You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wow i could of been in trouble here.

edited June 2011 in Area 51

Normally would of shoved the 10's here, but my Jedi powers told me not to...
cassielou Small blind   100.00 100.00 2205.00
jackd86 Big blind   200.00 300.00 2457.50
  Your hole cards

ginjer Call   200.00 500.00 1770.00
TOPCAT49 Fold        
Crunchybob Raise   400.00 900.00 2075.00
cassielou Fold        
jackd86 All-in   2457.50 3357.50 0.00
ginjer All-in   1770.00 5127.50 0.00
Crunchybob Fold        
jackd86 Unmatched bet   687.50 4440.00 687.50
jackd86 Show
  • A
  • A

ginjer Show

Flop

• K

Turn

River

• A

jackd86 Win Full House, Aces and 4s 4440.00   5127.50

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I wudda shoved initially after the limper.

This is a case of running good by playing bad imo ;) lol

• edited June 2011

I know i suck right...

i would of got excited on the turn for nothing lol
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Wow i could of been in trouble here.:
    I know i suck right... i would of got excited on the turn for nothing lol
    Posted by Crunchybob

actually you have played well, to call two all ins with 10 10 is very brave,to make the call you have to have  both players covered by a substantial margin
  • edited June 2011
    Shouldn't have been in the position to have to call or fold. 

The lmpers range is weak, we are well ahead of it, there is 500 in the middle which equates to a significant 20% stack increase.

We have a perfect 12xbb shoving stack to sweep up the dead money in the hand, folding out flips such as JQ, KQ, which hold good equity against our hand if the limper decides to peel a flop, which he would do 100% to a min raise. 

Ship it there n then! Hold v the 9's and double up, easy peasy.

Made abit of a mess of the hand and got lucky. 

Run good brag! ;-)
  • edited June 2011
    Shouldn't have been in the position to have to call or fold.  The lmpers range is weak, we are well ahead of it, there is 500 in the middle which equates to a significant 20% stack increase. We have a perfect 12xbb shoving stack to sweep up the dead money in the hand, folding out flips such as JQ, KQ, which hold good equity against our hand if the limper decides to peel a flop, which he would do 100% to a min raise.  Ship it there n then! Hold v the 9's and double up, easy peasy. Made abit of a mess of the hand and got lucky.  Run good brag! ;-)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I said i would normally shove it, but in this case i had a feeling i would be beaten, if i'd of shoved i would of busto and not cashed :)
  • edited June 2011
    Shouldn't have been in the position to have to call or fold.  The lmpers range is weak, we are well ahead of it, there is 500 in the middle which equates to a significant 20% stack increase. We have a perfect 12xbb shoving stack to sweep up the dead money in the hand, folding out flips such as JQ, KQ, which hold good equity against our hand if the limper decides to peel a flop, which he would do 100% to a min raise.  Ship it there n then! Hold v the 9's and double up, easy peasy. Made abit of a mess of the hand and got lucky.  Run good brag! ;-)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

that is probably the worst bit of advice on  i have ever heard.How u going to fold out AA?
  • edited June 2011
    We don't know he has AA at the time obv.

You have to assume the BB has 2 random cards. He's a 200/1+ shot to have AA

Or are you that good you can read a players hand before he even looks at his cards?

:s

edit - fwiw I would be shoving alot wider than TT in CBob's spot pre flop.

Prob KQ+ JQs+ A7s+ AT+ and any pair.
  • edited June 2011

No i no he doesn't have Aces obv but.. what i am saying is i ant no Derek Acorah, but that was a pretty sweet fold...:D:D:D
  • edited June 2011
    We don't know he has AA at the time obv. You have to assume the BB has 2 random cards. He's a 200/1+ shot to have AA Or are you that good you can read a players hand before he even looks at his cards? :s edit - fwiw I would be shoving alot wider than TT in CBob's spot pre flop. Prob KQ+ JQs+ A7s+ AT+ and any pair.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

the whole point of bet sizing is to establish how strong he is..if you had any experience live to raise in first position and get reriased all in and called means that you are more than likely to be behind,also if this is a sng dym, you would have risked the whole buyin for less than a flip, you may as well play russian roulette..
  • edited June 2011
    I'm pretty sure that if you ask any of the successful dym players on the site they will say this is about as standard a shove as you can get.

