You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Line check 2 please............Hating poker a little more :p

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hand 2

Continuing on from other post.  Again, cooler.  Most interested in bet sizing/though process etxc

Have reloaded and made a bit, up to around £260.  But I think its clear to a couple of players I'm a bit steamed.

I raise K's UTG for £6.  BB calls.

£15 in pot.  BB pretty TAG, he's well known for only playing the nuts.

Qc9h4s.  He has about £160 total.  He opens for £10, I pop it to £40 very quickly to attempt to reinforce my steamed image.  I have a bit of a live tell, being tanking before raising strong (working on it).  He shoves on me.  I hate it.  He easily holds Q9 or a set here.  But I just tell myself I cant be that unlucky again, plus the pot pretty much sets me even if won.  So I call, and am surprised to see opponent holds Qh10h.

Qc9h4s  2h      Kh.  Pretty gross again.  But turn card really wakes up his hand.

Any argument made for calling the re raise and jamming turn here do you think?  Opponent could easily have e crushed on flop here.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    with the villains you describe in your other posts I open for 10

Im never raising flop unless Im snapping a shove, unless you have a good read he calls with loads of worse hands and only raises better. lol at him being pretty tag if he shows up with QT here

what are you saying about your tell? not sure what you mean. How can you play a turn when his reraise is all in?
  • edited June 2011
    Yes your right, strike that reverse it.  Any argument to flat flop then apply pressure on blank turn?  But I dont really like that line.

Thing is these three hands I put up I really feel like I played near perfect.  Went for maximum value in each spot, getting beat by 0.4%, <20% and 22%.  Huge hands played for stacks and just being punished.  Hand no.1 likely entering my top 10 all time all in off flop.  All within 30minutes also

Just feeling that playing this well and being crushed for last month (mostly) is an omen.  I'm on such a downswing I dont feel like I can justify playing for a while.  I mean flopping the nuts and generating a call on such a wet board for 200+ BB's and getting outdrawn from less than 1% off flop, what more can you do?  Flopping top set with A's and generating the call, river set with K's allin on flop for the loss.  If your just going to play well and run so bad whats the point???