You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I can probably get off this, but should I?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #380142981 (23:43 08/06/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
1t0mma03 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £7.79
DannyMcs Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £21.28
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

eatmyset Fold        
DN34689 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £28.94
V Raise   £1.80 £2.70 £25.29
1t0mma03 Fold        
DannyMcs Call   £1.60 £4.30 £19.68
DN34689 Call   £1.20 £5.50 £27.74
Flop

• A

DannyMcs Check        
DN34689 Check        
V Bet   £4.20 £9.70 £21.09
DannyMcs All-in   £19.68 £29.38 £0.00
DN34689 Fold        
V All-in   £21.09 £50.47 £0.00
V Unmatched bet   £5.61 £44.86 £5.61
DannyMcs Show
  • A
  • Q

V Show

Turn

River

V Win Three 10s £43.06   £48.67

No history to speak of with opponent, after the PF RR I'm assuming 1010+, AJ+, maybe suited A10...and another guy at the table had just made a big 3 bet pre with 66 which got showed down so it was kind of in my mind that people do get the RR in with smaller pairs at this level sometimes.

In the cold light of day I think it's v poor from me, I was thinking "grr, he's got 1010" even as I was pressing the shove button, but what do others think? I suppose he can have JJ, QQ, KK here a lot of the time, as well as weaker hands like A10 that are still beating me but I'm not as dead to as the set. I thought a big club draw might also be a possibility, though probably not too likely.

Also, is a feeler RR to his flop raise a good idea, with the intention of folding to the shove? Or should I just give it up on the flop?

Comments

• edited June 2011

I'd just be folding pre.......

DN's opening range prob crushes AQ in itself, nevermind the guy three betting, and ur position...

• edited June 2011

it easy for us to critise but its hard wen were not playin at that time to really get to no dynamics of the game a players tenndancies...! 

there a so many factors which can be diffent at any time and therefore can make any play with this hand correct..! in sum situations cold 4bettin this hand would be correct,eg if OR opens alot and 3 bettor knows this his value 3bettin range will be de-polarsed.. 

if there openin and 3 bettin ranges are smaller then just fold BUT (as i say HOW CAN WE WIN I WE FOLD)

i think the tunr c/raise on flop is horrible cos jus jus gettin snap called by all better hands.. thats jus trowin money away..! 

check calling the flop would probally be best probally c/fold on turn .. jus a horrible situation to be in.!

• edited June 2011
    with no reads fold AQ to a 3bet oop

never folding after I flop top pair. I prob just c/c and get it in on turn. Dont call pre unless you are happy getting it in on nearly all A high flops
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: I can probably get off this, but should I?:
    with no reads fold AQ to a 3bet oop never folding after I flop top pair. I prob just c/c and get it in on turn. Dont call pre unless you are happy getting it in on nearly all A high flops
    Posted by grantorino

never foldin? after u c/call flop and c/all turn shove from villain what do u think he's gonna show u AJ????

his range for 3b pre bet bet is minimum of Ak .. dont think he even barrels AQ on turn defo not KK QQ JJ.. 

fold on turn IMO
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: I can probably get off this, but should I?:
    In Response to Re: I can probably get off this, but should I? : never foldin? after u c/call flop and c/all turn shove from villain what do u think he's gonna show u AJ???? his range for 3b pre bet bet is minimum of Ak .. dont think he even barrels AQ on turn defo not KK QQ JJ..  fold on turn IMO
    Posted by LnarinOO
    if his range is AK,JJ+ then fold pre obv.

If I call pre I assume his range is wider. This flop sucks a little, but if I think I can call pre profitably I am very rarely folding tp in a 3bet pot
  • edited June 2011
    we dont have TPTK and i dont think u should be basing u preflop decision on ur post flop plays..! ranges are goin to be more defined. yes we should have a plan of action but this is goin to be dependent of so many other factors which cannot be takin into account pre flop...!! u cant jus say " yea i have AQ and if i hit an ace on the flop im gonna go with it"

• edited June 2011
    meant to say tp not tptk

Tell me how we can call a 3bet pre hit our flop then not go broke in a 3bet pot 100BB deep. Dont call pre if you dont think top pair is good enough to go with. The stack to pot ratio is too low. I'm sure you can bring up very specific boards or reads where you can fold (this board is pretty bad tbh), but in general I think you need to be prepared to go with top pair if you call a 3bet 100BB deep
  • edited June 2011
    Just fold AQ pre :) Sometimes you may aswel look down and see A2

If your calling a 3bet pre then what you going to do on a Q or A high flop, are you folding.
    If the answer is yes then just fold pre.
    If your getting it all in then hey ho,  your crushed most of the time.

AQ looses so much money over time :(
  • edited June 2011
    yea its hard not to go broke with this hand once weve played it in the first place.. especially only 100b  deep.. but i still think there is value in savin the 60-70bb rather than gettin all in  wen our hand is rarley goin to be good once allin.. 

everyone plays different tho..
  • edited June 2011
    I understand what GT is saying but I prefer Lnarins line post flop. Unless villain is mental then c/c flop and c/f turn is prob best because villain is likely to slow down with all hands we beat and continue with those beating us.

C/shoving flop is bad Dan because you fold out all worse hands and only get called by those crushing you.

Ofc you can avoid all problems by just folding pre which is probably what I would have done.
  • edited June 2011
    Only read OP but really dont like calling the 3 bet in the BB with AQ bud.  re raise or fold, fold most likely being the course of action.
  • edited June 2011
    Thanks all...know I played this bad from the flop but wasn't expecting such a strong concensus for folding pre. Food for thought, cheers.