Turn

River

XX Win ?? 16792.50  17330.00

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Nope i wudnt of called. the blinds are still low compared to chip stack (40bb's) with ace king uno its going to be a race , i figured xx had a pp maybe queens?

what card did villain have?
  • edited June 2011
    Would be very player and situation dependant for me.  Given what you say I'm happy to get it in and flip for a big pot.  He's isolated the pot for you, your flipping at worst, more than likely have him crushed.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Yes or No?:
    Nope i wudnt of called. the blinds are still low compared to chip stack (40bb's) with ace king uno its going to be a race , i figured xx had a pp maybe queens? what card did villain have?
    Posted by Crunchybob
    KK
  • edited June 2011
    Think the guy who makes the initial raise is important.....

The guy who jams could be doing so due to a read on the initial raiser, so figuring out what he thinks of the initial raiser can give you some clues as to how strong your hand is here.

Any observations on kamalot?

If not, I'm just getting it in.
  • edited June 2011
    Its a good use of image by him, but its immaterial really, no real diff if he holds 5's (if he were holding Q's or lower).  Am happy with the race.

I doubt he's going to take his foot off the gas so your going to have to make a stand at some point, happy enough to do it there
  • edited June 2011
    the shove by the player who you said had KK is pretty awful imo 42bb deep and just insta jamming its like he just did not even want to see a flop and be happy to take down the 900 chips... when you say hes been really aggro with hads like QJ and playing 80% of hands as much as i hate AK even i am calling this probably as he is can be doing that with a lot worse if he has previous with OR
  • edited June 2011
    xx played pretty bad then, still with so much poker left to pay and bein so deep, its clear to me his holding a high pp(as his not shoving otherwise), and in this instance i wudnt wanna risk my tournament life over a race.

I dont understand why ppl see ak and feel the need to get it all in...statistically even 22 is ahead.
  • edited June 2011
  • edited June 2011
    unless utg is a huge nit, or you have a specific read on villains betsizing this is an easy call