You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RNG vs Fish

edited June 2011 in Area 51
i have allways played on this site until about 4 or 5 days ago. I started to play on another site mainly single tabling. On this other site i have been battering it and up about 20x my starting balence. In that time i have had more quads than i have ever been on here and even on the 1st day i flopped a straight flush. I also think that the standard of poker is alot better or maybe tighter. Im never sure as to whether there is a RNG problem but i am starting to think that the reason people think that there may be an issue with this site is because this site harbours alot of fish and when they hit it damages you. I am not profitable on this site and i think the fish make me lean more than pisa tower.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    In Response to RNG vs Fish:
    i have allways played on this site until about 4 or 5 days ago. I started to play on another site mainly single tabling. On this other site i have been battering it and up about 20x my starting balence. In that time i have had more quads than i have ever been on here and even on the 1st day i flopped a straight flush. I also think that the standard of poker is alot better or maybe tighter. Im never sure as to whether there is a RNG problem but i am starting to think that the reason people think that there may be an issue with this site is because this site harbours alot of fish and when they hit it damages you. I am not profitable on this site and i think the fish make me lean more than pisa tower.
    Posted by leon621

Definitely Team51 potential  :o
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: RNG vs Fish:
    In Response to RNG vs Fish : Definitely Team51 potential  :o
    Posted by elsadog
    team 51 for the bottom 10 places in a tour, i would love to be in it all the same LQ
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to RNG vs Fish:
    Posted by leon621
    lol so u have been single tabling but playin against better players yet u have made a huge profit. 

this jus means u have been runnin super hot, u even say this urself as uv hit quads several times + a straight flush, u think this is normal, and yet u query the RNG on here, that is pretty comical

maybe this new site sees u as the fish and wants 2 keep u!
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: RNG vs Fish : team 51 for the bottom 10 places in a tour, i would love to be in it all the same LQ
    Posted by leon621

You're in Leon

• edited June 2011
    new players to new sites always run hot, ITS DA LAW!!!
  • edited June 2011
    new players to new sites always run hot, ITS DA LAW of Random!!!
    Posted by pod1
    FYP
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to RNG vs Fish : lol so u have been single tabling but playin against better players yet u have made a huge profit.  this jus means u have been runnin super hot, u even say this urself as uv hit quads several times + a straight flush, u think this is normal, and yet u query the RNG on here, that is pretty comical maybe this new site sees u as the fish and wants 2 keep u!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Shanxta please read the post again. Who questions the RNG again.

Please highlight where i do this
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by pod1

Love it or hate it, there is truth to this
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by pod1
    i am loving this and to be honest i dont think its the RNG but because im new to the site i have seriously tightened my range and may be playing much better, I have adapted greghogg style of play. I have said i have hit quads and a straight flush but i have not really got much value from these.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: RNG vs Fish : i am loving this and to be honest i dont think its the RNG but because im new to the site i have seriously tightened my range and may be playing much better, I have adapted greghogg style of play. I have said i have hit quads and a straight flush but i have not really got much value from these.
    Posted by leon621

NURSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edited June 2011
    does anyone know if shan has found his reading glasses yet
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by pod1
    Jeez I must really suck at the game then cos I didn't.....I have worked REAL hard for every chip i lost....and now ffs I am spending more time reading posts here than playin......still  at least I don't lose money thata way...lol
  • edited June 2011
    The cards on this site are not generated by RNG, it is the hands which are generated by RNG, the cards are predetermined and set up in a way which will encourage bets calls and raises, the more bets calls and raises, the more rake goes to skypoker.

I thought sky was a really cool player friendly until I worked out this obvious scam.