I didn't realise it was a dym, my shoving range would be abit tighter, but TT is well within it.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm pretty sure that if you ask any of the successful dym players on the site they will say this is about as standard a shove as you can get. I didn't realise it was a dym, my shoving range would be abit tighter, but TT is well within it.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

and you would have busted out..:)
  • edited June 2011
    I would defo be shoving pre, 12 BB insta shove. Bet folding is bad but after 2 all ins you cant call

Toby dont be results orientated the correct play is shoving regardless we act before the aces guy and we dont know someones sitting with aces
  • edited June 2011
    Hate the button min with a limp in front.
  • edited June 2011
    btn min raise is horrible, shove over limper, bust out, ez game
  • edited June 2011
    I would defo be shoving pre, 12 BB insta shove. Bet folding is bad but after 2 all ins you cant call Toby dont be results orientated the correct play is shoving regardless we act before the aces guy and we dont know someones sitting with aces
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

actually i like the whole play,he asks a question gets a response,uses his head..

the min raise at those blinds is not great,but i suppose no one wants to fold 10 10 ...

this is not a standard MTT,and it is always better to be in the tournement  with 10 bb than out of it with nothing.

1010 is also medium pair,with two callers you have to expect 3 overs and or a bigger PP. so actually you are probably behind on most flops.

also i cant believe you would shove 12 bb to win 300 chips, near the bubble on a dym,that s just ridiculous.
  • edited June 2011

Is this AREA51 or the bloody clinic ffs??

I want to read bad beats/site rigged threads here, not how to play a hand 100 different ways!!

Mods....ship this over to JJ's surgery, ty.
  • edited June 2011
    wow. i didnt remember posting this on the clinic for advice.

i have said usually i insta shove my 10's here...the reason for the post is that i looked at my tens, and had a gut feeling that i should play it differently. in the end my gut feeling was right and i didnt go bust.

that is all. :)
  • edited June 2011
    wow. i didnt remember posting this on the clinic for advice. i have said usually i insta shove my 10's here...the reason for the post is that i looked at my tens, and had a gut feeling that i should play it differently. in the end my gut feeling was right and i didnt go bust. that is all. :)
    Posted by Crunchybob

'use the force luke'

• edited June 2011
    It's shoving 12 xbb to win 500 chips not 300.

DJ if you arent on the wind up you are scarily bad. I really hope you are kidding, but not sure u r this time................

Why are u assuming you are gonna get 2 callers when you shove the 10s here? The whole idea of shoving is because you have fold equity to make the "overs" fold and win the pot pre flop.

• edited June 2011
    Doh ur missing the point here.

im not asking where i went wrong or how i could of played it differently, i was bragging that i got lucky with the fold. and if id called then the 10 on turn would of got me excited for nothing lol.
  • edited June 2011

I'm not missing that point, I know what your saying and why u posted it, was just discussing the hand w/DJ.
  • edited June 2011
    Ok..well ill let u 2 swing ur handbags round on my thread then :D
  • edited June 2011
    I'm pretty sure that if you ask any of the successful dym players on the site they will say this is about as standard a shove as you can get. I didn't realise it was a dym, my shoving range would be abit tighter, but TT is well within it.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    coo-ey

think i mite fit this bill

and yeah ur rite, 100% standard
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Wow i could of been in trouble here. : the whole point of bet sizing is to establish how strong he is..if you had any experience live to raise in first position and get reriased all in and called means that you are more than likely to be behind,also if this is a sng dym, you would have risked the whole buyin for less than a flip, you may as well play russian roulette..
    Posted by djblacke04
    C'mon dj - you know how unmacho it is to admit you

1. fold big hands in some situations

and

2. raise a smallish amount

Do not ever justify it by saying you played differently to normal because of the game situation or table dynamics because all you are doing is trying to hide the fact you have no cahoonies.

btw not read all posts so it may have been mentioned already.  Did Crunchy cash?
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Wow i could of been in trouble here. : C'mon dj - you know how unmacho it is to admit you 1. fold big hands in some situations and 2. raise a smallish amount Do not ever justify it by saying you played differently to normal because of the game situation or table dynamics because all you are doing is trying to hide the fact you have no cahoonies. btw not read all posts so it may have been mentioned already.  Did Crunchy cash?
    Posted by AyrGraeme
    Sure did
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Wow i could of been in trouble here. : Sure did
    Posted by Crunchybob
    Well done sir, keep on making your reads and ignore any cliche 1 size fits all type advice.