You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Probably a horrible fold in 250BB cash game, dont know, you tell me.

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Playing 50/£1 cash game this evening and have been running horrificly, yet playing well.  £200 max £20 min, Ive been smacked in the face alot, A's cracked by 2's AIPF for £80 then I call a small bet in the BB from the button with 89s, flop comes 567 rainbow giving me the stone cold nuts.  Guy opens first to act really strong ( £40 into $35 so I put him on an overpair (so I go all in for £200) he calls instantly showing tens.

567 (my 89) vs (his 10's) = 567  5  5.  Really brutal 10's full of 5 's.

Right so its not my night.  I'm running bad mostly.  But I rebuy ,and turn the £200 into about £340. 

Right then theres this guy opening every pot for £60 @ 50/p£1.  People just waiting to pick him off.  I've found 6's vs him but didnt want to race stacks, as  its unlikely I just call, so have folded.

Then he open jams for £60 UTG and a rock with a stack of £500ish flat calls UTG +2.  A real rock.  I find J's in the SB with a stack of £340.

How do you play your J's here?  FWIW I know what winner holds but not anyone else @ showdown.  No one else holding a PP hugher than J's.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Throw those jacks away. There is not a cat in hell's chance the rock is flat-calling that £60 opening bet with a pair of tens. The sucker making the £60 bet is 100% to fire out on the flop no matter what comes. The rock is aiming to felt him.

{Not sure I understand your final sentence by the way. No one else but you or no-one else but winner?}
  • edited June 2011
    how deep is fish?

can rockflat AK,AQ, and can he fold them if you raise? Can he flat smaller pairs?
  • edited June 2011
    UTG open shoved, for £60, so nothing behind him.

Rock has me covered.  UTG opening massive every hand.  I also got the impression rock was waiting in the weeds, not cold calling with anything less than AQ.  I dont really like flatting my J's pre there, I'm, only raising or folding, any raise committing my stack.  I was a bit drunk putting this up, but it was a really lively table  UTG guy betting his 80BB's allin pre blind so its generating alot of action.

I decide I have nothing invested and am going to be playing for another 5 hours or so, so no real need to go to war on a coin flip.  Am going to hate jamming into the rocks cold call to have him snap me off with a huge hand.

As it turns out someone calls behind.  Fish is all in, two callers check it down on a board of AA48J.  Caller behind me shows 7's FTW, other two players muck........................
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Probably a horrible fold in 250BB cash game, dont know, you tell me.:
    how deep is fish? Open jammed 60bigs.  can rockflat AK,AQ, and can he fold them if you raise? He can flat these hands easily given how UTG fish was playing, but I felt he'd call if I jammed Can he flat smaller pairs?  Most definately yes.
    Posted by grantorino
    Just awful by me really.  Justifications in above post though.